- Man flamed after admitting he called police on Target employee over a toothbrush Today 9:10 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Vivir Dos Veces’ searches for a last chance at first love Today 8:00 AM
- Camila Cabello must do more about her racist history Today 6:00 AM
- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
- Blue Bell ice cream licker pleads guilty Friday 2:54 PM
- 7 fortune-telling sites for when you’re bored Friday 2:21 PM
- Governor bans sex puns on free condom wrappers Friday 2:16 PM
- Is Justin Bieber’s ‘Yummy’ video secretly about Pizzagate? Friday 1:01 PM
- Woah Vicky rips out her hair in botched cultural appropriation attempt Friday 12:30 PM
- Here’s an exclusive look at ‘Weathering With You’ Friday 11:57 AM
- TikTok dudes are dipping their balls in soy sauce for ‘science’ Friday 11:49 AM
Vidgo is a bilingual streaming service that offers sports programming through BeIN Sports, and, for college sports fans, the Pac-12 Network. With the recent bit of flux in the streaming landscape, Vidgo has emerged as a competitive option to consider.
Here’s everything you need to know about Vidgo and how to watch soccer from Spain’s top league and beyond.
What is Vidgo? Price, features, channels
- Cost: $14.99 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- Vidgo devices: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, iOS and Android devices
Vidgo offers a package for under $15 a month that pulls together more than 45 English-language channels into its National English Package. That includes BeIN Sports and the Pac-12 Network for sports fans but also offers an array of favorites, including A&E, HGTV, History, Lifetime, and a full range of Nickolodeon channels, including TeenNick and NickToons.
If you’re in a bilingual household, there are additional packages available en Español, with programming from throughout the Americas and even Spain. Both the Latino Streaming Plan ($14.99 per month) and Latino Mas Streaming Plan ($24.99 per month) include BeIN’s main Spanish-language channel, TyC Sports, and Azteca America, while the higher tier adds DAZN.
Also, through its Vidgo app, it’s offering the option of Social TV, which allows Vidgo users to connect in real-time as they’re watching programming on their phones.
Watch soccer on Vidgo TV: La Liga and more
Barcelona, Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, and Sevilla are among the top draws in Spain’s top league, and the twice-a-season El Clasico between Barca and Real is one of the highest-drawing matches in all of soccer whenever it occurs. If you want to see stars in action, starting with Barcelona’s formidable front line of Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez, and Antoine Griezmann, BeIN Sports is your destination. The network carries La Liga exclusively in the U.S. and reserves the legendary broadcast team of Phil Schoen and Ray Hudson for its biggest matches.
Want to see who’s up and coming in Spain? Want to see if recently-relegated La Liga teams can claw their way back? Azteca America holds rights to air Spain’s second division in North America. Last year, RCD Mallorca, whose ownership group includes Phoenix Suns owner Robert Sarver and a trio of well-known American sports personalities (Stu Holden, Kyle Martino, and Steve Nash), ascended from the Segunda Division to hold its own in La Liga. Next season, Espanyol might be among the newly-relegated teams.
Though most casual soccer fans know Ligue 1 as the home of perennial Champions League entrants PSG, it offers highly-entertaining soccer with some well-put-together rosters. In recent years, AS Monaco, Nice, and Lille have fielded Champions League teams, while Olympique de Marseilles remains strong and appears on a trajectory to make Europe’s big stage in 2020. If you’re looking to see Neymar, Kylian Mbappe, Dario Benedetto, Renato Sanches, and American rising star Timothy Weah in action, Ligue 1 has you covered.
Turkish Super Lig
There are some surprises at the top of the standings this year in Turkey’s top league. Typically, BeIN’s coverage of this league—with some of the most demonstrative, passionate fans in the world—gravitate around Istanbul’s trio of top teams. Galatasaray is perhaps the most recognizable name and tends to go more international in its acquisitions; it’s most recent big-splash signing was Colombian legend Radamel Falcao. Fenerbahce is considered the more “working-class” alternative to “high-falutin'” Galatasaray; it currently features Max Kruse and Victor Moses in key roles. Besiktas’s roster includes recent American one-time switch Tyler Boyd.
The crown jewel of Buenos Aires-based TyC Sports is Argentina’s top-tier league. The Superliga includes River Plate and Boca Juniors, the implacable Buenos Aires-based rivals who face off in one of the world’s highest-profile derbies. While the top Argentine players in the world typically graduate to the best leagues in Europe, and while some are finding their way to MLS, many begin their careers with one of the top-tier teams in the Superliga. The current U-23 roster includes players from Superliga teams like Newell’s Old Boys, Godoy Cruz, and Estudiantes.
- How to stream BeIN Sports
- What I’ve learned after 100 hours on Sling TV
- Review: Hulu with Live TV ensures you always have something to watch
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Phil West is a sports reporter and the author of two books on soccer, ‘The United States of Soccer,’ and ‘I Believe That We Will Win,’ both from The Overlook Press. His work has appeared most recently in MLSSoccer.com, Pro Soccer USA, Texas Highways, and Howler. Based in Austin, he is also a lecturer in the Writing Program at the University of Texas at San Antonio.