- Guy who wants to fund the border wall has privately raised $7 million Thursday 8:41 PM
- Mortal Kombat 11 trailer delights fans with gory fatalities, new characters Thursday 5:46 PM
- What you need to know about the data breach involving 773 email addresses Thursday 5:13 PM
- Senators fear government shutdown may affect FTC investigation of Facebook Thursday 3:43 PM
- Buy beer for a furloughed government worker with this new website Thursday 3:19 PM
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is teaching Congress how to tweet Thursday 2:42 PM
- Congressmen held genetics meeting with Chuck Johnson, despite his past racist claims about genetics Thursday 2:26 PM
- Female bodyguard thriller ‘Close’ is disappointingly un-thrilling Thursday 2:01 PM
- Twitter faces backlash for insensitive ‘triggers’ joke Thursday 1:13 PM
- 10 user-recommended sites for live tarot readings that are almost too good to be true Thursday 12:08 PM
- AsapSCIENCE comes for Jake Paul over Mystery Brand scam Thursday 11:34 AM
- Why ‘I never thought of it like that’ can actually be deeply offensive Thursday 11:26 AM
- Save 40% on the Fire TV Stick 4K when you rent textbooks through Amazon Thursday 11:05 AM
- Netflix reportedly used real disaster footage in ‘Bird Box’ Thursday 10:53 AM
- Holocaust denier Chuck Johnson spotted with 2 congressmen in Capitol Thursday 10:30 AM
Hulu with Live TV offers all the local channels you’ve come to expect.
If you’re looking to make the jump to streaming TV but don’t want to miss out on local channels, Hulu with Live TV is a solid option.
Most of the major streaming services—including PlayStation Vue, YouTube TV, FuboTV, and DirecTV Now—offer local channels, but availability varies with each service when it comes to channels and coverage areas. Sometimes you’ll find yourself without ABC or CBS, depending on local licensing. Looking for the best service? Here’s everything you need to know about watching local channels on Hulu with Live TV.
Hulu with Live TV has one main package that costs $39.99 per month, with add-ons like HBO available for an extra charge. Local channels come included with the cost of your membership, along with access to episodes live or on-demand.
- Hulu No Commercials vs Hulu Limited Commercials: What’s the difference?
- How many devices can stream Hulu and Hulu with Live TV?
- How to watch HBO on Hulu
- How to get Hulu for free with Sprint
Subscribers to Hulu with Live TV can’t fast-forward through commercials on DVR recordings without paying an extra $15 for the enhanced DVR. You also get your DVR time bumped up to 200 hours instead of the standard 50 hours, but when YouTube TV has unlimited DVR included it adds up. Please note, Hulu without Ads doesn’t encompass Live TV or the on-demand programming through Live TV, only programming that’s part of Hulu’s streaming service.
To see what local channels are available in your area, enter your ZIP code here. While Hulu with Live TV doesn’t feature many local channels beyond the big networks, there aren’t any major stations left unavailable either. Here’s what showed up for my ZIP code, for example:
Hulu with Live TV local channels
If you live in one of these major markets, here’s what local channels you can expect to find with Hulu with Live TV.
