How to stream SAG Awards
|SLING TV||TRY NOW|
|HULU LIVE TV||TRY NOW|
|FUBO TV||TRY NOW|
The 2019 Critics’ Choice Awards and Golden Globes hinted at some major potential Oscar wins. Now, the 2019 Screen Actors Guild Awards are here, and streaming services like Hulu, Sling TV, and YouTube are here to help you root for your favorites. The awards will be simulcast on both TBS and TNT, and you can check out the full list of nominees and follow along on Twitter with #SAGAWARDS. But if you’re looking for a way to watch the SAG Awards online for free, we’ve got you covered. Here’s everything you need to know to watch the SAG Awards live stream.
The 2020 Screen Actors Guild Awards
- When: 8pm ET/5pm PT on Sunday, Jan. 19, 2020
- Streaming: TNT and TBS
- Where: Los Angeles
SAG Awards live stream: How to watch the SAG Awards online for free
Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga’s A Star Is Born is currently leading in the film category with four nominations, including best cast in a motion picture. Other best cast nominees include Black Panther, BlacKkKlansman, Bohemian Rhapsody, and Crazy Rich Asians. Last year, Kristen Bell was the first-ever Screen Actors Guild Awards host. This year, Megan Mullally (of Will and Grace fame) will follow in Bell’s footsteps as the 25th annual SAG Awards host.
All of the following services offer both TBS and TNT, not to mention a one-week free trial, so it’ll be easy for you watch the 2019 Screen Actors Guild Awards. Just be sure to check the compatible devices for each service so you know you’ll have a way to stream the action.
1) Sling TV
- Cost: $25 to $40 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- Sling TV devices: Amazon Fire TVs, Android Fire Stick, Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Xbox One, Google Chromecast, Oculus Go, and iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: NBC, Fox (check your local availability here)
Separately, the Sling Blue or Sling Orange package come at $25 per month, and both come with a TBS and TNT stream. You can also opt for the Sling Orange + Blue packages for $40 per month and a larger selection of channels. Sling TV works on a ton of devices you probably already own, so it’s a great option even if you’re just testing out the free trial. And if you stick to the most basic package, Sling is the cheapest option on this list (after the free trial). (Here’s the complete guide to Sling TV channels.)
- Cost: $54.99 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- Hulu devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch, and iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, the CW (check your local availability here)
If you want to watch the SAG Awards plus the top-nominated movies and shows—like The Handmaid’s Tale and Killing Eve—Hulu with Live TV is your best bet. You get more than 50 channels of live TV, including TBS and TNT, and full access to Hulu‘s on-demand catalog. (Here’s the complete list of Hulu Live TV channels.)
- The best new movies on Hulu: 2018 new releases to watch
- Funny movies on Hulu when you need a good laugh
- 10 sad movies on Hulu guaranteed to make you cry
- The best documentaries on Hulu
- Cost: $39.99 for your first month and $44.99 per month thereafter (after a 7-day free trial)
- FuboTV devices: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Android TV, iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: ABC, Fox, NBC, CBS (check local availability here)
While FuboTV has earned a strong reputation for streaming live sports, especially international soccer, there’s a lot more to it than that. FuboTV offers Hallmark Channel, HGTV, Bravo, Food Network, and Lifetime, among many others. (Here’s the complete FuboTV channels list.)
4) YouTube TV
- Cost: $49.99 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- YouTube TV devices: Google Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, Xbox One, iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: NBC, CBS, Fox, ABC, the CW (enter your ZIP code here to check your availability)
YouTube TV is a really great way to step up your streaming options. If you want to stream the SAG Awards on TBS or TNT, you can. You should know that there’s no way to add HBO if you want to check out nominees like Sharp Objects or Barry, but there are plenty of other premium channels. (You can find the full list of YouTube TV channels here.)
5) DirecTV Now
- Cost: $40 to $75 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- DirecTV Now devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, and Amazon Fire Stick
- Local channels: ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, the CW (enter your ZIP code here to check local availability)
DirecTV Now is one of the best streaming services out there for the money, and it’s also one of the cheapest ways to get the premium channels. HBO for $5? Sold. The $40-per-month Live a Little package includes TNT and TBS for your SAG Awards live stream, plus AMC, Comedy Central, and more. (Here’s the complete guide to DirecTV Now channels.)
Other ways to watch the SAG Awards online
1) TNT website
If you subscribe to TNT or your cable service includes TNT, just head over to the TNT website, find your stream provider, and log in with your credentials. You’ll be able to access a SAG Awards live stream from here.
2) TNT and TBS YouTube channels
Both TNT and TBS will live stream the SAG Awards in real time on YouTube. You’ll have to put up with some ads and potentially lower quality, but this is a solid bet for watching along with the awards if you’ve exhausted other cable TV or streaming options.
New to cord-cutting? Here are our picks for the best movie streaming sites of 2018 and free live TV apps and channels. If you’re looking for a specific channel, here’s how to watch HBO, Showtime, Starz, Sundance TV, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, Willow, AMC, FX, Fox News, Freeform, MSNBC, CNN, CNBC, FS1, TBS, TNT, Tennis Channel, Golf Channel, Syfy, HGTV, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, Bravo, Lifetime, Discovery, PBS, the CW, BBC, CSPAN, NBA TV, MTV, Comedy Central, Food Network, TLC, HLN, A&E, Animal Planet, National Geographic, the Weather Channel, the History Channel, and NFL RedZone without cable, as well as free movies on YouTube. If you’re on the move, here’s how to watch Fox Sports Go and live stream NBC Sports.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.