- People are sharing how serving in the military has ruined their lives with #WhyIServe Sunday 5:31 PM
- Gillette ad showing a dad teaching his trans son how to shave has the internet in tears Sunday 4:34 PM
- 4chan’s new troll campaign aims to make the hashtag a white supremacist symbol Sunday 2:49 PM
- Here’s what that ‘cliff wife’ meme is all about Sunday 12:58 PM
- Artist suspended from Facebook, Instagram after posting anti-MAGA artwork Sunday 12:04 PM
- How to watch Serie A online for free Sunday 7:30 AM
- What does ‘uwu’ mean? Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to uninstall the Epic Games Launcher (for real) Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Indianapolis 500 online for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses Saturday 5:06 PM
- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake Saturday 4:07 PM
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Saturday 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Saturday 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Saturday 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Saturday 11:58 AM
Here’s how to get your Supernatural or Supergirl fix.
Don’t wait until it’s almost time for The Flash or The 100 to find a CW live stream.
The CW has been home to some of pop culture’s longest-running dramas, but it’s also managed to evolve alongside tastes with superhero and supernatural serials. Whether you’re a Black Lightning fanboy or a Supernatural devotee, here’s everything you need to know to watch the CW online.
What is the CW?
The CW is the child of the channels formerly known as the WB (long live the frog) and UPN. Founded in 2006, it made waves with general audience programs like America’s Next Top Model, Veronica Mars, and 7th Heaven. Since those days, it’s gradually leaped into science fiction and alternative drama territories, like the gothic Vampire Diaries and the monolithic Supernatural, which has one of pop culture’s strongest fan followings around. The CW has leaped headfirst into DC Comics television series like Flash, Arrow, and Supergirl.
- The best DC animated movies of all time
- Here’s how fast the Flash really is
- Marvel vs. DC: Which comics universe reigns supreme?
- DC Universe is a bold new subscription service
The CW live stream: 5 ways to watch online
Only two of the major live TV streaming services guarantee you’ll have access to a CW live stream. Here’s a complete rundown of your options.
- Cost: $44.95 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- Hulu devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch, and iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, the CW (check your local availability here)
Hulu with Live TV is one of the most popular ways to stream live TV because you gain access to a massive library of on-demand content including classic and current TV shows, movies, not to mention Hulu’s original programming. You’ll also have almost 60 channels to watch live, including the CW, HGTV, a full suite of ESPN channels, Cartoon Network, FX, and even deep cuts like Nat Geo Wild and Syfy. Here’s the complete list of Hulu Live TV channels.
- The best new movies on Hulu: 2018 new releases to watch
- The best thrillers on Hulu
- Funny movies on Hulu when you need a good laugh
- 10 sad movies on Hulu guaranteed to make you cry
- Cost: $44.99 for your first month and $54.99 per month thereafter (after a 7-day free trial)
- FuboTV devices: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Android TV, iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: ABC, Fox, NBC, CBS, the CW (in some markets) (check local availability here)
FuboTV only includes a live stream of the CW in select areas, so be sure to check before subscribing. Otherwise, you can watch on-demand the next day. There are different channel packages available whether you’re looking for basketball, soccer, golf, and even outdoor sports like rock climbing. But no worries, all the great cable channels you’re after are present too, including Viceland, Bravo, TBS, and IFC. Here’s the complete FuboTV channels list.
3) YouTube TV
- Cost: $49.99 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- Devices: Google Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, Xbox One, iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: NBC, CBS, Fox, ABC, the CW (enter your ZIP code here to check your availability)
YouTube TV is on the mid-to-high price range for most folks, but it does offer a good selection of entertainment channels alongside a CW live stream. If you really dig your prime time drama, you’ll also get CBS, ABC, NBC, AMC, FX, and plenty more. After you’re done with your favorite series, you can catch up on the real world with a solid selection of news channels like Fox News, CNN, and even BBC and BBC America. There’s not really a major movie channel option, but you can always watch free movies on YouTube. (Here’s a complete guide to YouTube TV channels.)
Game-changing feature: You can add up to six accounts per household, and each one of those accounts gets unlimited cloud DVR. Even better: You can fast-forward through ads in recorded programs.
For some of the CW’s biggest shows, like Supernatural, Riverdale, and The Flash, you can stream the last five episodes or so for free with ads from the official website—no sign-in required. The earliest of those five episodes expires after a few weeks, though, so don’t delay. For what it’s worth, the CW site includes a few behind-the-scenes videos, and the videos that are about to leave the service are marked accordingly.
5) The CW app
Don’t think of the CW app as something that’s just for your phone. It works with nearly every major streaming device, meaning it’s easy to live stream CW shows on your big screen. The same restrictions apply as the CW’s website: The five latest episodes, only a few of the major shows, and ads. On the plus side, the app doesn’t ask for a cable provider log-in, and it’s completely free.
New to cord-cutting? Here are our picks for the best movie streaming sites of 2018 and free live TV apps and channels. If you’re looking for a specific channel, here’s how to watch HBO, Showtime, Starz, Sundance TV, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, Willow, AMC, FX, Fox News, Freeform, MSNBC, CNN, CNBC, FS1, TBS, TNT, Tennis Channel, Golf Channel, Syfy, HGTV, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, Bravo, Lifetime, Discovery, PBS, BBC, CSPAN, NBA TV, MTV, Comedy Central, Food Network, TLC, HLN, A&E, Animal Planet, National Geographic, the Weather Channel, the History Channel, and NFL RedZone without cable, as well as free movies on YouTube. If you’re on the move, here’s how to watch Fox Sports Go and live stream NBC Sports.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.