- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ unmasks the time-traveling Red Angel Thursday 8:30 PM
- Everyone is making memes of Meghan McCain saying ‘my father’ on loop Thursday 8:11 PM
- Irony of Georgia’s sperm-reporting bill flies by anti-abortion advocates Thursday 7:11 PM
- Sex scandals are consuming the K-pop industry Thursday 5:44 PM
- Trump supporters are abandoning Fox News over network’s latest hire Thursday 5:20 PM
- QAnon is attacking a random woman in a disturbing and dangerous way Thursday 4:59 PM
- Google celebrates Bach with AI-powered, music-making doodle Thursday 4:53 PM
- RIP: The best free trial in all of streaming entertainment Thursday 2:19 PM
- Which ‘Florida Man’ are you? Thursday 1:06 PM
- Hundreds of millions of Facebook passwords were accessible to employees Thursday 12:55 PM
- ‘Bitch I’m Bella Thorne’ morphs into TikTok dyslexia meme Thursday 12:17 PM
- Marvel is auctioning props and costumes from Netflix’s ‘Defenders’ franchise Thursday 12:12 PM
- Net neutrality advocates plan online watch party for the ‘Save the Internet’ Act Thursday 12:01 PM
- Tim Cook turns his iPad meme into an AirPod meme Thursday 11:46 AM
- Auschwitz Memorial asks visitors to stop taking playful photos at Holocaust site Thursday 11:33 AM
Here’s where you can stream Sheldon—both old and young—online for free.
In 2018, CBS and Warner Bros. announced that The Big Bang Theory would wrap up its 12th and final season in 2019. For long-time Big Bang fans, May 2019 will truly mark the end of an era. Until then, you can still stream the show to your heart’s delight in a number of ways. Here’s how to watch The Big Bang Theory online free of charge.
How to watch The Big Bang Theory online for free
As the longest-running multi-camera TV comedy ever, The Big Bang Theory has evolved over the years, from season 1 antics to Bitcoin theories to the debut of Young Sheldon, the series’ spinoff documenting the younger years of Sheldon Cooper (Jim Parsons). Thankfully, it’s easy to check out the latest episodes either using your favorite streaming service or via CBS’ streaming offerings, all of which offer a free trial to get started.
- Cost: $5.99 per month for streaming with ads, $9.99 per month for the ad-free version, add Showtime for $14.99 per month.
- Devices: Roku, Apple TV, Android and Android TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV, select smart TVs, Xbox, PS4, and the CBS app.
If you’re a true fan of The Big Bang Theory, it may be worth it to invest in the network’s own streaming service, CBS All Access, launched in 2014 in response to the success of other streaming platforms like Netflix and Hulu. You’ll get access to live TV streaming and your favorite series, along with CBS All Access exclusives like Star Trek: Discovery.
- Cost: $40 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- Hulu devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch, and iOS and Android devices
- Hulu local channels: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, the CW (check your local availability here)
With Hulu with Live TV, you’ll get live channel streaming plus access to Hulu’s full on-demand catalog of Hulu originals, documentaries, anime, and movies. You can try out the service with a seven-day free trial, which should be enough time to get through at least some of The Big Bang Theory‘s new episodes. (Here’s the complete guide to Hulu Live TV channels.)
- The best new movies on Hulu: 2018 new releases to watch
- The best thrillers on Hulu
- Funny movies on Hulu when you need a good laugh
- 10 sad movies on Hulu guaranteed to make you cry
- Cost: $44.99-$79.99 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- PlayStation Vue devices: PlayStation 3 and 4, Roku, Amazon Fire, Google Chromecast, Kodi, iOS and Android devices
If you want a Big Bang Theory live stream, you can get it on PlayStation Vue’s entry-level Access package for $44.99 per month. That package also includes HGTV, USA, TNT, TBS, and more, but PlayStation Vue offers three other channel levels if you want to upgrade for more options. (Here’s the complete guide to PlayStation Vue channels.)
- Cost: $39.99 for your first month and $44.99 per month thereafter (after a 7-day free trial)
- FuboTV devices: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Android TV, iOS and Android devices
- FuboTV local channels: ABC, Fox, NBC, CBS (check local availability here)
FuboTV isn’t just for sports fanatics. While the streaming service is your best option for international soccer, there’s plenty more to enjoy, including Syfy, Lifetime, HGTV, AMC, and more. (Here’s the complete FuboTV channels list.)
5) YouTube TV
- Cost: $40 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- YouTube TV devices: Google Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, Xbox One, iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: NBC, CBS, Fox, ABC, the CW (enter your ZIP code here to check your availability)
Of all the options on this list, YouTube TV is the best live TV streaming service to share. You can add up to six accounts for each subscription, and all of those come with unlimited cloud DVR, which is great because you’ll have plenty of channels and shows you’ll want to watch. YouTube TV includes ESPN, USA the CW, CNN, and plenty more. (You can find the full list of YouTube TV channels here.)
6) DirecTV Now
- Cost: $40 to $75 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- DirecTV Now devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, and Amazon Fire Stick
For the money, DirecTV Now is one of the best streaming packages out there. Aside from the impressive base package (72 channels for just $40), it gives you cheap access to your other streaming faves, like HBO, which is available for just $5 per month. Here’s the complete guide to DirecTV Now channels.)
The Big Bang Theory full episodes
As covered above, CBS All Access is your best bet for watching old, full episodes of The Big Bang Theory. For just $4.99 per month, you can watch any of The Big Bang Theory‘s soon-to-be 279 episodes. That’s a great deal, especially considering you won’t find The Big Bang Theory on Netflix.
If you need to catch up on The Big Bang Theory, TBS shows reruns every weeknight and offers those same episodes for a limited time for on-demand viewing. All of the live TV streaming options above offer TBS, so you can use your subscription credentials to unlock on-demand streaming.
New to cord-cutting? Here are our picks for the best movie streaming sites of 2018 and free live TV apps and channels. If you’re looking for a specific channel, here’s how to watch HBO, Showtime, Starz, Sundance TV, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, Willow, AMC, FX, Fox News, Freeform, MSNBC, CNN, CNBC, FS1, TBS, TNT, Tennis Channel, Golf Channel, Syfy, HGTV, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, Bravo, Lifetime, Discovery, PBS, the CW, BBC, CSPAN, NBA TV, MTV, Comedy Central, Food Network, TLC, HLN, A&E, Animal Planet, National Geographic, the Weather Channel, the History Channel, and NFL RedZone without cable, as well as free movies on YouTube. If you’re on the move, here’s how to watch Fox Sports Go and live stream NBC Sports.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Lauren L'Amie is the SEO editor of the Daily Dot. Her work focuses on women and the internet, tech, and health. Previously, she has contributed to Tom's Guide and Texas Monthly. Currently, she is based in Brooklyn and becoming a keyword ninja.