- Snapchat just made all political ads purchased publicly available 10 Months Ago
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Borussia Dortmund in Champions League action Today 5:39 PM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Napoli in Champions League action Today 5:19 PM
- How to make real money with Amazon’s Mechanical Turk Today 5:03 PM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Valencia in the Champions League group stage Today 4:47 PM
- ‘SNL’ fires Shane Gillis for racist, homophobic comments Today 4:41 PM
- Ben Shapiro wants accusers to describe Brett Kavanaugh’s penis Today 4:30 PM
- Twitch suspends streamer for wearing Chun-Li cosplay Today 4:11 PM
- Report: 8 years of Trump tax returns subpoenaed by prosecutors Today 3:45 PM
- Netflix lands exclusive streaming rights to ‘Seinfeld’ Today 3:34 PM
- Jenny Slate sets first comedy special at Netflix Today 3:05 PM
- #EndSmearFear is aiming to save lives Today 2:54 PM
- Netflix ‘Living With Yourself’ trailer offers a double dose of Paul Rudd Today 2:07 PM
- How to stream the 2019-20 UEFA Champions League Today 2:04 PM
- Caitlyn Jenner ridiculed with transphobic jokes during Alec Baldwin roast Today 1:27 PM
In a world full of reality TV, TLC certainly gives its competitors a run for their money. Thankfully, it’s no contest when it comes to choosing between cable plans and far more convenient, affordable streaming services. If you’re looking to cut the cord but keep your favorite TLC shows, we’ve got you covered. Here’s everything you need to know to watch a TLC live stream for free.
|HOW TO WATCH TLC|
|AT&T TV NOW||TRY NOW|
What is TLC?
Of all the channels out there, TLC has one of the most twisty paths to its current state. Founded in 1972, TLC was originally called the Appalachian Community Service Network, an educational outlet partially organized by NASA. It broadened its scope in 1980, officially becoming The Learning Channel. By the turn of the century, TLC began to pull back on educational content in favor of straight-up entertainment.
Early reality favorites included Trading Spaces and Junkyard Wars, and another shift toward lifestyle programming brought about popular series like Jon & Kate Plus 8; Toddlers & Tiaras; Little People, Big World; and the infamous Here Comes Honey Boo Boo. You’ll now find The Little Couple, 90 Day Fiancé, and YouTube sensation Dr. Pimple Popper filling the airwaves.
TLC live stream: 4 ways to watch TLC online for free
While TLC is absent from some major live TV streaming services—including Hulu, Sling TV, and FuboTV—there are still plenty of ways to watch the channel. Three of the services that offer a TLC live stream come with at least a free seven-day trial, and one potential option is completely free.
- Cost: $16 per month (after 7-day free trial)
- Philo devices: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, iOS and Android devices
If you need to save some money, Philo is an incredible deal that includes your TLC live stream. The reality TV party doesn’t stop there, as you’ll also get MTV and MTV2, VH1, BET, A&E, and plenty of regular entertainment like Comedy Central and AMC. Philo’s optional add-on package has such a solid mix of reality and scripted programming that you might consider tacking it on for $4 extra per month. (Here’s a complete guide to Philo channels.)
2) AT&T TV Now
- Cost: $50-$135 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- Hulu devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: NBC, CBS, Fox, ABC, the CW (enter your ZIP code here to check your availability)
There’s a good chance that you’re already looking to AT&T for your wireless needs. The second you sign up you’ll gain instant access to 45+ channels, including local channels and even free HBO on PLUS and MAX channel suites. Plus, it comes with CloudDVR which lets you record up to 20 hours of TV per month. One account works on two devices, but you can add more devices for only $5.
- Cost: $44.99-$79.99 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- PlayStation Vue devices: PlayStation 3 and 4, Roku, Amazon Fire, Google Chromecast, Kodi, iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: NBC, Fox, ABC, CBS (enter your ZIP code here to check your availability)
PlayStation Vue has a reasonable selection, although it comes at a slightly higher price point than DirecTV Now’s entry-level package. Besides your TLC live stream, Vue’s entry-level Access package includes more scripted entertainment options than reality television, and sports fans will definitely want to go up one level to the Core package. (Here’s a complete guide to PlayStation Vue channels.)
4) Pluto TV
- Cost: Free
- Devices: Desktop/laptop, IOS, Android, Pluto TV app on select Smart TVs from Vizio, Samsung, Sony, and more.
Pluto TV may not have too many legitimate channels, instead opting to just cull content together into themed channels like the kung-fu-themed Flicks of Fury or the aptly titled Horror 24/7. For those wanting a TLC live stream, TLC owner Discovery announced a multi-year deal that will eventually lead to a channel hosting content from Discovery’s properties, including TLC, Discovery Channel, Animal Planet, ID, Discovery Life, and the Science Channel. So if you’re patient (and more than a little frugal), give Pluto TV a shot in the near future.
Other ways to watch TLC online
Like many other channels, TLC allows people who subscribe to a cable or streaming service to access a TLC live stream or on-demand content from the official TLC website or the TLC Go app. For the site, simply go to TLC.com, then click the “Live Now” link near the top left. You’ll be prompted to sign in with a TV provider. For DirectTV Now customers, “DirecTV” is listed, but other channels often list “DirecTV Now” as an option, so you may have to check if your credentials work. Philo and PlayStation Vue users can search for the service on the list of accepted providers and log in using your information.
New to cord-cutting? Here are our picks for the best movie streaming sites of 2018 and free live TV apps and channels. If you’re looking for a specific channel, here’s how to watch HBO, Showtime, Starz, Sundance TV, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, Willow, AMC, FX, Fox News, Freeform, MSNBC, CNN, CNBC, FS1, TBS, TNT, Tennis Channel, Golf Channel, Syfy, HGTV, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, Bravo, Lifetime, Discovery, PBS, the CW, BBC, CSPAN, NBA TV, MTV, Comedy Central, Food Network, HLN, A&E, Animal Planet, National Geographic, the Weather Channel, the History Channel, and NFL RedZone without cable, as well as free movies on YouTube. If you’re on the move, here’s how to watch Fox Sports Go and live stream NBC Sports.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.