- This woman told two students to ‘speak English’ and people are not having it Friday 9:53 PM
- Iconic 1968 drag documentary ‘The Queen’ finally released on Netflix Friday 9:29 PM
- This TikTok account for Chancellor Palpatine is hilarious Friday 8:43 PM
- Did the Space Force logo rip off Star Trek? Friday 6:24 PM
- Disabled people with service dogs say Uber, Lyft drivers are denying them rides Friday 3:25 PM
- TikTok teen famous for greasy hair ends her 8-year reign Friday 2:48 PM
- Police handcuff brown man at subway station for carrying a toy gun Friday 1:20 PM
- Fake clip of Sanders quoting infamous ‘hot chip’ tweet is duping people online Friday 1:16 PM
- The Mars Volta’s Cedric Bixler-Zavala alleges Scientologists behind dog’s death Friday 12:46 PM
- Eminem responds to critics: ‘This album was not made for the squeamish’ Friday 12:42 PM
- ‘The poet, the poem’ meme takes iconic lines and turns them into art Friday 12:40 PM
- People are making dark memes about the coronavirus Friday 12:27 PM
- Trump camp’s ‘head on a pike’ impeachment threat hit with memes Friday 11:34 AM
- What is the #FreeBritney movement, and why is Cher tweeting about it? Friday 10:52 AM
- This YouTuber claims the Saudi government plotted to kidnap him on U.S. soil Friday 10:30 AM
|WHERE TO STREAM A&E|
|HULU WITH LIVE TV||TRY NOW|
|SLING TV||TRY NOW|
|AT&T TV NOW||TRY NOW|
There are a lot of places to get your reality TV these days, but A&E still reigns as one of the great kings of the realm. While the lives of A&E’s reality stars may be full of conflict by necessity, there’s no reason yours has to. Get rid of the cable box and get yourself into a streaming service. If you absolutely need to keep your A&E shows available, we’ll show you your options. Here’s everything you need to know about how to watch an A&E live stream for free.
What is A&E?
Launched in 1984, A&E initially made a name for itself as, for all intents and purposes, a secondary PBS. You’d see reruns of Columbo, Law & Order, and Agatha Christie’s Poirot, as well as the original series Biography. Around 2002, A&E overhauled its programming to feature more reality shows, and it’s stuck with that ever since. Some of its most famous shows include Duck Dynasty, Storage Wars, and Hoarders. It’s current lineup features an even bigger cornucopia of reality TV, such as Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath, Live PD, and Scared Straight, where troubled youths are sent to prison for a day.
A&E live stream: 5 ways to watch A&E online for free
Not every live TV streaming service offers an A&E live stream—the channel is notably missing from YouTube TV —but you still have plenty of options, all of which come with at least a free seven-day trial.
- Cost: $20 per month (after 7-day free trial)
- Philo devices: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, iOS and Android devices
If you need to save a buck, you won’t find anything better than Philo, and you’ll definitely get your A&E live stream. You’ll also get AMC, Comedy Central, MTV, IFC, and VH1, which is almost a holy grail of reality TV lineups. However, if you’re looking for news or sports, look elsewhere, because the options are limited. But for the price, Philo can’t be beaten. (Here’s a complete guide to Philo channels.)
2) Sling TV
- Cost: $30-$45 per month ($10 off first month)
- Sling TV devices: Amazon Fire TVs, Android Fire Stick, Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Xbox One, Google Chromecast, Oculus Go, LG TV, Samsung, Portal, and iOS and Android devices
- Sling TV local channels: NBC, Fox (check your local availability here)
Sling TV is an odd duck. It’s split into two packages (which you can combine for the higher $45), but an A&E live stream is available on both. Sling Orange is pretty basic and smaller than Sling Blue, but it’s the only one that has three ESPN channels and Disney Channel. Sling Blue is definitely more sports-friendly with FS1, NBC Sports, NFL Network. If budget isn’t an issue, go ahead and combine it all, and maybe grab one of the varied add-on packages or premium services like HBO or NBA League Pass. Some Local channels are available, too, but you’ll want to check what’s offered in your city. (Here’s a complete guide to Sling TV channels.)
- Cost: $54.99 per month ($60.99 No Ads)
- Hulu devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch, and iOS and Android devices
- Hulu local channels: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, the CW (check your local availability here)
It’s exactly what it sounds like: Hulu’s on-demand library plus a live stream of more than 55 channels. There’s no Comedy Central or MTV, but you’ll get your A&E live stream and plenty more. You’ll also get the CW, Cartoon Network, HGTV, and FX. In the way of sports, you’ll get seven ESPN channels, Fox Sports, NBC Sports, and more. If you run out of things to watch live, there are plenty of movies, documentaries, anime, and comedies on-demand. (Here’s the complete list of Hulu Live TV channels.)
- Cost: $54.99-$79.99 per month (after free week)
- FuboTV devices: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Android TV, iOS and Android devices
- FuboTV local channels: Fox, NBC, CBS (check local availability here)
FuboTV is one of the better options if you need plenty of sports with your A&E live stream, or if you need plenty of Spanish-speaking channels to supplement your viewing. In the way of entertainment, you’ll get a solid smattering of options like AMC, BBC America, Syfy, and lots more. For sports, you’ll see a blend of American and international, like the NFL Network, Fox Sports, Big Ten Network, and more. There’s also “Sports Plus” for $10.99 a month, which adds some really essential channels like NFL RedZone, Stadium, Fox College Sports, and Fight Network. (Here’s a complete guide to FuboTV channels.)
5) AT&T TV Now
- Cost: $60-$135 per month
- Hulu devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Samsung TV, iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: NBC, CBS, Fox, ABC, the CW (enter your ZIP code here to check your availability)
There’s a good chance that you’re already looking to AT&T for your wireless needs. The second you sign up you’ll gain instant access to 45+ channels, including local channels and even free HBO on PLUS and MAX channel suites. Plus, it comes with CloudDVR which lets you record up to 20 hours of TV per month. One account works on two devices, but you can add more devices for only $5.
Other ways to watch A&E online
A&E app & website
Like a lot of other channels, you can watch A&E shows on the channel’s official site and app, which is available on iOS, Android, Apple TV, Roku, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, and Chromecast. Simply select what show and episode you want to watch, and you’ll be prompted to enter a cable or streaming service login. If you’re using DirecTV Now, FuboTV, Philo, or Hulu, you’re good to go. No such luck for Sling TV users, though, which seems to be a trend for at least a few other channels.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.