- Second Amendment protesters defend gun rights with truly terrible signs 4 Years Ago
- David Lynch surprises fans by dropping Netflix short out of the blue Today 12:29 PM
- Poop-focused parody of Kent State Gun Girl sparks conservative ire Today 11:58 AM
- 6-year-old raises $250K for Australian bushfires by making clay koalas Today 11:31 AM
- What you need to know about Clearview AI and its facial recognition app Today 10:36 AM
- Apple TV+ gets its first SAG Award while Netflix and Amazon nab 2 each Today 10:07 AM
- Facebook apologizes for translating Chinese president’s name to ‘Mr. Sh*thole’ Today 9:45 AM
- New York Times endorses Klobarren for president Today 8:45 AM
- 6 gift cards that make for the most thoughtful Valentine’s Day gift ideas Today 8:16 AM
- Studio Ghibli films are coming to Netflix—but not for Americans Today 8:13 AM
- Brad Pitt clutching Jennifer Aniston’s hand sparks all the rumors Today 7:47 AM
- The man who sold shares of himself on the internet Today 7:00 AM
- The rise of the conservative ‘mancast’ in a world of changing masculinity Today 6:00 AM
- Amazon’s ‘Troop Zero’ gives the underdog movie a stylized re-do Today 4:20 AM
- No, the first words of Trump’s tweets don’t match up to lyrics of ‘Break My Stride’ Sunday 10:28 PM
The longest-running Discovery Channel series will be coming to an end after its 14th season, and apparently, both Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman have been meticulously planning for the grandest of finales, the two told Entertainment Weekly in an interview on Wednesday.
Of course no one knows what kind of spectacular blowout Savage and Hyneman have up their sleeves, but there’s no reason to expect it will be any less dazzling than the explosions of years past.
From the show’s 12-year lifespan, here’s a compilation of some of the Mythbusters‘ most unforgettable moments, with a few fails thrown in there for kicks.
1) It only seems logical to start with the classic Coke and Mentos.
2) When the Mythbusters turned a water heater into a pressurized rocket, the release was so satisfying.
3) #tbt to when Savage and Hyneman brought in Vince Gilligan for their Breaking Bad special.
4) Guns and pizza… Is there anything else to say?
5) Trying not to laugh when Savage attempts to sneeze with his eyes open.
6) Tory Belleci’s pain might make you cringe a little. Or make you burst out laughing like Kari Byron.
7) And of course, what’s Mythbusters without signature explosions?
The Atlantic once had a chance to ask Hyneman about a fan favorite—the cement truck explosion. Put simply, “The cement truck was there, and then it wasn’t there. It was just gone, and that was cool.”
8) Speaking of explosions, here’s a minute-long video packed with about 40 of the Mythbusters’ best blasts to top it all off.
Screengrab via Discovery/YouTube
Sherry Tucci is a fandom reporter who specializes in Korean pop culture and anime. In addition to her work at the Daily Dot, her reporting has appeared in the Daily Texan.