- What is the TikTok ‘flex challenge’? Wednesday 8:03 PM
- GoFundMe to send ‘Target Tori’ on vacation raises more than $30K Wednesday 6:54 PM
- Furries stop domestic assault in viral video Wednesday 6:10 PM
- Gritty under police investigation for allegedly punching a teen fan Wednesday 6:04 PM
- Twitter users throw animal parties with emoji in new meme Wednesday 5:21 PM
- Woman who went viral supporting Soleimani killing exposed as Libyan militia lobbyist Wednesday 5:01 PM
- Jeff Bezos subtweets Saudi prince following phone hack report Wednesday 3:29 PM
- ‘Yeah, good. OK’ Bernie Sanders meme is a new way to dismiss people Wednesday 3:10 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: Petty displays of affection Wednesday 2:12 PM
- Makeup artist transforms into Timothée Chalamet on TikTok Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Iguanas are falling from trees—and people are selling them online for food Wednesday 1:02 PM
- 75,000 sign petition to fire Wendy Williams after ‘cleft lip’ comment about Joaquin Phoenix Wednesday 12:30 PM
- Kim Kardashian says Kylie Jenner’s setting spray is ‘cheap sh*t’ Wednesday 11:59 AM
- Trump continues to demand Apple unlock iPhones for the government Wednesday 11:46 AM
- Police officer suspended after video of a handcuffed Delonte West surfaces Wednesday 11:33 AM
|HOW TO WATCH DISCOVERY|
|SLING TV||TRY NOW|
MythBusters may be long gone, but there are plenty of other reasons why you may be looking for a Discovery live stream. Since 1985, Discovery has been the standard-bearer for nature and science-based programming on cable. It’s responsible for Deadliest Catch, which features the Atlantic’s toughest fishermen struggling to bring home their latest haul. There’s also famous outdoorsman Bear Grylls’ Man Vs. Wild and more recent shows like Alaska: The Last Frontier, which charts the survival of a family in the barren cold with little to no amenities.
Here’s everything you need to know to watch a Discovery live stream for free.
Discovery live stream: 4 ways to watch online for free
- Cost: $20 a month (after a 7-day free trial)
- Devices: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire Stick, iOS, Android
Philo TV is the cheapest way to watch a Discovery live stream on the internet—and it’s not even close. For $16 per month, you’ll get Animal Planet, AMC, both BBC America and BBC World News, Comedy Central, and Travel Channel, in addition to Discovery. If you’re a fan of the Discovery channel, you’ll want to spend an extra $4 to add 12 additional channels, which includes Discovery Life and Discovery Family. (Here’s a complete guide to Philo channels.)
Game-changing feature: Besides the unbeatable price? Well, there’s 30 days of unlimited DVR space and a free trial that only requires a phone number instead of a credit card.
2) Sling TV
- Cost: $30-$45 per month ($10 off first month)
- Sling TV devices: Amazon Fire TVs, Android Fire Stick, Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Xbox One, Google Chromecast, Samsung, LG, and iOS and Android devices
In November 2018, Sling managed to introduce not one, not two, but nine overall Discovery Network channels into its offerings. Sling TV itself is split up between two packages: Sling Orange and Sling Blue. You can find a Discovery Channel live stream, plus Investigation Discovery and TLC on Sling Blue. On Sling Orange, you’ll find Investigation Discovery and MotorTrend (formerly known as Velocity). In the Heartland Extra add-on package, you’ll find the Discovery-owned American Heroes Channel and Destination America, and you’ll find the Science Channel on the News Extra add-on package. If you or someone in your family would prefer to listen to a Spanish-speaking version of Discovery, Sling TV offers Discovery en Español and Discovery Familia through either the Best of Spanish TV package (sold standalone for $10 per month or $5 per month as an add-on to either Sling Blue or Sling Orange. Of course, Sling TV offers Sling Orange + Blue for $45 per month. (Here’s a complete guide to Sling TV channels.)
3) AT&T TV Now
- Cost: $65-$80 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- Devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Samsung TV, Chrome, Safari, iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: NBC, CBS, Fox, ABC, the CW (enter your ZIP code here to check your availability)
There’s a good chance that you’re already looking to AT&T for your wireless needs. The second you sign up you’ll gain instant access to 45+ channels, including local channels and even free HBO on PLUS and MAX channel suites. Plus, it comes with CloudDVR which lets you record up to 20 hours of TV per month. One account works on two devices, but you can add more devices for only $5.
5) Pluto TV
In late November 2018, Pluto TV, the free live TV streaming service, added a Discovery channel. While it streams live, the programming is actually pulled from Discovery, Animal Planet, ID, Discovery Live, Science Channel, and TLC. It’s basically a greatest hits, with series like Discovery Channel’s Misfit Garage, Animal Planet’s River Monsters and ID’s Dates from Hell all available at your fingertips.
Other ways to watch Discovery Channel online
If you prefer watching your live television on a laptop or desktop, you have two options. If you’re a Philo subscriber, you can go to Discovery.com, click the “Live Now – Fast N’ Loud” button in the top left, which will bring up the Discovery to be brought to the live stream page. From there, just punch in your login info for one of the two aforementioned services. Unfortunately, it looks like DirecTV Now isn’t applicable.
2) Discovery Go
Devices: Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Apple TV, Xbox One, Roku, Samsung smart TVs, Android and iOS devices
If you’re always on the move, you’ll want the Discovery Go app, which works with most major streaming devices. Not only will you be able to watch live programming, you can watch full episodes on-demand of shows like Deadliest Catch.
New to cord-cutting? Here are our picks for the best movie streaming sites of 2018 and free live TV apps and channels. If you’re looking for a specific channel, here’s how to watch HBO, Showtime, Starz, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, AMC, FX, Fox News, MSNBC, CNN, CNBC, FS1, TBS, TNT, Golf Channel, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, Lifetime, PBS, the CW, BBC, CSPAN, NBA TV, MTV, the Weather Channel, and NFL RedZone without cable, as well as free movies on YouTube. If you’re on the move, here’s how to watch Fox Sports Go and live stream NBC Sports.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.