- ‘Bachelor’ contestant apologizes for ‘White Lives Matter’ photo shoot Today 12:13 AM
- ‘Sonic The Hedgehog’ sets box office record for video game movies Sunday 8:15 PM
- Truck driver allegedly watching porn kills teen driver in a car crash Sunday 6:44 PM
- Is the Buttigieg campaign behind this pro-Pete Nigerian Twitter account? Sunday 4:58 PM
- Mask that has your face printed on it allows you to unlock your phone during viral epidemics Sunday 3:52 PM
- Justin Bieber slid into the DMs of someone who hated his new album Sunday 1:05 PM
- HQ Trivia host and co-founder in Twitter feud amid shutdown Sunday 12:10 PM
- YouTuber shamed for fake call with Caroline Flack after her death Sunday 10:59 AM
- This MAGA-loving Keanu Reeves imposter isn’t fooling anyone Sunday 10:16 AM
- How to watch ‘Outlander’ season 5 online Sunday 8:00 AM
- Kobe Bryant’s complicated online legacy isn’t buried with him Sunday 6:00 AM
- TikTok teen’s reaction to discovering boyfriend’s cheating goes viral Saturday 4:46 PM
- This may be the creepiest Amazon review you’ll ever read Saturday 3:58 PM
- Bill Maher booed on own show over defense of Bloomberg Saturday 3:37 PM
- The Sun allegedly deletes negative Caroline Flack story after her death Saturday 2:48 PM
Southeastern Conference runner-up No. 5 Georgia Bulldogs (11-2) will battle the resurgent Big 12 delegate No. 7 Baylor Bears (11-2) at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans for the Allstate Sugar Bowl.
When Georgia was beaten down 37-10 by top-ranked LSU, putting them out of contention for the College Football Playoff, quarterback Jake Fromm (214-355, 2,610 yards, 22 touchdowns, 5 interceptions) didn’t have his best showing by a long shot and will be hoping to redeem himself. However, the Bulldogs appeared in the same bowl under the same conditions last year and laid an egg in a 28-21 loss to Texas.
Georgia head coach Kirby Smart wants to avoid a repeat of last year’s game, even with numerous starters likely sitting out.
“We talked to our players about three things,” Smart said, ESPN reported. “You’re going to hear this common theme probably among our players because for 11 practices, they’ve been hearing about this trip, this team, and this game, and that’s really it. It’s a one-game season for us.”
Baylor’s resurgence won’t be defined by whether or not it wins the Sugar Bowl, but it will certainly put the program head coach Matt Rhule has turned around—the Bears finished 1-11 in 2017—closer to the national zeitgeist. Junior quarterback Charlie Brewer (227-348, 2,950 yards, 20 touchdowns, 6 interceptions) has shown himself to be the signal-caller a number of the big-name Texas schools didn’t believe he would be. He could set up a Heisman campaign for next season with a strong showing against the country’s fourth-best defense.
Here’s how to watch Georgia vs. Baylor in the Allstate Sugar Bowl.
|HOW TO STREAM ALLSTATE SUGAR BOWL|
|SLING TV||TRY NOW|
|HULU WITH LIVE TV||TRY NOW|
Wednesday, January 1.
— College Football Playoff (@CFBPlayoff) December 8, 2019
Allstate Sugar Bowl
- Location: Mercedes-Benz Superdome, New Orleans
- Date: Jan. 1, 8:45pm ET
- Streaming: ESPN
How to stream Georgia vs. Baylor live: Watch the Sugar Bowl
The following services offer a one-week trial.
1) Sling TV
- Sling TV pricing: $30-$45 per month ($10 off the first month)
- Sling TV devices: Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Apple TV, Android TV,Roku,Xbox One, Google Chromecast, Oculus Go, Microsoft Edge, and iOS and Android devices
- Sling TV local channels: NBC, Fox (check your local availability here)
Sling TV provides two base channel package options, each priced at $30 per month. Sling Orange includes three ESPN channels, while Sling Blue includes sports channels like NFL Network, NBCSN, and local channels.
Sling Blue customers in select markets get NBC; see if yours has it here. Sling Blue also brings Fox News Channel, MSNBC, and Headline News as part of its regular slate of channels, with Fox Business Channel available for those who get the Sling Blue News Extra add-on. Sports Extra: Sling Blue ($10 per month) also includes NFL RedZone.
If you’re Team “Why Not Both,” Sling Orange + Blue combines the two for just $45 per month.
How to use AirTV with Sling
AirTV solves one of Sling’s biggest problems: The inability to receive all of your local channels. By purchasing a basic AirTV for $79.99 or the AirTV Player for $119.99, you can merge those local channels into your Sling TV, (or on your mobile device if you have the basic AirTV). As the Daily Dot wrote in its AirTV review, “It’s practically magic.”
The basic AirTV is a dual-tuner streaming device, while the AirTV Player is basically an upgraded Chromecast that has Netflix preinstalled. You’ll still need to own an HD antenna because even though AirTV gets you access to your local channels, it doesn’t actually physically show them to you.
But AirTV—which has no monthly fee—serves to strengthen one of Sling’s biggest weaknesses compared to other live streaming services like Hulu with Live TV, YouTube TV, and PlayStation Vue. All those services have plenty of local channels. While select NFL and college football games (on Fox, FS1, and FS2) are no longer on Sling, you can still catch Fox games with AirTV.
- Cost: $54.99 per month
- Hulu devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch, and iOS and Android devices
- Hulu local channels: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, the CW (check your local availability here)
Hulu with Live TV includes sports programming among its offerings, including ESPN and FS1, and as a subscriber to the service, you’ll get free access to Hulu’s sizable on-demand library. (Check out the full list of Hulu Live TV channels.)
3) YouTube TV
- Cost: $50 per month
- YouTube TV devices: Google Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, Xbox One, iOS and Android devices
- YouTube TV local channels: NBC, CBS, Fox, ABC, the CW (enter your ZIP code here to check your availability)
YouTube TV is a great option for college football: Fox, ABC, NBC, CBS, FS1, FS2, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN News, and ESPNU are all here and offer a nearly 360 programming platter of action. (Take a look at the full list of YouTube TV channels here.)
Allstate Sugar Bowl: Notes
For Baylor to have a shot, Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year James Lynch will have to wreck shop from the edge. He secured a Baylor record of 11.5 sacks.
Georgia will also be without a host of starters, including offensive linemen Andrew Thomas and Isaiah Wilson, who declared early for the NFL draft. Right guard Ben Cleveland will also miss the game.
— Baylor Football (@BUFootball) December 7, 2019
New to cord-cutting? Here are our picks for the best movie streaming sites of 2018 and free live TV apps and channels. If you’re looking for a specific channel, here’s how to watch HBO, Showtime, Starz, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, AMC, FX, Fox News, MSNBC, CNN, CNBC, FS1, TBS, TNT, Golf Channel, Syfy, HGTV, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, Bravo, Lifetime, Discovery, PBS, the CW, BBC, CSPAN, NBA TV, MTV, Comedy Central, Food Network, TLC, the Weather Channel, and NFL RedZone without cable, as well as free movies on YouTube. If you’re on the move, here’s how to watch Fox Sports Go and live stream NBC Sports.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Kahron Spearman is a music and film critic whose work can also regularly be regularly found in the Austin Chronicle.