- Reddit AITA: Man verbally abused partner through cat impersonations Monday 7:18 PM
- Facebook finally lets you kill distracting navigation bar notifications Monday 6:14 PM
- Artist says Thinx underwear campaign ripped off their memes (updated) Monday 5:48 PM
- Google reportedly gathering millions of Americans’ personal health records Monday 5:00 PM
- Trina goes off on Walmart shopper who allegedly called her the ‘N-word’ Monday 4:14 PM
- Bored of Helvetica? iOS users finally have some new font options Monday 4:00 PM
- Amid panic, YouTube says new terms of service won’t impact creators Monday 3:56 PM
- Opposing sides fight to control online narrative over Bolivian ‘coup’ Monday 3:50 PM
- How to sign up for the Disney+ bundle Monday 3:35 PM
- Instagram covers video costs for celebs who don’t get political Monday 3:30 PM
- T.I.’s daughter apparently unfollowed her dad on Instagram after hymen comment Monday 3:26 PM
- Meet ByteDance, the Chinese tech company behind TikTok Monday 3:09 PM
- Everything you need to know about investing app Robinhood Monday 2:44 PM
- How to stream 49ers vs. Seahawks on Monday Night Football Monday 1:43 PM
- Cops cuff Black man for eating sandwich on subway platform Monday 1:29 PM
The longest-running Discovery Channel series will be coming to an end after its 14th season, and apparently, both Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman have been meticulously planning for the grandest of finales, the two told Entertainment Weekly in an interview on Wednesday.
Of course no one knows what kind of spectacular blowout Savage and Hyneman have up their sleeves, but there’s no reason to expect it will be any less dazzling than the explosions of years past.
From the show’s 12-year lifespan, here’s a compilation of some of the Mythbusters‘ most unforgettable moments, with a few fails thrown in there for kicks.
1) It only seems logical to start with the classic Coke and Mentos.
2) When the Mythbusters turned a water heater into a pressurized rocket, the release was so satisfying.
3) #tbt to when Savage and Hyneman brought in Vince Gilligan for their Breaking Bad special.
4) Guns and pizza… Is there anything else to say?
5) Trying not to laugh when Savage attempts to sneeze with his eyes open.
6) Tory Belleci’s pain might make you cringe a little. Or make you burst out laughing like Kari Byron.
7) And of course, what’s Mythbusters without signature explosions?
The Atlantic once had a chance to ask Hyneman about a fan favorite—the cement truck explosion. Put simply, “The cement truck was there, and then it wasn’t there. It was just gone, and that was cool.”
8) Speaking of explosions, here’s a minute-long video packed with about 40 of the Mythbusters’ best blasts to top it all off.
Screengrab via Discovery/YouTube
Sherry Tucci is a fandom reporter who specializes in Korean pop culture and anime. In addition to her work at the Daily Dot, her reporting has appeared in the Daily Texan.