- How to stream Barcelona vs. Real Betis Saturday 11:31 PM
- How to stream Tottenham Hotspur vs. Newcastle Saturday 11:21 PM
- All of the ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Easter eggs discovered by fans Saturday 6:52 PM
- Every big announcement made at D23 about Disney+ Saturday 6:33 PM
- The best haunted house movies to watch online in 2019 Saturday 4:13 PM
- Andy Ngo seen laughing as Patriot Prayer members plan an attack in newly emerged video Saturday 3:59 PM
- How to stream Manchester City vs. Bournemouth Saturday 3:25 PM
- Catholic priest allegedly spent church money on Grindr hookups Saturday 3:04 PM
- Nicolás Maduro’s English Twitter account was suspended with no public explanation Saturday 2:06 PM
- Man claims ex-girlfriend killed his dog after he broke up with her Saturday 1:02 PM
- What are BitTorrent downloads and how do they work? Saturday 12:58 PM
- ICE cuts the cord on real immigrant hotline after being featured in ‘Orange Is the New Black’ (updated) Saturday 10:49 AM
- The 10 best music podcasts for artist interviews and criticism in 2019 Saturday 10:41 AM
- How a socialist Twitch streamer landed in a feud with Dan Crenshaw Saturday 10:07 AM
- How to prepare for your fantasy football draft (and season) Saturday 9:00 AM
Thanks to the rise of live TV streaming, it’s easier than ever to watch FX online or to find an FXX live stream.
FX (and its sister channels FXX and FXM) is Fox’s cable TV channel, of course, and home to hit shows like It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Baskets, and Legion. The channel has always been known for taking risks with its programming, thanks to early experiments like the quirky comedy Son of the Beach and the brutal police drama The Shield. With Fox having recently sold its entertainment division to Disney, the future of the network is something of a question mark, but that ‘s a problem for another day.
Watching FX requires a TV subscription, but that doesn’t mean you have to get it through a cable provider. Each of the following live TV streaming services gives you access to FX Now, the company’s streaming service, and Simpsons World, a complete streaming library of every episode of The Simpsons. That gives FX some of the best bonus content anywhere in the streaming market. Here’s everything you need to know about watching FX online.
How to watch FX online: 5 Ways to Live Stream FXX, FX & FXM
WATCH: Is SlingTV worth it?
1) Sling TV
- Cost: $25-$40 per month
- Devices: Roku, Amazon Fire devices, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Android TV, Xiaomi, LG or Samsung smart TVs, iOS or Android, a computer, or Xbox One
Streaming fans who want to use Sling TV to access an FX and FXX live stream will need to pick up the $25-per-month Sling Blue package or the $40 Sling Orange + Blue package. (The cheaper $25-per-month Sling Orange package doesn’t include the channels, and neither option includes FXM.) Still, $25 per month for access to FX, FX, and FX Now is a steal. Plus you get Comedy Central, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim(read: Rick and Morty), and the NFL Network. You’ll have to pay an extra $5 a month if you want DVR, but Sling’s on-demand options make it largely redundant anyway. (Here’s a complete guide to Sling TV channels.)
2) Hulu and Hulu with Live TV
- Cost: $7.99-$11.99 per month for Hulu or $39.99 per month for Hulu with Live TV
- Devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch, and iOS and Android devices
Hulu with Live TV is exactly what it sounds like: The traditional Hulu service (albeit with ads) plus live TV streaming. A subscription comes with 50 channels, and that includes FX, FXM, and FXX live stream. If you don’t want to spend $39.99 a month (or $43.99 a month if you upgrade to Hulu with No Commercials) you can downgrade to Hulu with Limited Commercials ($7.99 a month) or Hulu with No Commercials ($11.99 a month). Both options give you 20 of FX’s best shows, from classics like The Shield and Rescue Me to modern hits Baskets and Atlanta. You don’t get access to FX Now, which means no Simpsons World, but if all you care about is FX’s original series, Hulu is your best and cheapest option for watching FX series. And every Hulu subscription unlocks its full on-demand library of movies, shows, documentaries, anime, and must-see Hulu originals. (Here’s the complete list of Hulu Live TV channels.)
- The best movies on Hulu
- What’s new on Hulu
- Sad movies on Hulu guaranteed to make you cry
- Hulu vs Netflix: Which streaming service is right for you?
Cost: $44.99-$79.99 per month
Devices: PlayStation 3 and 4, Roku, Amazon Fire, Google Chromecast, Kodi, iOS and Android devices
If you want to watch FX with your PlayStation, PS Vue is your only option. But thankfully, PS Vue is a great service, with an easy to learn interface and cloud DVR for subscribers. PS Vue’s basic packages include both FX and FXX, but if you want FXM, you’ll need to splurge on the $59.99-per-month Elite package. Of course, it also comes with Epix, so you’ll get some bang for your buck. (Here are all of PlayStation Vue channels.)
Cost: $44.99 for your first month and $54.99 per month thereafter (with a seven-day free trial)
Devices: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Android TV, iOS and Android devices
FuboTV is focused largely on international sports, making it the perfect option for streaming FX if you also love soccer. Its standard streaming package includes 70-plus channels, with over 20 of those channels focused on sports. The remaining package includes major cable players like Bravo, Nat Geo, USA, MSNBC, Fox News, SyFy, and of course, FX and FXX. Subscribers get 30 hours of cloud DVR storage, with 500 hours of DVR storage available for an extra charge. The only downside is FuboTV doesn’t offer FXM at all. (Here’s the complete FuboTV channels list.)
- The ultimate guide to live TV streaming
- How to cut the cord and stream like a pro
- 40 incredible movies you can watch for free online
- The best movie apps for every budget
5) YouTube TV
Cost: $49.99 per month
YouTube TV is the ideal streaming TV service for anyone looking to split costs with their friends. Up to six people can stream from the same account, making it a steal at $40 per month. Along with FX, FXX, and FXM, you also get news channels like Fox and MSNBC, sports options like ESPN, along with popular entertainment networks like AMC and SyFy. YouTube TV also gives subscribers the most cloud DVR storage, literally setting no limits on how much you can record and giving each user on your account their own DVR. (You can find the full list of list of YouTube TV channels here.)
- The best free movies on YouTube
- The most-viewed YouTube videos of all time
- The 25 most-subscribed-to YouTube channels
- The best documentaries on YouTube
New to cord-cutting? Here are our picks for the best movie streaming sites of 2018 and free live TV apps and channels. If you’re looking for a specific channel, here’s how to watch HBO, Showtime, Starz, ESPN, AMC, FX, Fox News, MSNBC, CNN, FS1, TBS, TNT, Golf Channel, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, the CW, NBA TV, the Weather Channel, and NFL RedZone without cable, as well as free movies on YouTube. If you’re on the move, here’s how to watch Fox Sports Go and live stream NBC Sports.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
John-Michael Bond is a tech reporter and culture writer for Daily Dot. A longtime cord-cutter and early adopter, he's an expert on streaming services (Hulu with Live TV), devices (Roku, Amazon Fire), and anime. A former staff writer for TUAW, he's knowledgeable on all things Apple and Android. You can also also find him regularly performing standup comedy in Los Angeles.