- These high school theater kids put on a totally awesome ‘Alien’ play Saturday 3:59 PM
- Behold these photos of Elon Musk, but with Elizabeth Holmes’ eyes Saturday 3:11 PM
- Barbra Streisand gets canceled over remarks about Michael Jackson’s alleged victims Saturday 2:09 PM
- Report: Florida man raped Texas teen after posing as Instagram celeb Saturday 12:14 PM
- Lori Loughlin’s daughters, Olivia and Isabella, could be banned from USC forever Saturday 11:46 AM
- ‘Starfish’ is a heartbreaking tale of BFFs, grief, and apocalyptic alien invasions Saturday 10:35 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 148 for free Saturday 10:00 AM
- The kids are making scantron memes instead of studying Saturday 9:29 AM
- Every installment of Hulu’s ‘Into the Dark,’ ranked Saturday 6:00 AM
- The internet is mocking Robert Mueller’s report deadline Friday 7:53 PM
- Instagram blocks some anti-vax hashtags—but still has far to go Friday 6:20 PM
- Study: Netflix released more originals than licensed titles last year Friday 2:26 PM
- Laura Ingraham, Dinesh D’Souza slam journalist for having a job Friday 1:40 PM
- Netflix is testing a cheap-as-hell mobile-only plan Friday 1:08 PM
- Astrology app Co-Star’s bizarre push notifications are now a meme Friday 12:18 PM
Get all the ‘Rick and Morty’ you can handle.
You no longer need a cable package and a late bedtime for streaming Adult Swim. Thankfully, you can watch an Adult Swim live stream whenever you please now and keep up to date on Rick and Morty and The Venture Bros. There are a couple of different ways to watch Adult Swim online, and they vary in terms of cost and what other services they provide. We’ve broken down the essential info to help you make an informed decision.
Here’s everything you need to know to watch an Adult Swim live stream.
What is Adult Swim?
Adult Swim is essentially Cartoon Network’s late-night block, featuring a healthy smattering of mature humor and anime. It’s the home of such crass classics as Rick and Morty, The Venture Bros., and some recent anime like Attack on Titan and FLCL Alternative. So, in case it’s not already obvious, when you’re looking to watch Adult Swim online, the channel you’re actually looking for is Cartoon Network. Adult Swim takes over the channel from 9pm-6am ET, when the kids are (hopefully) asleep.
- ‘Rick and Morty’ quotes that’ll blow your mind and crush your soul
- What the heck is a plumbus?
- Everything we know about ‘Rick and Morty’ season 4
|Hulu w/ Live TV||$40||CLICK HERE|
|Sling TV||$25-40||CLICK HERE|
Stremaing Adult Swim: 6 ways to watch online
All of the six major live TV streaming services carry Cartoon Network, so picking the right one for you really comes down to your budget and what else you want to watch.
- Cost: $40 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- Hulu devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch, and iOS and Android devices
- Hulu local channels: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, the CW (check your local availability here)
If you’re not in the mood to watch Adult Swim live, Hulu with Live TV might be the way to go. You’ll get access to on-demand content, including Rick and Morty season 3, as well as live TV, meaning you won’t have to putz around with a DVR program. For your trouble, you’ll get a healthy smattering of entertainment and sports channels, including FX and ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPNEWS. (Here’s a complete guide to Hulu Live TV channels.)
Game-changing feature: Every subscription comes with free access to Hulu’s on-demand library, meaning you can catch up on all of your favorite shows. (Here are our picks for the best movies on Hulu, Hulu documentaries, anime, and the must-see Hulu originals.)
- How to get Hulu for free with Sprint
- Funny movies on Hulu when you need a good laugh
- 10 action movies on Hulu that kick serious butt
- Cost: $44.99-$79.99 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- PlayStation Vue devices: PlayStation 3 and 4, Roku, Amazon Fire, Google Chromecast, Kodi, iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: NBC, Fox, ABC, CBS (enter your ZIP code here to check your availability)
If you live stream Adult Swim, chances are you’re also the owner of at least one gaming console. You can keep your entertainment on one box with PlayStation Vue, with a base package that includes Cartoon Network, AMC, FX and plenty more. While some of Vue’s packages are a joke price-wise, they do offer the option to add on smaller packages at smaller rates, so if you need your HBO, Cinemax, or Showtime fix after catching up on Adult Swim, that’ll be somewhere between $8 to $18 a month. (Here’s a complete guide to PlayStation Vue channels.).
Game-changing feature: You can stream on up to five devices at once, and there’s unlimited cloud DVR.
3) YouTube TV
- Cost: $40 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- YouTube TV devices: Google Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, Xbox One, iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: NBC, CBS, Fox, ABC, the CW (enter your ZIP code here to check your availability)
If you want to watch Adult Swim shows online, streaming them on one of the largest video platforms makes sense. YouTube TV has a little bit of everything, but for the late-night action and humor enthusiasts, you’ll also get Syfy, FX, Fox, Disney XD, and TNT among plenty of others. (Here’s a complete guide to YouTube TV channels.)
