- Majority of threats made since El Paso and Dayton shootings have been made online Thursday 8:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus tweets about cheating allegations and penis cake drama Thursday 6:32 PM
- ‘The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance’ dazzles with a timely tale Thursday 6:00 PM
- The DOJ emailed a white nationalist blog post to immigration judges Thursday 5:31 PM
- The Amazon rainforest is on fire–and people are using memes to cope Thursday 4:11 PM
- Microsoft contractors listened in on Xbox users Thursday 2:15 PM
- Anti-vaxxer assaults pro-vaccine lawmaker on Facebook Live (updated) Thursday 2:15 PM
- Oreos licked by singer Lewis Capaldi are being auctioned off on eBay Thursday 1:54 PM
- Zach Braff predicted Sean Spicer would be on ‘Dancing With the Stars’ 2 years ago Thursday 1:38 PM
- NYPD sergeant who watched Eric Garner die punished with lost vacation days Thursday 1:27 PM
- Brie Larson haters have a meltdown over a joke about Thor’s hammer Thursday 1:26 PM
- This comedian attempted to make fun of women on Twitter—and it did not go over well Thursday 1:04 PM
- Logan Paul wants to help the Amazon rainforest Thursday 12:36 PM
- Nutaku announces redesign and filters for LGBTQ porn games (updated) Thursday 12:25 PM
- This video of dozens of inflatable mattresses taking off in the wind is perfect Thursday 12:20 PM
If you want to watch NFL RedZone on Amazon Prime, it might not be obvious how to do it, but it’s possible. In fact, there are a couple of different ways to do it, and they vary significantly in terms of cost and ease of access.
Just so we’re clear before we get started: You won’t be able to pay for NFL RedZone through Amazon Prime. Rather, these options will allow you to add free channels from which, with the relevant subscription, you’ll be able to stream NFL RedZone on Amazon Prime.
If that’s the case, then why even bother watching NFL RedZone on Amazon Prime? For one thing, there’s a certain convenience to having all of your streaming centralized in one place. If you watch movies on Amazon Prime and enjoy its interface, it makes sense to go this route.
Don’t worry: It will all make sense soon. Here’s how to watch NFL RedZone on Amazon Prime.
How to watch NFL RedZone on Amazon Prime
There are three free channels you can use to watch NFL RedZone on Amazon Prime.
WATCH: Is SlingTV worth it?
1) Sling TV
Cost: $35 per month
Sling TV is by far the cheapest way to watch NFL RedZone; it’s not even close. If you’re not familiar, Sling TV is a live TV streaming service that offers all of the best channels from a cable package. Sling TV has three basic packages: Sling Orange costs $25 per month and includes a whole batch of ESPN channels, AMC, and Comedy Central. Sling Blue also costs $25 per month, and while it doesn’t have ESPN, it has nearly every other sports channel you could ask for, including NFL Network, FS1 and FS2, NBCSN, TNT, and TBS. Sling Orange + Blue costs $40 per month, and as you’ve guessed, it combines the two packages into one. (You can see a complete breakdown of Sling TV channels here.)
To get NFL RedZone, you’ll need either the Sling Blue or Sling Orange + Blue package, then to add the Sling Blue Sports Pack, which costs $10 per month and also includes NBA TV, NHL Network, and Pac-12 Network, among other channels. That brings your total monthly cost to either $35 or $50, depending on which package you build onto.
You can download the Sling TV app on a number of different devices—Amazon Fire TVs, Android Fire Stick, Amazon Cube, Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Xbox One, Google Chromecast, and iOS and Android devices—or you can simply download the free channel on Amazon Prime and enter your credentials. You’ll be watching NFL RedZone in no time.
- How to stream NFL games online: A complete guide to the 2018 season
- How to watch Thursday Night Football: 4 ways to live stream games
- What is ESPN+ and how does it work? Cost, features & live games
Cost: $99.99 per month for four months or $395.99 for the entire season
If you can afford it, NFL Sunday Ticket is the best way to stream NFL games online. It allows you to watch up to eight games at once—except the ones subject to local blackouts—and comes with a ton of other great features. On its own, NFL Sunday Ticket costs $73.99 per month for four months or a single payment of $293.96. To tack on NFL RedZone, you’ll have to upgrade to the NFLST.TV Max bundle, which also includes DirecTV Fantasy Zone. And no, you don’t need to DirecTV (the satellite version) to get this deal; it’s the online alternative. Once you’re signed up, you can watch NFL Sunday Ticket on any number of devices—Apple TV, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Roku, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Android TV, tablets, and iOS and Android phones—or you can just use your credentials and watch NFL RedZone on Amazon Prime using the official NFL Sunday Ticket channel.
- Sling TV: $35 per month
- NFL Sunday Ticket: $99.99 per month
- FuboTV: $53.98 per month
- PlayStation Vue: $59.99 per month
You can also watch NFL RedZone on Amazon Prime via the official NFL channel. You’ll need an NFL RedZone subscription to unlock that content. Both of the methods outlined above will work this way too, and there are two more to consider.
FuboTV, a sports-centric live TV streaming service, offers NFL RedZone as part of an add-on package called Sports Plus. It costs $8.99 per month. That’s in addition to Fubo’s basic package, which is $44.99 per month (after a seven-day free trial and one month at $39.99). FuboTV includes NFL Network, FS1 and FS2, NBA TV, and FX. It’s not your cheapest option, but it’s solid. The only real concern is that FuboTV doesn’t include any ESPN channels. (Here’s a full list of FuboTV channels.)
PlayStation Vue is another streaming option. It’s slightly more expensive, but you get way more channels. To watch NFL RedZone, you’ll have to get at least the Core package, which costs $49.99 per month and comes with a ton of sports-specific channels: Big Ten Network, CBS Sports Network, NBC Golf, MLB Network, NBA TV, SEC Network, and the NFL Network. (Here’s a breakdown of the PlayStation Vue channels.) From there, you’ll have to add the Sports Pack, which costs $10 per month and also includes three channels of Fox College Sports, ESPN Goal Line, and a few more specialty channels. That brings your total to a minimum of $59.99 per month, but PlayStation Vue offers two larger channel packages as well.
Note: NFL RedZone only airs 1pm-8pm ET on Sundays. Here’s what you need to know to watch Thursday Night Football on Amazon Prime, Twitch, or NFL Network, and here’s what you need to stream Monday Night Football. You’ll also need a way to watch Sunday Night Football.
Need ideas for what else to watch on Amazon Prime? Here are the best Amazon originals, the best documentaries on Amazon Prime, what’s new on Amazon, the best 4K movies, thrillers on Amazon Prime, alien movies, and the sexiest movies you can stream right now. Looking for something more specific? Here are the best comedies on Amazon Prime when you need a laugh, sad movies to make you cry, kids movies for the whole family, the best thrillers to get your heart racing, and the classic movies on Amazon Prime everyone should see.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Austin Powell is the former managing editor of the Daily Dot. His work focuses on the intersection of entertainment and technology. He previously served as a music columnist for the Austin Chronicle and is the co-author of The Austin Chronicle Music Anthology.