- Atlanta: ABC, CBS, Fox, Fox Sports South, Fox Sports Southeast, NBC, Telemundo, CW
- Austin: ABC, Fox, Fox Sports, Southwest, NBC, Telemundo
- Boston: ABC, CBS, WFXT, My38, NBC, NBC Sports Boston, NECN, Telemundo
- Charlotte: ABC, CBS, Fox Sports Carolinas, Fox Sports Southeast, My TV, NBC, Telemundo
- Chicago: ABC, CBS Fox, My TV, NBC, NBC Sports Chicago, NBC CSN+, Telemundo
- Dallas/Ft. Worth: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, NBC Southwest, NBC Southwest Plus, Star 21, My TV, Telemundo
- Detroit: ABC, CBS, Fox, Fox Sports Detroit, Fox Sports Detroit Plus, NBC, Telemundo, CW
- Gainesville: ABC, Fox, Fox Sports Florida, Fox Sports Sun, Telemundo
- Hartford/New Haven: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, NBC Sports Boston, NECN, SNY, Telemundo, Yes
- Houston: ABC, KHOU11, Fox, Fox Sports Southwest, My TV, NBC, Telemundo
- Los Angeles: ABC, CBS, Fox, Fox Prime Ticket, Fox Sports West, My TV, KCAL9, NBC, Telemundo
- Miami/Ft. Lauderdale: ABC, CBS, Fox, Fox Sports Florida, Fox Sports Sun, My TV, NBC, Telemundo
- Minneapolis/St. Paul: ABC, CBS, Fox, Fox Sports North, Fox Sports North Plus, My TV, NBC, Telemundo
- New York: ABC, CBS, Fox, My TV, NBC, WLNY, SNY, Telemundo, Yes
- Orlando/Daytona Beach/Melbourne: ABC, CBS, Fox, Fox Sports Florida, Fox Sports Sun, My TV, NBC, Telemundo
- Philadelphia: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, NBC Sports Philadelphia, NBC Sports Philadelphia Plus, Telemundo, CW
- Phoenix: ABC, CBS, Fox, Fox Sports Arizona, Fox Sports Arizona Plus, My TV, NBC, Telemundo
- San Diego: ABC, CBS, Fox, Fox Sports West, NBC, Telemundo
- San Francisco/Oakland/San Jose: ABC, CBS, Fox, KTVU Plus, NBC, NBC Sports Bay Area, NBC Sports California, Telemundo, CW
- Tampa/St. Petersburg: ABC, ABC Action News, CBS, Fox, Fox Sports Florida, Fox Sports Sun, NBC, Telemundo, CW
- Washington, D.C.: WUSA 9, Fox, My TV, NBC, NBC Sports Washington, NBC Sports Washington Plus, Telemundo
For more, here’s a complete breakdown of Hulu with Live TV channels.
Hulu with Live TV local channels: What’s not included
While you won’t miss out on ABC, CBS, or Fox, there’s one major local channel you won’t find on Hulu: PBS. While Hulu has some PBS content as part of its streaming service, you won’t find the channel on Hulu with Live TV. That said, PBS isn’t available on any streaming TV service right now. The good news is that PBS offers hours of content for free streaming on its own apps and website.
New to cord-cutting? Here are our picks for the best movie streaming sites of 2018 and free live TV apps and channels. If you’re looking for a specific channel, here’s how to watch HBO, Showtime, Starz, Sundance TV, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, AMC, FX, Fox News, Freeform, MSNBC, CNN, CNBC, FS1, TBS, TNT, Tennis Channel, Golf Channel, Syfy, HGTV, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, Bravo, Lifetime, Discovery, PBS, the CW, BBC, CSPAN, NBA TV, MTV, Comedy Central, Food Network, TLC, HLN, A&E, Animal Planet, National Geographic, the Weather Channel, the History Channel, and NFL RedZone without cable, as well as free movies on YouTube. If you’re on the move, here’s how to watch Fox Sports Go and live stream NBC Sports.
Still not sure what to watch on Hulu? Here are the best movies on Hulu, what’s new, the best shows on Hulu, the sexiest movies you can stream on the service, Hulu documentaries, anime, and the must-see Hulu Originals. Looking for something more specific? Here are the best thrillers, serial killer movies, and action movies to get your heart racing, classic movies when you want a blast from the past, sad movies when you need a good cry, adult cartoons, and funny movies on Hulu when you need a good laugh.
John-Michael Bond is a tech reporter and culture writer for Daily Dot. A longtime cord-cutter and early adapter, he's an expert on streaming services (Hulu with Live TV), devices (Roku, Amazon Fire), and anime. A former staff writer for TUAW, he's knowledgeable on all things Apple and Android. You can also also find him regularly performing standup comedy in Los Angeles.