Game-changing feature: You can add up to six accounts per household, and each one of those accounts gets unlimited cloud DVR. Even better: You can fast-forward through ads in recorded programs.
- The 25 most-subscribed-to YouTube channels
- The best documentaries on YouTube
- Full movies on YouTube: How to find old movies to watch
4) Sling TV
- Cost: $25-$40 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- Sling TV devices: Amazon Fire TVs, Android Fire Stick, Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Xbox One, Google Chromecast, Oculus Go, and iOS and Android devices
- Sling TV local channels: NBC, Fox (check your local availability here)
If you’re looking for a solid way to stream Adult Swim, Sling TV’s two packages aren’t a poor way to go. Sling Orange (priced at $25 a month) will get you the necessary Cartoon Network, plus TBS, AMC, and Comedy Central. If you like sports as much as cartoons, you’ll get all three ESPN channels, but you’ll need Sling Blue to get the other options like the NFL Network and FX. You could just bite the bullet and get both packages together for a premium $40, but you do you. (Here’s a complete guide to Sling TV channels.)
Game-changing feature: Price. Sling TV offers the most football for the least amount of money.
- The best anime on Netflix
- The best anime movies on Netflix
- New anime on Netflix: Every anime series to look forward to
- The best Netflix original anime
- Cost: $39.99 for your first month and $44.99 per month thereafter (after a 7-day free trial)
- FuboTV devices: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Android TV, iOS and Android devices
- FuboTV local channels: Fox, NBC, CBS (check local availability here)
FuboTV may cater to sports junkies, but you’ll get a healthy smattering of entertainment channels for your trouble, too. Besides the necessary Cartoon Network for Adult Swim shows, you’ll get AMC, FX, Food Network, and local affiliates, although there’s no on-demand option for a local channel if it isn’t offered, so be aware. FuboTV does also offer a Spanish channel package. (Here’s a complete guide to FuboTV channels.)
Game-changing feature: Three-day replay for games and 30 hours of cloud DVR.
6) DirecTV Now
- Cost: $40-$75 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- DirecTV Now devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, and Amazon Fire Stick
- Local channels: ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, the CW (enter your ZIP code here to check local availability)
Like most other packages here, Adult Swim can be found on the base plan via Cartoon Network. DirecTV sports a pretty competitive price for all your getting, including Comedy Central, AMC, FX, and a couple dozen more. The bigger packages will start to run up your bill, but they’re not as frivolous as PlayStation Vue’s. (Here’s a complete guide to DirecTV Now channels.)
Game-changing feature: AT&T Unlimited customers can save $25 a month off every DirecTV Now package.
Other ways to watch Adult Swim online
1) The Adult Swim website
No one takes better care of their fans than Adult Swim. Its official website is streaming live all the time, even in the afternoon hours, with a completely unique block of programming. (You can check out the daily schedule here.) At any given time, there are multiple Adult Swim streams, including a nightly stream, plus non-stop marathons of individual shows. So if you’re looking for a marathon stream of Rick and Morty or The Eric Andrew Show, Adult Swim’s site has you covered. You have to log-in to chat, but most of the streams can be viewed by anyone with an internet connection.
Once the clock strikes 9pm ET, the website also hosts an Adult Swim simulcast, although it’s heavy with repeat content since it’s all designed for a late-night block of a bigger channel. They’ve also got a Toonami stream running older anime reruns and an archive of older shows. What more could you ask for?
That said, for a large portion of the content (like a few episodes of Venture Bros. season seven), you’ll need to log in with your cable provider information. You can tell which episodes are locked by the key symbol next to their titles, and those episodes may not always be around thanks to licensing deals. Your subscription with any of the services above will suffice.
There’s also the free Adult Swim app, which works on iOS, Android, Roku, and Fire TV devices. The same restrictions apply. If you’re always traveling, or if you prefer your phone to a remote, it’s a great way to stream Adult Swim shows.
New to cord-cutting? Here are our picks for the best movie streaming sites of 2018 and free live TV apps and channels. If you’re looking for a specific channel, here’s how to watch HBO, Showtime, Starz, Sundance TV, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, Willow, AMC, FX, Fox News, Freeform, MSNBC, CNN, CNBC, FS1, TBS, TNT, Tennis Channel, Golf Channel, Syfy, HGTV, Cartoon Network, Bravo, Lifetime, Discovery, PBS, the CW, BBC, CSPAN, NBA TV, MTV, Comedy Central, Food Network, TLC, HLN, A&E, Animal Planet, National Geographic, the Weather Channel, the History Channel, and NFL RedZone without cable, as well as free movies on YouTube. If you’re on the move, here’s how to watch Fox Sports Go and live stream NBC Sports.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.