- Fortnite streamer Tfue sues gaming organization FaZe Clan over contract dispute Today 12:28 AM
- Report finds some users can’t opt out of Facebook’s face recognition Monday 7:27 PM
- Get emotional over this real-life pastor baptizing an anime girl in virtual reality Monday 6:53 PM
- Twitter wants to know what Jack in the Box did to offend Kim Kardashian Monday 6:38 PM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ meme claims King’s Landing is an ‘inside job’ Monday 6:06 PM
- Report: Personal data of 49 million Instagram influencers exposed online Monday 4:57 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ season 3 trailer teases a wet, hot American summer Monday 4:02 PM
- What Daenerys’ biggest ‘Game of Thrones’ scenes have in common with Nazi propaganda Monday 3:12 PM
- Here’s what’s coming to Amazon Prime in June Monday 2:11 PM
- Where did Jon Snow go? Unpacking the ‘Game of Thrones’ ending Monday 2:04 PM
- So, did anyone actually win ‘Game of Thrones’? Monday 1:29 PM
- The surprising religious subtext of ‘John Wick: Chapter 3’ Monday 12:53 PM
- Robin Arryn got hot—and the internet is seriously shook Monday 12:40 PM
- Tana Mongeau is going to VidCon a year after TanaCon disaster Monday 12:12 PM
- What have 2020 Democrats said about Alabama’s abortion ban? Monday 11:36 AM
How many devices can you stream DirecTV Now with at once?
DirecTV isn’t just for expensive satellite services.
Cord-cutting might be an easy choice, but finding a streaming replacement that matches live TV can be a struggle. DirecTV Now is an incredible service that makes it easy to stream your favorite live TV stations. Here’s everything you need to know about what devices DirecTV Now supports and how many different people can stream on one account at the same time.
What is DirecTV Now?
If you remember the last 20 years of paid TV, any direct recommendations for Direct TV might come as a shock. The company’s satellite service might bring to mind long-term contracts and expensive equipment. But DirecTV Now is a totally different beast. DirecTV now essentially offers everything you’d want from a cable package with no strings attached. It’s fair to say it stands as one of the best streaming options available. Subscribers get a wide range of programming starting at $40 per month for 65-plus live channels, including cloud DVR.
If you’re looking to expand your viewing options DirecTV Now also has add-on packages including premium movie channels like HBO and Showtime for just $5 each per month. That’s the lowest price of any streaming TV service. They also have multiple international channel options for ESL subscribers looking for international channels. You can find a complete list of DirecTV Now’s channels here.
- DirecTV Now may be your best option for replacing cable
- DirecTV Now channels
- Hulu with Live TV offers everything you miss about cable
- FuboTV is the sports streaming service you’ve been waiting for
DirecTV Now devices
DirecTV Now doesn’t require a set-top box, but you’ll still need a streaming device to watch. While it doesn’t currently support any gaming systems the company has promised Xbox support is on the way. In the meantime, you can stream DirecTV Now on any of these devices.
- Roku Premiere
- Roku Premiere +
- Roku Ultra
- Roku 4
- Roku 3
- Roku 2 (Model 4210)
- Roku Express
- Roku Express +
- Roku® Streaming Stick®
(models 3600X, 3600RT, 3600RW, 3800X)
- Roku® Streaming Stick®+
(models 3810RW, 3810X)
- Roku 4K TV
- Insignia 4K Roku TV (model 7000X)
- TCL 4K Roku TV (model 7000X)
- Roku TV (model 5000X, 8000X)
- Apple TV (4th Generation)
- Apple TV 4K (5th Generation)
- Amazon Fire TV
(2nd gen or higher)
- Amazon Fire TV Stick
(2nd gen or higher)
- Amazon Fire TV Edition Smart TV
(2nd gen or higher)
- Amazon Fire TV Cube
- Chromecast Built-in TV
- Chromecast 1st gen
Samsung Smart TV
- Samsung Smart TV
(2017 and 2018 models)
- iPhone iOS 10+
- iPod Touch iOS 10+
- Android phone 5.0 and higher
- Android tablets 5.0 and higher
- Chrome 58+
- Safari 10+
How many devices can you use with DirecTV Now?
Of all the streaming TV services available, DirecTV Now is a leader in almost everywhere. Sadly, streaming on multiple devices is one area it falls behind. Users can only stream DirecTV Now on two devices at once, so you should guard your password closely. Or at least make sure you kid isn’t sharing it with friends at college.
CHECK OUT THE COMPETITION:
What’s the best device for DirecTV Now?
We tested DirecTV now on a Roku, Amazon Fire Stick, Chrome, and iOS. On each device, we tested DirecTV Now ran without any problems. Based on personal taste we recommend using a Roku, thanks to the company’s incredible product support, the price range of devices, and its wonderful smartphone app.
While any model works, the Roku Streaming Stick stands out. Users get a compact streaming stick that offers 1080p HD picture and a voice-controlled Bluetooth remote for just $49.99. It’s tiny so you can throw it in your bag when you’re traveling, or just enjoy that it doesn’t take up space in your entertainment center.
New to cord-cutting? Here are our picks for the best movie streaming sites of 2018 and free live TV apps and channels. If you’re looking for a specific channel, here’s how to watch HBO, Showtime, Starz, ESPN, AMC, FX, Fox News, MSNBC, CNN, FS1, TBS, TNT, Golf Channel, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, the CW, NBA TV, MTV, the Weather Channel, and NFL RedZone without cable, as well as free movies on YouTube. If you’re on the move, here’s how to watch Fox Sports Go and live stream NBC Sports.
John-Michael Bond is a tech reporter and culture writer for Daily Dot. A longtime cord-cutter and early adopter, he's an expert on streaming services (Hulu with Live TV), devices (Roku, Amazon Fire), and anime. A former staff writer for TUAW, he's knowledgeable on all things Apple and Android. You can also also find him regularly performing standup comedy in Los Angeles.