- Conspiracy theorists are already taking advantage of Kobe Bryant’s death 2 Weeks Ago
- Adam Driver returns to ‘SNL’ as Kylo Ren to reprise role in ‘Undercover Boss’ parody 2 Weeks Ago
- White men are raging over ‘SNL’s’ white male rage skit Today 3:05 PM
- Kobe Bryant dead at 41 Today 2:24 PM
- Pete Buttigieg mocked over ‘staged’ walking photo Today 12:22 PM
- Louise Linton deletes pro-Greta Thunberg Instagram post Today 10:58 AM
- ‘Crip Camp’ shows how a radical summer camp was monumental to the disability rights movement Today 9:08 AM
- How to live stream the 2020 Grammy Awards Today 7:00 AM
- Technology created deepfakes—does it have a way to stop them, too? Today 6:30 AM
- SESTA-FOSTA is ‘detrimental’ to sex workers’ safety, study confirms Today 6:00 AM
- Jeff Bezos’ girlfriend allegedly sent his nudes to her brother, who then leaked them Saturday 6:38 PM
- This Instagram account catches influencers in the wild Saturday 5:42 PM
- The best upcoming video games to look out for in February 2020 Saturday 5:23 PM
- TikTok teens use AirPods and Google Translate to secretly talk in class Saturday 4:32 PM
- Video shows corpses of coronavirus victims lying in China hospital Saturday 3:44 PM
The top two teams in the country square off in New Orleans at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome on Monday as the No. 3 Clemson Tigers face No. 1 LSU Tigers for the College Football Playoff National Championship presented by AT&T.
|HOW TO STREAM CFP NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP|
|SLING TV||TRY NOW|
|HULU WITH LIVE TV||TRY NOW|
The 2020 CFP National Championship Game pic.twitter.com/xyLxpMWGz4
— CBS Sports (@CBSSports) December 29, 2019
After bumping Kelly Bryant to the side, and becoming the starter in Week 5 last season against Syracuse, true sophomore QB Trevor Lawrence (250-370, 3,431 yards, 36 touchdowns, 8 interceptions) has won every game he’s played–including a dominant performance in the 44-16 national championship win over Alabama last season.
Clemson trailed Ohio State in the CFP semifinal matchup, the Fiesta Bowl, with less than three minutes left before Lawrence marched the Tigers from his own 6 yard line to nail the 29-23 triumph. Though rarely showing it in the regular season, Lawrence ran with authority, rushing for 107 yards with a score. The top-ranked Clemson defense held Ohio State to its fewest points of the season.
Many pundits and critics openly questioned Clemson, right up to the final whistle of a close 21-20 win at North Carolina. But since that game–Week 5 once again being the turning point–Lawrence and the Tigers have scored 49.3 points per game while allowing only 11.2 points per game. Clemson hasn’t given up three touchdowns in a single game and leads the country in scoring defense, allowing just 10.6 points per game.
Travis Etienne (192 CAR, 1,536 yards, 18 touchdowns) will figure heavy into Clemson’s passing game, looking to exploit LSU’s one weakness.
That said, with all due respect to Ohio State and last season’s Alabama team, Clemson hasn’t faced any team within the realm of LSU’s firepower. Clemson will score points on LSU’s defense, which has issues with a consistent pass rush and containing on the back end. It’s allowed 221.7 passing yards per game and gives up 21.2 points per contest. However, LSU’s offense puts up 48.9 points per game on 564 total yards per game.
Heisman Trophy winner Joe Burrow (371-478, 5,208 yards, 55 touchdowns, 6 interceptions) dominated Oklahoma in the Peach Bowl, completing 21 of 27 passes for 403 yards and seven touchdowns—in the first half. It is highly unlikely Burrow will put these sorts of numbers up on Clemson for a whole game. However, so far no team has been able to stop him, either.
Joe Burrow: “It wasn’t my sharpest game.”
He had 8 total touchdowns.
— Shea Dixon (@Sheadixon) December 29, 2019
Clyde Edwards-Helaire (199 CAR, 1,304 yards, 16 scores) played sparingly in the Peach Bowl due to an injury. Given the light workload, and the extended break heading into the championship game, he will be ready to go for Clemson.
Here’s how to watch the CFP National Championship presented by AT&T.
CFP National Championship presented by AT&T
- Location: Mercedes-Benz Superdome, New Orleans
- Date: Monday, Jan. 13 at 8pm ET
- Streaming: ESPN
How to stream Clemson vs. LSU live: Watch the CFP National Championship
The following services offer a one-week trial.
