- ‘BoJack Horseman’ hints at a brutal reckoning in its final season 1 Year Ago
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Slavia Praha in the Champions League Today 2:00 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Ajax in the Champions League Today 1:00 AM
- People are using #WheresLindsey to criticize Graham over Trump ‘lynching’ defense Tuesday 8:22 PM
- 2 Proud Boys sentenced to 4 years in prison for attacking antifa protesters Tuesday 7:20 PM
- Paul Joseph Watson is very upset by bartender serving beer with her butt Tuesday 6:24 PM
- Twitter developing a policy to combat deepfakes Tuesday 5:28 PM
- The Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal bout at UFC 244 is perfect for NYC and its fight mecca Tuesday 5:27 PM
- Alexis Bledel named most dangerous online celebrity Tuesday 5:02 PM
- Kylie Jenner trademarks ‘rise and shine’ after meme success Tuesday 4:50 PM
- ‘Watchmen’ website expands what you know about its alt-history Tuesday 4:31 PM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em Week 8: Mark Walton szn Tuesday 4:26 PM
- Venmo’s first-ever credit card to launch in 2020 Tuesday 3:46 PM
- Wet Kylo Ren may turn everyone to the dark side Tuesday 3:15 PM
- Man allegedly targeted trans women on dating app, robbed them at knifepoint Tuesday 3:02 PM
Showtime is the sleeper hit of the premium streaming movie world. HBO might get all the hype, but Showtime has been quietly earning its place among the greats with incredible movie selection and Showtime original series. Now comes its next great step: Showtime on Hulu. For less than the cost of a movie ticket each month, Hulu subscribers can have it all. Here’s how to add Showtime to Hulu.
How to add Showtime to Hulu
How to watch Showtime on Hulu
Before you can watch Showtime on Hulu, you’re going to need a Hulu account. While Hulu is on the cutting edge of a la carte streaming packages, you’ll need at least the $7.99 Hulu with Limited Commercials subscription to get started.
Thankfully, adding Showtime to your Hulu package as a subscriber is incredibly easy, you just need to visit the Add-ons section of the site. Users can reach Add-ons by selecting their username in the upper left corner of the Hulu site. On the next menu select Add-ons under Your Subscription. Or you can just visit this link. We support your choice. Either way, know only the main account holder can make changes to the Hulu account.
At the top of the page, you’ll see a header marked Manage Your Subscription. Scroll down the options for Switching Plans and Feature Add-ons, until you arrive at Premium Add-Ons. This section is where Hulu keeps its premium movie channel options.
Locate the Showtime option and click the Add This button next to the listing, and click the Continue button at the bottom of the page. Hulu will take you to a confirmation page to explain your new monthly costs. Confirm your purchase and press continue. You’re not ready for Showtime on Hulu.
- Hulu vs Netflix: Which streaming service is right for you?
- Hulu with Live TV offers everything you miss about cable
- Can you watch Hulu offline?
Showtime on Hulu cost
Showtime on Hulu is an incredible deal at just $8.99 per month. That includes access to its current movie lineup, along with its award-winning original programming and documentaries. Coupled with Hulu’s $7.99 per month base service (or $11.99 if you want commercial-free Hulu), and Hulu with Showtime costs around $16.98 per month.
Can I use my Hulu account to use Showtime Anytime?
You can indeed. Your Hulu logins can be used to make a Showtime Anytime profile, allowing you to use the Showtime app on all supported devices. You can even watch on the Showtime app while someone else watches on Hulu.
Does Hulu with Live TV support Showtime?
If you miss the old days of seeing what’s on late-night movie cable, you’re in luck. While Showtime isn’t included as a standard channel with Hulu with Live TV, which costs $39.99 per month, if you add Showtime following the steps listed above, you’ll get access to
The only catch is Hulu with Live TV isn’t supported by all Hulu devices. However, a vast majority of devices are supported, including iOS, Android, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Roku, Apple TV, Nintendo Switch, and more. PlayStation users are sadly out of luck when it comes to this feature.
- The best movies on Showtime and Showtime Anytime
- The best documentaries on Showtime
- The best Showtime original series of all time
Are there any advantages to watching Showtime on Hulu?
If all you care about is movies, it doesn’t matter why you subscribe to Showtime as long as you subscribe. The advantage of using Showtime through Hulu, on the other hand, is a matter of consistency. As we introduce more apps into our lives, centralization of a few basics becomes a convenience. Rather than have to teach your family how to watch something on Hulu, Showtime Anytime, Amazon Prime, or whichever apps are the favorites, you can just point them to Hulu.
While Hulu’s interface takes a little bit of time to learn, it quickly becomes second nature.
- How to get Hulu for free with Sprint
- The best movies on Hulu
- What’s new on Hulu
- The best documentaries on Hulu
Is Showtime on Hulu worth it?
Based solely on Showtime’s content, the service is well worth your money. Shows like The Affair and Masters of Sex rival anything on HBO or Netflix and no one features better suspense or horror movies than Showtime. At $8.99/mo Showtime is a great deal on Hulu, on par with what you should expect to pay anywhere.
Centralizing your streaming to one app is a big selling point for many users, and the ability to use Showtime Anytime with your subscription adds flexibility. If you’re already planning on subscribing to Showtime, the added ability to stream that content on Hulu for the same price as a standard subscription is a hard deal to pass up.
Still not sure what to watch on Hulu? Here are the best movies on Hulu, what’s new, the best shows on Hulu, the sexiest movies you can stream on the service, Hulu documentaries, anime, and the must-see Hulu originals.
Here are the best thrillers and action movies to get your heart racing, classic movies when you want a blast from the past, sad movies when you need a good cry, and funny movies on Hulu when you need a good laugh.
Editor’s note: This article is regularly updated for relevance.
John-Michael Bond is a tech reporter and culture writer for Daily Dot. A longtime cord-cutter and early adopter, he's an expert on streaming services (Hulu with Live TV), devices (Roku, Amazon Fire), and anime. A former staff writer for TUAW, he's knowledgeable on all things Apple and Android. You can also also find him regularly performing standup comedy in Los Angeles.