- Here’s every show that was announced at the Apple TV+ kickoff 1 Month Ago
- ‘Shazam!’ embraces the spectacle and heart of the superhero genre 1 Month Ago
- How to mute Twitter’s suggested tweets on your timeline Today 3:02 PM
- What you need to know about Apple’s new streaming service Today 2:32 PM
- Text-message fanfiction is taking over Instagram Today 1:54 PM
- Your Asus computer might have a secret backdoor Today 1:06 PM
- Trump is already fundraising off the Mueller report—even though no one’s seen it Today 1:01 PM
- Michael Avenatti charged with trying to extort $20 million from Nike Today 12:51 PM
- Logan Paul says being a YouTuber is ‘wack’ Today 12:14 PM
- James Comey posts from a forest in wake of Mueller report Today 10:35 AM
- These are the only online dating sites worth your time Today 10:29 AM
- Jameela Jamil sparks conversation about women having to make the ‘boyfriend excuse’ Today 10:23 AM
- Trump-Russia conspiracy theorists think they’ve found secrets in the Mueller report Today 9:32 AM
- Report: YouTube is done competing with Netflix, Amazon Today 9:27 AM
- Netflix drama ‘Coisa Mais Linda’ explores Bossa Nova clubs and women’s rights in Brazil Today 8:08 AM
Old rivals finally meet in the ring.
The past two years haven’t been easy for James DeGale. He lost his 168-pound super middleweight title in a massive upset and dealt with multiple injuries, leading many to wonder whether he’s begun to regress. When he faces Chris Eubank Jr. in an international fight on Showtime, DeGale will get the opportunity to prove he’s still got it.
Eubank, though, is a talented fighter who could make life difficult for DeGale. Eubank is actually a slight betting favorite against his British countryman, and he said he’s a little worried about DeGale’s post-fight health.
“He’s had some hard fights, that’s for sure,” Eubank said. “It is one of those things—a fight like this especially against me—could be career ending.”
Here’s everything you need to know to watch a Degale vs. Eubank live stream for free.
James DeGale vs. Chris Eubank Jr.
- When: Saturday, Feb. 23, at 3:45pm ET
- Where: The O2 in London, England
- Streaming: Showtime (free with various streaming service trials)
DeGale vs. Eubank live stream: How to watch Showtime boxing for free
All major live TV streaming services—that includes PlayStation Vue, YouTube TV, and DirecTV Now—offer Showtime as a premium channel. It doesn’t matter which service you add. You’ll start with at least a one-week trial. Which means you can watch the DeGale vs. Eubank live stream for free if you’ve never paid for Showtime. We’ve highlighted some of the best live streaming options below.
Earlier this month, Showtime announced it had pick up the DeGale vs. Eubank fight for U.S. TV distribution. Showtime also is broadcasting the co-feature involving British heavyweight prospect Joe Joyce facing his toughest test in Bermane Stiverne, a brief world titlist.
- Cost: $10.99 per month (after a 7-day free trial) for Showtime | $119.99 per year for Prime
- Devices: Amazon Fire Stick, Fire TV, Fire tablets, and Fire phone; Roku, Google TV, TiVo, Nvidia Shield, PlayStation 3 and 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Wii
If you’re looking for a one-stop show for all your streaming needs, Amazon Prime Video is the place to do it, allowing you to add Showtime from one centralized media center. It doesn’t get much easier to watch Showtime online than this.
2) Showtime app
- Cost: $10.99 per month (after a 30-day free trial)
- Devices: Amazon Fire TVs, Amazon Fire Stick, Roku, Xbox One, Google Chromecast, and iOS and Android devices
You’ll get a free 30-day trial on the Showtime app if you download it directly through Showtime. After the free trial is complete, it costs $10.99 per month, but you can cancel any time. If you want to stream the fight directly through Showtime, this is the way to do it.
- The best documentaries on Showtime
- The best Showtime original series of all time
- The best new movies on Showtime: 2018 new releases to watch
3) Hulu and Hulu with Live TV
- Cost: $10.99 per month for Showtime (after 7-day free trial) | $7.99-$11.99 for Hulu and $44.95 per month for Hulu with Live TV (after a 7-day free trial)
- Hulu devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch, and iOS and Android devices
With Hulu, you can watch TV and movies on-demand, or you can stream live TV. This is also the best way for people to watch the shows they missed when they were first broadcast on network TV. Here’s the complete list of Hulu Live TV channels.