1) Sling TV
- Sling TV pricing: $30-$45 per month ($10 off the first month)
- Sling TV devices: Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Apple TV, Android TV,Roku,Xbox One, Google Chromecast, Oculus Go, Microsoft Edge, and iOS and Android devices
- Sling TV local channels: NBC, Fox (check your local availability here)
Sling TV provides two base channel package options, each priced at $30 per month. Sling Orange includes three ESPN channels, while Sling Blue includes sports channels like NFL Network, NBCSN, and local channels.
Sling Blue customers in select markets get NBC; see if yours has it here. Sling Blue also brings Fox News Channel, MSNBC, and Headline News as part of its regular slate of channels, with Fox Business Channel available for those who get the Sling Blue News Extra add-on. Sports Extra: Sling Blue ($10 per month) also includes NFL RedZone.
If you’re Team “Why Not Both,” Sling Orange + Blue combines the two for just $45 per month.
How to use AirTV with Sling
AirTV solves one of Sling’s biggest problems: The inability to receive all of your local channels. By purchasing a basic AirTV for $79.99 or the AirTV Player for $119.99, you can merge those local channels into your Sling TV, (or on your mobile device if you have the basic AirTV). As the Daily Dot wrote in its AirTV review, “It’s practically magic.”
The basic AirTV is a dual-tuner streaming device, while the AirTV Player is basically an upgraded Chromecast that has Netflix preinstalled. You’ll still need to own an HD antenna because even though AirTV gets you access to your local channels, it doesn’t actually physically show them to you.
But AirTV—which has no monthly fee—serves to strengthen one of Sling’s biggest weaknesses compared to other live streaming services like Hulu with Live TV, YouTube TV, and PlayStation Vue. All those services have plenty of local channels.
- Cost: $54.99 per month
- Hulu devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch, and iOS and Android devices
- Hulu local channels: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, the CW (check your local availability here)
Hulu with Live TV includes sports programming among its offerings, including ESPN and FS1, and as a subscriber to the service, you’ll get free access to Hulu’s sizable on-demand library. (Check out the full list of Hulu Live TV channels.)
3) YouTube TV
- Cost: $50 per month
- YouTube TV devices: Google Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, Xbox One, iOS and Android devices
- YouTube TV local channels: NBC, CBS, Fox, ABC, the CW (enter your ZIP code here to check your availability)
YouTube TV is a great option for college football: Fox, ABC, NBC, CBS, FS1, FS2, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN News, and ESPNU are all here and offer a nearly 360 programming platter of action. (Take a look at the full list of YouTube TV channels here.)
CFP National Championship: Notes
What a ride it's been to NOLA for Joe Burrow 👏 pic.twitter.com/g3QqskpnpK
— ESPN (@espn) December 29, 2019
Joe Burrow’s story is among the greatest in the last 20 years: A Southeast Ohio kid fought to become a known entity, became a four-star recruit that played parts of 10 games at Ohio State, and then had to transfer to LSU to get a chance.
What does he do? Burrow turns in one of the best seasons any FBS-level quarterback has ever produced and picks up trophies with “Heisman” and “Maxwell” on them along the way. It’s the stuff legends are made of. He’s got one game left to solidify his name in the history books.
This was a direct message that Joe Burrow sent to a recruiting analyst back in 2013… fast forward.
– Heisman Trophy Winner
– Potential #1 pick
– Playing for a National Championship
– Maxwell Award
– Walter Camp
– AP Player of Year
– 4,715 yards
– 46 TD’s
– 6 INT
— Anthony G. Halkias (@HALK_35) December 29, 2019
New to cord-cutting? Here are our picks for the best movie streaming sites of 2018 and free live TV apps and channels. If you’re looking for a specific channel, here’s how to watch HBO, Showtime, Starz, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, AMC, FX, Fox News, MSNBC, CNN, CNBC, FS1, TBS, TNT, Golf Channel, Syfy, HGTV, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, Bravo, Lifetime, Discovery, PBS, the CW, BBC, CSPAN, NBA TV, MTV, Comedy Central, Food Network, TLC, the Weather Channel, and NFL RedZone without cable, as well as free movies on YouTube. If you’re on the move, here’s how to watch Fox Sports Go and live stream NBC Sports.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Kahron Spearman is a music and film critic whose work can also regularly be regularly found in the Austin Chronicle.