- Conservatives are fighting over whether porn is OK 1 Year Ago
- The best in tech gifts for women this year 1 Year Ago
- Why do the Golden Globes keep sidelining women filmmakers? 1 Year Ago
- Netflix dominates with 34 Golden Globe nominations across TV and film 1 Year Ago
- Ethan Klein has declared war on K-pop—and K-pop fans 1 Year Ago
- People are not happy with Steve Harvey’s cartel comment to Miss Colombia 1 Year Ago
- The decade conspiracy theories overtook the truth Today 9:14 AM
- Marianne Williamson duped into believing Trump pardoned Charles Manson Today 8:55 AM
- TikTok users are freaking out about ‘predicting’ Juice WRLD’s death Today 7:59 AM
- @MugJerry and the quest for Instagram justice Today 7:00 AM
- Angela Abar wrestles with destiny in ‘Watchmen’ episode 8 Sunday 9:05 PM
- Guy who runs Trump Organization Twitter account caught hyping up own tweet Sunday 4:51 PM
- People found out how tall Olaf is–and now ‘Frozen’ is terrifying Sunday 3:41 PM
- Rapper Juice WRLD dead at 21 Sunday 3:02 PM
- Embody Andrew Yang, fight other presidential candidates in video game Sunday 2:33 PM
|HOW TO WATCH DISCOVERY|
|SLING TV||TRY NOW|
MythBusters may be long gone, but there are plenty of other reasons why you may be looking for a Discovery live stream. Since 1985, Discovery has been the standard-bearer for nature and science-based programming on cable. It’s responsible for Deadliest Catch, which features the Atlantic’s toughest fishermen struggling to bring home their latest haul. There’s also famous outdoorsman Bear Grylls’ Man Vs. Wild and more recent shows like Alaska: The Last Frontier, which charts the survival of a family in the barren cold with little to no amenities.
Here’s everything you need to know to watch a Discovery live stream for free.
Discovery live stream: 4 ways to watch online for free
- Cost: $16 a month (after a 7-day free trial)
- Devices: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire Stick, iOS, Android
Philo TV is the cheapest way to watch a Discovery live stream on the internet—and it’s not even close. For $16 per month, you’ll get Animal Planet, AMC, both BBC America and BBC World News, Comedy Central, and Travel Channel, in addition to Discovery. If you’re a fan of the Discovery channel, you’ll want to spend an extra $4 to add 12 additional channels, which includes Discovery Life and Discovery Family. (Here’s a complete guide to Philo channels.)
Game-changing feature: Besides the unbeatable price? Well, there’s 30 days of unlimited DVR space and a free trial that only requires a phone number instead of a credit card.
2) Sling TV
- Cost: $25-$40 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- Sling TV devices: Amazon Fire TVs, Android Fire Stick, Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Xbox One, Google Chromecast, and iOS and Android devices
In November 2018, Sling managed to introduce not one, not two, but nine overall Discovery Network channels into its offerings. Sling TV itself is split up between two packages: Sling Orange and Sling Blue. You can find a Discovery Channel live stream, plus Investigation Discovery and TLC on Sling Blue. On Sling Orange, you’ll find Investigation Discovery and MotorTrend (formerly known as Velocity). In the Heartland Extra add-on package, you’ll find the Discovery-owned American Heroes Channel and Destination America, and you’ll find the Science Channel on the News Extra add-on package. If you or someone in your family would prefer to listen to a Spanish-speaking version of Discovery, Sling TV offers Discovery en Español and Discovery Familia through either the Best of Spanish TV package (sold standalone for $10 per month or $5 per month as an add-on to either Sling Blue or Sling Orange. Of course, Sling TV offers Sling Orange + Blue for $40 per month. (Here’s a complete guide to Sling TV channels.)
4) DirecTV Now
- Cost: $40-$75 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- Devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, and Amazon Fire Stick.
DirecTV Now is one of the best bargains out there. For less than PlayStation Vue’s entry level package, you’ll get a whopping 65 channels. Not only will you get a Discovery live stream, you’ll get Discovery Family and Discovery Life. That’s twice as much as what you’ll pay for Philo, but you’ll get a lot more channels. For nature lovers, there’s also Animal Planet, two versions of National Geographic, Travel Channel, and tons more. There’s also the added bonus of being able to add premium channels like HBO for as little as $5. (Here’s a complete guide to DirecTV Now channels.)
Game-changing feature: AT&T Unlimited customers can save $25 a month off every DirecTV Now package.
5) Pluto TV
- Cost: Free
- Devices: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, and Google Chromecast, PlayStation 4
In late November 2018, Pluto TV, the free live TV streaming service, added a Discovery channel. While it streams live, the programming is actually pulled from Discovery, Animal Planet, ID, Discovery Live, Science Channel, and TLC. It’s basically a greatest hits, with series like Discovery Channel’s Misfit Garage, Animal Planet’s River Monsters and ID’s Dates from Hell all available at your fingertips.
Other ways to watch Discovery Channel online
If you prefer watching your live television on a laptop or desktop, you have two options. If you’re a PlayStation Vue or Philo subscriber, you can go to Discovery.com, click the “Live Now – Fast N’ Loud” button in the top left, which will bring up the Discovery to be brought to the live stream page. From there, just punch in your login info for one of the two aforementioned services. Unfortunately, it looks like DirecTV Now isn’t applicable.
2) Discovery Go
Devices: Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Apple TV, Xbox One, Roku, Samsung smart TVs, Android and iOS devices
If you’re always on the move, you’ll want the Discovery Go app, which works with most major streaming devices. Not only will you be able to watch live programming, you can watch full episodes on-demand of shows like Deadliest Catch.
New to cord-cutting? Here are our picks for the best movie streaming sites of 2018 and free live TV apps and channels. If you’re looking for a specific channel, here’s how to watch HBO, Showtime, Starz, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, AMC, FX, Fox News, MSNBC, CNN, CNBC, FS1, TBS, TNT, Golf Channel, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, Lifetime, PBS, the CW, BBC, CSPAN, NBA TV, MTV, the Weather Channel, and NFL RedZone without cable, as well as free movies on YouTube. If you’re on the move, here’s how to watch Fox Sports Go and live stream NBC Sports.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.