- The ’24 hours to respond’ meme holds celebrities to a higher standard Monday 8:46 PM
- Twitter users miss the kids who walked in on their dad’s interview Monday 8:40 PM
- ‘The Thing About Men’ Twitter hashtag is full of sarcasm and misogyny Monday 7:27 PM
- This woman said Hillary Clinton losing the 2016 election gave her PTSD, and people are furious Monday 6:45 PM
- Vanessa Bryant files a lawsuit against helicopter company after deaths of Kobe and Gianna Monday 5:49 PM
- Michael Jordan cries at Kobe Bryant memorial, jokes about creating a new meme Monday 4:43 PM
- Woman’s boyfriend says it’s him or the frogs—Reddit says choose the frogs Monday 4:22 PM
- Greyhound buses will no longer allow Border Patrol checks Monday 4:04 PM
- ‘Eat Them To Defeat Them’ is oddly about vegetables—not about eating the rich Monday 3:26 PM
- Marco Rubio mocked for filming talking while driving socialism critique Monday 2:54 PM
- QAnon believer asks Trump’s campaign press secretary who Q is Monday 2:36 PM
- Octavia Spencer has discovered ‘Ma’ memes—and she can’t get enough Monday 2:09 PM
- Meet the anti-Greta Thunberg, a climate ‘skeptic’ funded by the oil industry Monday 1:12 PM
- Harvey Weinstein convicted of rape and sexual assault Monday 12:56 PM
- Senator calls Facebook’s current election disinformation efforts ‘inadequate’ in letter Monday 12:11 PM
|HOW TO WATCH HGTV WITHOUT CABLE|
|HULU WITH LIVE TV||TRY NOW|
|SLING TV||TRY NOW|
|AT&T TV NOW||TRY NOW|
When all the high stakes drama is done, and all the reality television is devoured, sometimes you just need to stare at some plants and remodeled kitchens. HGTV has been the place to do that for years, and it’s time you renovated your home viewing experience alongside your musty bathroom or porch. If you’re looking to get rid of expensive cable plans and find something simpler, the world of online streaming has you covered. Here’s how to watch an HGTV live stream for free.
What is HGTV?
Launched in 1994, HGTV’s original programming style is almost indistinguishable from its modern incarnation. It’s still all about tearing apart fixer-upper houses or gardens and replacing them with something gorgeous. Popular HGTV shows include Fixer Upper, which launched Chip and Joanna Gaines to stardom, Flip or Flop, and the criminally handsome twins behind Property Brothers.
HGTV live stream: 6 ways to watch HGTV online for free
Though it’s not offered on YouTube TV, HGTV is available on most other major live TV streaming services, all of which offer at least a free seven-day trial.
- Cost: $20 per month
- Philo devices: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, iOS and Android devices
If you need to save a buck, you won’t find a reputable stream any cheaper than Philo’s. For $16, you’ll get your HGTV live stream, plus a surprising number of entertainment options including BBC, CMT, Comedy Central, three Hallmark channels, two Lifetimes, and more. If you can live without a dedicated sports or news channel, Philo is absolutely the way to go. (Here’s a complete guide to Philo channels.)
- Cost: $54.99 per month or $60.99 no Ads
- Hulu devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch, Samsung, TV, Echo Show, LG TV, Vizio Smartcast TV, and iOS and Android devices
- Hulu local channels: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, the CW (check your local availability here)
It’s exactly what it sounds like: Hulu’s on-demand library plus 58 channels, including your HGTV live stream. There’s no Comedy Central, MTV, or AMC, but you get the CW, four ESPNs, FX, two Lifetime channels, Oxygen, and plenty others. HBO, Cinemax, and Showtime will run you at least another $8.99. If you’ve got more than two people in your household that will be streaming simultaneously, you may have to pony up for unlimited screen usage. (Here’s the complete list of Hulu Live TV channels.)
3) Sling TV
WATCH: Is SlingTV worth it?
- Cost: $30-$45 per month (40% off first month)
- Sling TV devices: Amazon Fire TVs, Android Fire Stick, Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Xbox One, Google Chromecast, Oculus Go, Samsung, and iOS and Android devices
- Sling TV local channels: NBC, Fox (check your local availability here)
Sling TV is a weird beast. The service splits its offerings between two packages (Blue and Orange), but thankfully, an HGTV live stream is on both of them. Sling Orange is offers AMC, BBC, three ESPNs, Food Network, Lifetime, and more. Sling Blue offers all of those channels minus the ESPN offerings. If money isn’t an issue, you can combine both packages for $45 per month. Sling will also let you add premium channels a la carte but at one of the higher price points: $15 for HBO and $10 for Showtime or Cinemax. If you feel like beefing things up, there are a ton of other add-on package options. (Here’s a complete guide to Sling TV channels.)
- Cost:$54.99 for your first month and $79.99 per month thereafter
- FuboTV devices: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Android TV, iOS and Android devices
- FuboTV local channels: Fox, NBC, CBS (check local availability here)
If you’re looking for a wide variety of sports (domestic and international) to go along with your HGTV live stream, look no further. FuboTV caters heavily to sports lovers and offers a variety of entertainment options for HGTV fans, including BBC America, FX, Lifetime, Oxygen, and more. Sports fans will be able to devour everything from the NFL Network, Fox and CBS Sports, and NBC Golf. The Fubo Sports add-on ($8.99 a month) gets you NFL RedZone, Stadium, Fox College Sports, Fight Network, and others. (Here’s a complete guide to FuboTV channels.)
5) AT&T TV Now
- Cost: $50-$135 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- Devices:Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Samsung Smart TV, iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: NBC, CBS, Fox, ABC, the CW (enter your ZIP code here to check your availability)
There’s a good chance that you’re already looking to AT&T for your wireless needs. The second you sign up you’ll gain instant access to 45+ channels, including local channels and even free HBO on PLUS and MAX channel suites. Plus, it comes with CloudDVR which lets you record up to 20 hours of TV per month. One account works on two devices, but you can add more devices for only $5.
Other ways to watch HGTV online
Like a lot of other channels, HGTV will let you watch from a desktop or laptop computer, as well as the official HGTV app, so long as you can provide some verification. Go to watch.hgtv.com or the app (available on iOS, Android, Chromecast, Amazon Fire, Apple TV, Roku), click to sign in, and you’ll be prompted to enter your account information from an accepted streaming service. If you subscribe to DirecTV Now, Philo, PlayStation Vue, or Hulu, you’re good to go. The website and app are not compatible with Sling TV or Fubo subscriptions.
New to cord-cutting? Here are our picks for the best movie streaming sites of 2018 and free live TV apps and channels. If you’re looking for a specific channel, here’s how to watch HBO, Showtime, Starz, Sundance TV, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, Willow, AMC, FX, Fox News, Freeform, MSNBC, CNN, CNBC, FS1, TBS, TNT, Tennis Channel, Golf Channel, Syfy, HGTV, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, Bravo, Lifetime, Discovery, PBS, the CW, BBC, CSPAN, NBA TV, MTV, Comedy Central, Food Network, TLC, HLN, A&E, Animal Planet, National Geographic, the Weather Channel, the History Channel, and NFL RedZone without cable, as well as free movies on YouTube. If you’re on the move, here’s how to watch Fox Sports Go and live stream NBC Sports.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.