4) Sling TV
- Cost: $10 per month for Showtime (after a 7-day free trial)| $25-$40 per month for Sling TV (after a 7-day free trial)
- Sling TV devices: Amazon Fire TVs, Amazon Fire Stick, Apple TV, Android TV, Roku,Xbox One, Google Chromecast, and iOS and Android devices
One of the best parts about Sling TV is that the service lets you choose a la carte channel packages, meaning you have the choice for how much you want to pay (between $25 and $40) for the channels you get. To get Showtime, though, you’ll need to pay a $10 add-on fee after a seven-day free trial. Here’s a complete guide to Sling TV channels and our Sling TV review.
- Cost: $10.99 per month for Showtime | $39.99 for your first month and $44.99 per month thereafter for FuboTV (after a 7-day free trial)
- Devices: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Android TV, iOS and Android devices
FuboTV might be the best option for you if you’re an international sports fan, and it continues to improve itself throughout time, especially if you love global soccer. It’s got some of the best local TV coverage of any online streaming service. Now that you can watch Showtime on the service, it’s also become a good place to watch movies as well. Here’s the complete FuboTV channels list.
DeGale vs. Eubank: Why it matters
James DeGale (25-2-1, 15 knockouts) was among the top 168-pounders a few years ago. He beat solid competitors Andre Dirrell and Lucian Bute, and he engaged in an impressive fight with Badou Jack in 2017 that ended in a draw (though I personally scored it a close victory for Jack).
But people began questioning him when Caleb Truax, a 16/1 underdog, beat him and took his title in 2017. Sure, DeGale won the rematch five months later, but he didn’t look great doing it. DeGale in his prime probably should have walloped Truax, a solid but not spectacular fighter. Instead, Truax’s level of talent seemed on par with DeGale, who turned 33 earlier this month. That led people to wonder whether DeGale truly was regressing.
“I understand why people think I am on the decline, based on my last few performances, people are saying my speed, reflexes, and movement have gone,” DeGale told the Independent. “I don’t want to talk about my injuries but I had Achilles’ tendonitis for two years and didn’t even know it. My shoulder was mashed up. Everyone is calling me out now but I want the boxing reporters and writers to judge me on this next fight. [Eubank] is a step down, of course. But I am getting paid extremely well and it is a fight that everybody wants to see.”
Eubank would take exception to being called a “step down,” and he’d be right. His father, Chris Eubank Sr., with a 45-5-2 record, was a long time super middleweight titlist in the 1990s and a popular fighter during his heyday. Chris Eubank Jr. (27-2-1, 21 KOs) is still trying to emerge from his dad’s shadows. He has quality victories against Spike O’Sullivan and Arthur Abraham, but in his two biggest fights, versus George Groves and Billy Joe Saunders, he lost.
A win versus DeGale would be a boon to the career of Eubank, who is a slight -140 favorite (meaning you’d have to wager $140 to win $100 on a Eubank victory).
“Technically he is not the best but he has heart and big bollocks,” DeGale said. “But he’s deluded because he thinks he beat [George] Groves, Billy Joe Saunders and me in sparring. I have sparred him, I know what he is like and I have watched him lose. He is all talk. He is too arrogant and ignorant to change or listen to anyone but himself.
DeGale vs. Eubank live stream schedule
- James DeGale vs. Chris Eubank Jr.
- Joe Joyce vs. Bermane Stiverne
New to cord-cutting? Here are our picks for the best movie streaming sites of 2019 and free live TV apps and channels. If you’re looking for a specific channel, here’s how to watch HBO, Showtime, Starz, Sundance TV, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, Willow, AMC, FX, Fox News, Freeform, MSNBC, CNN, CNBC, FS1, TBS, TNT, Tennis Channel, Golf Channel, Syfy, HGTV, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, Bravo, Lifetime, Discovery, PBS, the CW, BBC, CSPAN, NBA TV, MTV, Comedy Central, Food Network, TLC, HLN, A&E, Animal Planet, National Geographic, the Weather Channel, the History Channel, and NFL RedZone without cable, as well as free movies on YouTube. If you’re on the move, here’s how to watch Fox Sports Go and live stream NBC Sports.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.