- No, the first words of Trump’s tweets don’t match up to lyrics of ‘Break My Stride’ Sunday 10:28 PM
- White woman demanding strangers ‘repent’ for Christ sparks conversation on mental illness and racism Sunday 9:27 PM
- Amtrak employee asked a NAACP lawyer to move from her train seat Sunday 7:54 PM
- Billie Eilish fans riot after being referred to as ‘Avocados’ Sunday 4:37 PM
- Beyhive coming for Sainsbury’s supermarket over Ivy Park shade Sunday 3:17 PM
- Antique store blasted for selling ‘white only’ signs Sunday 1:45 PM
- DaBaby explains altercation with hotel employee after video goes viral Sunday 12:32 PM
- Kanye faces backlash for headlining Christian event with anti-LGBTQ leaders Sunday 10:31 AM
- Why is Yennefer of Vengerberg so different in Netflix’s ‘The Witcher’? Sunday 10:00 AM
- Actress slammed for ‘acid attack-face’ TikTok challenge Sunday 9:46 AM
- ‘Weathering With You’ blends fantasy and realism in a magical love story Saturday 6:18 PM
- Kidnapped teen used Snapchat to get rescued Saturday 4:35 PM
- What fans do and don’t want to see in future ‘Far Cry’ installments Saturday 4:26 PM
- Aaron Carter accused of stealing lion art for merch Saturday 3:10 PM
- Instagram’s hidden like counts were inspired by a ‘Black Mirror’ episode Saturday 2:06 PM
Star Trek: Discovery season 2 begins on Jan. 17, returning after a dramatic change of showrunners behind the scenes. The crew of the U.S.S. Discovery is back for more adventures, with trailers suggesting a more lighthearted tone than the gritty first season. Here’s everything you need to know to watch Star Trek: Discovery season 2 for free.
Season 1 ended with Michael Burnham and her crewmates meeting up with the U.S.S. Enterprise, which means some exciting new additions to the cast. Anson Mount plays Captain Kirk’s predecessor Christopher Pike, while Ethan Peck will play Spock—10 years younger than the version we met in the Original Series. The Enterprise and Discovery crews will team up against a new antagonist known as the Red Angel, while Klingon political conflicts simmer on in the background.
With Michelle Yeoh returning as the Mirror Universe version of Burnham’s mentor Captain Georgiou, this season looks like an exciting mix of old and new.
How to watch Star Trek: Discovery season 2 for free
There’s only one way to watch Star Trek: Discovery season 2 in the U.S.: CBS All Access. The on-demand streaming service provides live access to your local CBS affiliate as well as exclusive series and on-demand programming. It also comes with a free seven-day trial to get started.
What is CBS All Access?
Launched in 2017, CBS All Access is a standalone subscription service from CBS and the exclusive home of Star Trek: Discovery. But its appeal goes way beyond Trekkies. CBS All Access lets you watch your local CBS affiliate, which makes it a great addition for sports fans who’ve cut the cord but still want to stream college basketball and NFL games. With CBS All Access, you can also watch all of your favorite CBS shows, past and present, with more than 10,000 episodes available to stream from popular hits like The Big Bang Theory and S.W.A.T. There are also other notable originals like The Good Fight, Tell Me a Story, One Dollar, Strange Angel, and No Activity. Perhaps even more exciting, CBS All Access will soon include the rebooted Twilight Zone.
CBS All Access cost
CBS All Access costs either $5.99 per month with commercials or $9.99 per month to stream commercial-free. Either way, you’ll start with a free one-week trial. (Of course, if you watch live TV via CBS All Access, you’ll have to sit through live commercials, even if you’re on the upgraded plan. Only on-demand content can be watched without ads.)
You can also subscribe to CBS All Access through Amazon Prime. There’s only one option, $5.99 per month (after a seven-day free trial), but it’s unclear if you’ll be subjected to commercials. (Here’s our guide to the best Amazon Prime channels.)
CBS All Access devices
CBS All Access works with every major streaming device: Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire tablet, PS4, Xbox, Samsung and Vizio smart TVs, Android and iOS devices.
How to watch Star Trek: Discovery season 2 in Canada
As with season 1 of Star Trek: Discovery, season 2 will stream exclusively on CraveTV, Canada’s leading on-demand service. If you’re looking to catch the show live, you can tune into either the sci-fi channel Space (in English) or Z (in French).
How to watch Star Trek: Discovery season 2 in the U.K.
Star Trek: Discovery season 2 will be available for international viewers on Netflix. There’s just one catch: You’ll have to wait 24 hours after each new episode airs.
New to cord-cutting? Here are our picks for the best movie streaming sites of 2018 and free live TV apps and channels. If you’re looking for a specific channel, here’s how to watch HBO, Showtime, Starz, Sundance TV, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, Willow, AMC, FX, Fox News, Freeform, MSNBC, CNN, CNBC, FS1, TBS, TNT, Tennis Channel, Golf Channel, Syfy, HGTV, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, Bravo, Lifetime, Discovery, PBS, the CW, BBC, CSPAN, NBA TV, MTV, Comedy Central, Food Network, TLC, HLN, A&E, Animal Planet, National Geographic, the Weather Channel, the History Channel, and NFL RedZone without cable, as well as free movies on YouTube. If you’re on the move, here’s how to watch Fox Sports Go and live stream NBC Sports.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor
Austin Powell is the former managing editor of the Daily Dot. His work focuses on the intersection of entertainment and technology. He previously served as a music columnist for the Austin Chronicle and is the co-author of The Austin Chronicle Music Anthology.