- These high school theater kids put on a totally awesome ‘Alien’ play Saturday 3:59 PM
- Behold these photos of Elon Musk, but with Elizabeth Holmes’ eyes Saturday 3:11 PM
- Barbra Streisand gets canceled over remarks about Michael Jackson’s alleged victims Saturday 2:09 PM
- Report: Florida man raped Texas teen after posing as Instagram celeb Saturday 12:14 PM
- Lori Loughlin’s daughters, Olivia and Isabella, could be banned from USC forever Saturday 11:46 AM
- ‘Starfish’ is a heartbreaking tale of BFFs, grief, and apocalyptic alien invasions Saturday 10:35 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 148 for free Saturday 10:00 AM
- The kids are making scantron memes instead of studying Saturday 9:29 AM
- Every installment of Hulu’s ‘Into the Dark,’ ranked Saturday 6:00 AM
- The internet is mocking Robert Mueller’s report deadline Friday 7:53 PM
- Instagram blocks some anti-vax hashtags—but still has far to go Friday 6:20 PM
- Study: Netflix released more originals than licensed titles last year Friday 2:26 PM
- Laura Ingraham, Dinesh D’Souza slam journalist for having a job Friday 1:40 PM
- Netflix is testing a cheap-as-hell mobile-only plan Friday 1:08 PM
- Astrology app Co-Star’s bizarre push notifications are now a meme Friday 12:18 PM
Don’t miss the dramatic island antics of season 38.
Survivor: Edge of Extinction is set to premiere on CBS Feb. 20, 2019, and rumors of imminent island disaster are already swirling. Whether you’ve recently joined the cord-cutting cult and ditched cable or you’re looking to catch up online before tuning in to season 38, streaming makes it easy. Here’s how to watch Survivor online free on CBS’ own streaming platform or using another live TV streaming service, including Hulu with Live TV, YouTube TV, PlayStation Vue, and more.
Survivor: Edge of Extinction
Premiere: 8pm ET on Feb. 20, 2019
Streaming: CBS and CBS All Access
New episodes: Wednesdays at 8pm ET
How to watch Survivor online for free
If longtime Survivor stans know anything, it’s that the gimmick makes or breaks the season. In 2018, it was Survivor: David vs. Goliath, featuring two Biblical tribes. Tribe David was made up of “underdogs” while tribe Goliath was composed of “overachievers.” Online, fans are already speculating about this year’s theme.
The trailer has led many to believe that this season will place players in isolation, which is causing some controversy. Still, since this season is set in Fiji for the seventh time, it’s good to know there will be a dramatic new element. This year, in its 38th season, the reality survival series will feature 14 new contestants as well as four fan-favorite return players—Joe Anglim(Worlds Apart, Second Chance), Aubry Bracco (Kaôh Rōng, Game Changers), Kelley Wentworth (Second Chance, San Juan del Sur), and David Wright (Millennials vs. Gen-X)—Edge of Extinction.
- Cost: $5.99 per month for streaming with ads, $9.99 per month for the ad-free version, add Showtime for $14.99 per month.
- Devices: Roku, Apple TV, Android and Android TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV, select smart TVs, Xbox, PS4, and the CBS app.
If you want to keep up with Survivor season 38 full episodes, take a look at CBS’s own streaming service, CBS All Access. It’s a somewhat limited service launched in 2014 in response to the success of other streaming platforms like Netflix and Hulu. You’ll also get access to live TV streaming and other CBS series like The Big Bang Theory, S.W.A.T., and CBS All Access exclusives like Star Trek: Discovery.
- Cost: $40 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- Hulu devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch, and iOS and Android devices
- Hulu local channels: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, the CW (check your local availability here)
With Hulu with Live TV, you’ll get live channel streaming plus access to Hulu’s full on-demand catalog of Hulu originals, documentaries, anime, and movies. A seven-day free trial is definitely not enough time to catch up with as much Survivor content as you want, especially if you want to go back and watch clips featuring the four returning contestants. We suggest signing up and subscribing so you can watch the current season as it’s released. (Here’s the complete guide to Hulu Live TV channels.)
- Hulu vs Netflix: Which streaming service is right for you?
- How to watch Showtime on Hulu
- Funny movies on Hulu when you need a good laugh
- 10 sad movies on Hulu guaranteed to make you cry
- Cost: $39.99 for your first month and $44.99 per month thereafter (after a 7-day free trial)
- FuboTV devices: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Android TV, iOS and Android devices
- FuboTV local channels: ABC, Fox, NBC, CBS (check local availability here)
Yes, FuboTV is a stellar streaming option for international soccer fans, and you can certainly watch world soccer games here. But subscribers can also stream the game of Survivor and CBS series and more channels, including Syfy, Lifetime, HGTV, AMC, and more. (Here’s the complete FuboTV channels list.)
- Cost: $44.99-$79.99 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- PlayStation Vue devices: PlayStation 3 and 4, Roku, Amazon Fire, Google Chromecast, Kodi, iOS and Android devices
Even if you don’t play games, PlayStation’s streaming service is a solid choice. And you don’t even have to own the console. PlayStation Vue’s entry-level Access package is $44.99 per month, which is comparable to other services like DirecTV Now. You can easily stream Survivor on CBS. Plus, you’ll also have access to HGTV, USA, TNT, TBS, and more. (Here’s the complete guide to PlayStation Vue channels.)
5) YouTube TV
- Cost: $40 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- YouTube TV devices: Google Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, Xbox One, iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: NBC, CBS, Fox, ABC, the CW (enter your ZIP code here to check your availability)
Looking to split a subscription or share with your family and friends? With YouTube TV, you can add up to six accounts for each subscription, and all of those come with unlimited cloud DVR to keep all your favorites ready to stream on a whim. (You can find the full list of YouTube TV channels here.)
6) DirecTV Now
- Cost: $40 to $75 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- DirecTV Now devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, and Amazon Fire Stick
If you opt for a DirecTV Now subscription, you’ll be getting the most for your money, even if you initially sign up just to stream Survivor: Edge of Extinction. DirecTV Now is one of the best streaming packages out there, featuring 72 channels for just $40 a month, plus extra if you decide to opt into additional channels like HBO for just $5 per month. (Here’s the complete guide to DirecTV Now channels.)
Watch Survivor full episodes
CBS All Access is your best bet for watching old, full episodes of Survivor, plus the latest season as they are released. For just $5.99 per month, you can stream every episode plus have access to other CBS series and live TV streaming. All-in-all it’s a solid deal if you’re a longtime fan of CBS originals.
New to cord-cutting? Here are our picks for the best movie streaming sites of 2018 and free live TV apps and channels. If you’re looking for a specific channel, here’s how to watch HBO, Showtime, Starz, Sundance TV, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, Willow, AMC, FX, Fox News, Freeform, MSNBC, CNN, CNBC, FS1, TBS, TNT, Tennis Channel, Golf Channel, Syfy, HGTV, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, Bravo, Lifetime, Discovery, PBS, the CW, BBC, CSPAN, NBA TV, MTV, Comedy Central, Food Network, TLC, HLN, A&E, Animal Planet, National Geographic, the Weather Channel, the History Channel, and NFL RedZone without cable, as well as free movies on YouTube. If you’re on the move, here’s how to watch Fox Sports Go and live stream NBC Sports.
Lauren L'Amie is the SEO editor of the Daily Dot. Her work focuses on women and the internet, tech, and health. Previously, she has contributed to Tom's Guide and Texas Monthly. Currently, she is based in Brooklyn and becoming a keyword ninja.