Shohjahon Ergashev had the biggest victory of his career 13 months ago, knocking out a hot boxing prospect and, in turn, making himself into one. He’s got another big test on Friday night versus the undefeated Mykal Fox. The two should make for a compelling fight, and thankfully, it’ll be easy to watch an Ergashev vs. Fox live stream for free on Showtime.
Ergashev is a hard puncher, and he’s got plenty of upside. But Fox has some solid credentials of his own. If you want to get a head start on watching boxers who could be on the early path to stardom, Ergashev vs. Fox could be a fun fight to watch. Here’s everything you need to know to watch the event online.
Ergashev vs. Fox
- When: Friday, Feb. 15, at 10pm ET
- Where: Kansas Star Casino in Mulvane, Kansas
- Streaming: Showtime (free with various streaming service trials)
Ergashev vs. Fox live stream: How to watch Showtime boxing for free
You no longer need cable to watch Showtime boxing. It’s offered as an add-on channel by every major live TV streaming service—including PlayStation Vue, YouTube TV, and DirecTV Now—and all of them offer at least a one-week trial. That means you can watch Ergashev vs. Fox for free. Some of the best options for how to stream Showtime are offered below.
- Cost: $10.99 per month (after a 7-day free trial) for Showtime | $119.99 per year for Prime
- Devices: Amazon Fire Stick, Fire TV, Fire tablets, and Fire phone; Roku, Google TV, TiVo, Nvidia Shield, PlayStation 3 and 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Wii
Amazon Prime Video provides you with one of the easiest ways to get started watching Showtime online. It’s also a one-stop shop for everything you need to stream, allowing you to add channels (like Showtime) from one centralized media center.
2) Showtime app
- Cost: $10.99 per month (after a 30-day free trial)
- Devices: Amazon Fire TVs, Amazon Fire Stick, Roku, Xbox One, Google Chromecast, and iOS and Android devices
If you want to download these fights directly from the source, you can stream them on the Showtime app. It’ll cost you $10.99 per month, but you’ll get a free 30-day trial on the app—and you can cancel at any time.
3) Hulu and Hulu with Live TV
- Cost: $7.99-$11.99 for Hulu and $44.95 per month for Hulu with Live TV (after a 7-day free trial). Showtime comes with a 7-day free trial, then costs $10.99 per month afterward
- Hulu devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch, and iOS and Android devices
If you’re looking for a streaming service that also allows you to watch or re-watch the first-run TV shows you missed, Hulu is a good service to have. You can live stream TV on Hulu, or you can watch TV or movies on-demand. Here’s the complete list of Hulu Live TV channels.
4) Sling TV
- Cost: $25-$40 per month (after a 7-day free trial), Showtime is $10 per month after a 7-day free trial
- Sling TV devices: Amazon Fire TVs, Amazon Fire Stick, Apple TV, Android TV, Roku,Xbox One, Google Chromecast, and iOS and Android devices
One of the best things about Sling TV is that it gives you a la carte channel packages. That basically means you can decide how much you want to pay (between $25 and $40) for channels you might (or might not) want. For Showtime, you’ll need to pay an additional $10 monthly fee, but you’ll get a seven-day free trial. Here’s a complete guide to Sling TV channels and our Sling TV review.
- Cost: $10.99 per month for Showtime | $39.99 for your first month and $44.99 per month thereafter (after a 7-day free trial) for FuboTV
- Devices: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Android TV, iOS and Android devices
FuboTV has become one of your best options if you’re an international sports fan, and as time goes on, it continues to get even better—especially if you’re a global soccer fan. It has some of the best local TV coverage of any streaming service. With Showtime, it’s also a good place to watch movies. Here’s the complete FuboTV channels list.
Ergashev vs. Fox: Why it matters
In January 2018, the only other time Ergashev (15-0, 14 knockouts) has appeared on Showtime, he faced off against the then-undefeated Sonny Fredrickson. And Ergashev blasted him out in the third round.
Ergashev is looking for an equally impressive performance on Friday vs. Fox.
“Shohjahon Ergashev is one of the hardest punchers in all of boxing,” Dmitriy Salita, the president of Salita Promotions, said. “He will be facing a challenge in the undefeated skilled, determined fighter in Mykal Fox.”
Fox (19-0, 5 KOs) also has won every fight in his career, and he’s six months removed from the best victory of his career, beating former world titlist DeMarcus Corley (albeit a former belt-holder well past his prime) by unanimous decision. But he doesn’t have much power in his punch.
- The best movies on Showtime and Showtime Anytime
- The best documentaries on Showtime
- The best Showtime original series of all time
So, the question is: How can Fox hope to keep Ergashev from decimating him if he doesn’t have to worry about Fox’s punches hurting him? Basically, it’ll come down to whether Fox can use his height and his reach. Fox, at 6-foot-3, is extraordinarily tall for the 140-pound junior welterweight division. If he can keep Ergashev at the end of his long arms with jabs and keep him from reaching and possibly hurting him, that could be a path to victory for Fox.
“My opponent is a good fighter,” Fox said. “He has good feet, good speed, and great power. This is going to be a fight that can potentially steal the show. I look forward to seeing how our styles [match] up.”
The betting odds, though, say Ergashev should win big. He’s a -3500 favorite, meaning you’d have to bet $3,500 to win a paltry $100. In other words, Ergashev will likely walk away from the fight undefeated.
“Everyone says Mykal Fox is my toughest opponent to date, but that doesn’t concern me,” Ergashev said. “It actually excites me because when I knock him out, just like I knocked out Sonny Fredrickson, all of the champions in my weight class will know I am coming for them soon.”
Ergashev vs. Fox live stream schedule
- Shohjahon Ergashev vs. Mykal Fox
- Jesse Hernandez vs. Thomas Ward
- Aslambek Idigov vs. Travis Hanshaw
New to cord-cutting? Here are our picks for the best movie streaming sites of 2018 and free live TV apps and channels. If you’re looking for a specific channel, here’s how to watch HBO, Showtime, Starz, Sundance TV, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, Willow, AMC, FX, Fox News, Freeform, MSNBC, CNN, CNBC, FS1, TBS, TNT, Tennis Channel, Golf Channel, Syfy, HGTV, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, Bravo, Lifetime, Discovery, PBS, the CW, BBC, CSPAN, NBA TV, MTV, Comedy Central, Food Network, TLC, HLN, A&E, Animal Planet, National Geographic, the Weather Channel, the History Channel, and NFL RedZone without cable, as well as free movies on YouTube. If you’re on the move, here’s how to watch Fox Sports Go and live stream NBC Sports.