- Discord allegedly used to lure teenager boy to Florida trailer housing sex slave Tuesday 7:36 PM
- Millie Bobby Brown has the wrong take on ‘You’ Tuesday 6:42 PM
- Why is Tony Stark missing from the ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ trailer? Tuesday 6:00 PM
- The creepy texts this woman received are eerily similar to Netflix’s ‘You’ Tuesday 4:20 PM
- Roku defends decision to host InfoWars amid online backlash (updated) Tuesday 4:04 PM
- Pump yourself up for ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8 with this masterfully edited hype video Tuesday 2:35 PM
- NBC asked reporters not to call Steve King’s comments ‘racist’ Tuesday 2:21 PM
- Disney files copyright claim on YouTuber’s Darth Vader film—and the creator is devastated Tuesday 2:18 PM
- The ’10 Year Challenge’ isn’t as fun for trans people Tuesday 1:25 PM
- New Nike shoes can be controlled from your smartphone Tuesday 1:06 PM
- Cardi B. jumps on 10-year challenge with high school performance of Lady Gaga song Tuesday 12:28 PM
- Parents, teachers cry foul over Verizon fee hike for popular education app Tuesday 11:57 AM
- Conservative men are kicking and screaming about Gillette’s new toxic masculinity ad Tuesday 11:23 AM
- Mysterio is hot now in the ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ trailer Tuesday 10:53 AM
- Netflix hikes prices on all subscription plans Tuesday 10:48 AM
From slithery crocodiles to cuddly puppies, here’s everything you need to know.
Just because animals live in the wild doesn’t mean you need to. Instead of paying laughable prices and dealing with the hassle of installing cable, check out the streaming services that make it easy to watch your favorite wildlife channels and shows. Here’s everything you need to know to watch an Animal Planet live stream online for free.
What is Animal Planet?
Originally a joint venture with BBC World founded in 1996, Animal Planet has spent over two decades educating and entertaining viewers with nature documentaries, docuseries, and reality television programs based on captivating critters. As of 2016, approximately 91 million families receive Animal Planet on their television service of choice. Some popular Animal Planet shows include River Monsters, Too Cute, Crikey! with the children of late crocodile tamer Steve Irwin, and Pit Bulls & Parolees, to name a few.
Animal Planet live stream: 3 ways to watch Animal Planet online for free
- Cost: $16 per month
- Philo devices: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, iOS and Android devices
If you want to save money and can live without major news or sports channels, Philo is absolutely the way to go. For less than $20 a month, edutainment lovers will get the Animal Planet live stream, plus Discovery, BBC, AMC, HGTV, History, the Science Channel, and plenty more (National Geographic is not included). The $4 add-on package gets you two extra Discovery Channels and more. (Here’s the complete guide to Philo channels.)
2) DirecTV Now
- Cost: $40-$75 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- DirecTV Now devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, and Amazon Fire Stick
- Local channels: ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, the CW (enter your ZIP code here to check local availability)
For the money, DirecTV Now is one of the best options to live stream anything. The base level Live a Little package gets you the Animal Planet live stream, plus National Geographic, BBC, Comedy Central, Discovery, History Channel, and more. Sports fans might want to go up one or two packages, but the Live a Little option still gets you Fox Sports, NBC Sports, and ESPN 1 and 2. If you want HBO, DirecTV Now offers it for just $5 a month, with similar prices for Showtime, Starz, and Cinemax. (Here’s a complete guide to DirecTV Now channels.)
- Cost: $44.99-$79.99 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- PlayStation Vue devices: PlayStation 3 and 4, Roku, Amazon Fire, Google Chromecast, Kodi, iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: NBC, Fox, ABC, CBS (enter your ZIP code here to check your availability)
It comes at a higher price point, but PlayStation Vue comes with AMC, FX, Disney, ESPN, and more. With the $44.99 “Access” package, you’ll get the Animal Planet live stream, plus Discovery and National Geographic. PlayStation Vue is also one of the few services to let you create more than a couple accounts, so every family member can get hooked up with their favorite channel. (Here’s a complete guide to PlayStation Vue channels.)
Other ways to watch Animal Planet Online
Animal Planet will let you watch a live stream of its channel from the comfort of your computer screen, so long as you subscribe to an applicable provider. Simply go to animalplanet.com, click the “watch live” button near the top left, and provide your login info. If you subscribe to Philo, DirecTV Now, or PlayStation Vue, you’re good to go.
You can watch a live stream of Animal Planet content (or on-demand content) from the Animal Planet Go app by logging in with your provider information. The app is available for free on iOS, Android, Roku, Apple TV, and Fire TV.
New to cord-cutting? Here are our picks for the best movie streaming sites of 2018 and free live TV apps and channels. If you’re looking for a specific channel, here’s how to watch HBO, Showtime, Starz, Sundance TV, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, Willow, AMC, FX, Fox News, Freeform, MSNBC, CNN, CNBC, FS1, TBS, TNT, Tennis Channel, Golf Channel, Syfy, HGTV, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, Bravo, Lifetime, Discovery, PBS, the CW, BBC, CSPAN, NBA TV, MTV, Comedy Central, Food Network, TLC, HLN, A&E, Planet, National Geographic, the Weather Channel, the History Channel, and NFL RedZone without cable, as well as free movies on YouTube. If you’re on the move, here’s how to watch Fox Sports Go and live stream NBC Sports.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.