- Cara Delevingne calls out Justin Bieber for ‘ranking’ wife Hailey’s friends Friday 9:07 PM
- Fans defend Jenna Marbles after some people claimed she mistreated her dogs in a recent video Friday 8:37 PM
- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
- Why you should drop everything and start reading ‘Lore Olympus’ Friday 6:27 PM
- ‘Boogaloo’ memes are trying to organize a second civil war—and they’re spreading fast Friday 3:48 PM
- People are disturbed by these McDonald’s-scented candles Friday 3:47 PM
- Season 2 of ‘The Witcher’ is in production Friday 3:16 PM
- Here are some cringey billboards Bloomberg ran in Arizona Friday 2:51 PM
- PewDiePie returns to YouTube after 37-day hiatus Friday 2:01 PM
- Why was a Republican Party Facebook page co-managed by someone in Turkmenistan? Friday 1:26 PM
- The shorthand guide to ‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars’ Friday 1:07 PM
- Congress urges Tinder to screen for sex offenders Friday 1:03 PM
- Video shows 9-year-old threatening suicide after being bullied Friday 12:01 PM
- Ex-Goldman Sachs CEO says he might vote Trump because Sanders is too mean to him Friday 11:40 AM
- Twitch streamer says she was banned for body painting Friday 11:39 AM
In the midst of a program downturn, Michigan State (6-6) meets with Atlantic Coast Conference delegate Wake Forest (8-4) for a Friday afternoon game at Yankee Stadium in the New Era Pinstripe Bowl.
Michigan State and Wake Forest are programs drifting in opposite directions. The Spartans were just in the College Football Playoff four years ago but have gone 26-24 since. They needed wins over Rutgers and Maryland to become bowl eligible and (somewhat) salvage their disappointing season. The reality in Lansing is that head coach Mark Dantonio isn’t pulling in the talent he once did or making future pros out of lower- and middle-tier recruits, in the vein of Le’Veon Bell.
The Demon Deacons, though, have energetic head coach Dave Clawson, who’s found talent who usually wouldn’t have Wake on their radar. Receiver Sage Surratt is one example. He won’t be available for the game, with a shoulder injury, but he will be back as one of the nation’s best receivers next season.
Wake Forest’s offense is ranked 12th in the nation at 473.4 yards a game (for 32.8 points per game). It’s an interesting attack that features fast tempo. It has the most offensive plays per game in the nation (83.7). However, its brand of read-option can sometimes take 2 to 3 seconds at the “mesh point” before decisions are made. This means the Spartans have to be patient, precise, and punishing at the point of attack.
Here’s how to watch Michigan State vs. Wake Forest in the New Era Pinstripe Bowl.
|HOW TO STREAM NEW ERA PINSTRIPE BOWL|
|SLING TV||TRY NOW|
|HULU WITH LIVE TV||TRY NOW|
🚨 OFFICIAL! 🚨@WakeFB will meet @MSU_Football on the #YankeeStadium gridiron in the tenth annual @NewEraCap Pinstripe Bowl on December 27th! #GoDeacs | #GoGreen | #PinstripeBowl2019 pic.twitter.com/jOqN1aVgQB
— NewEraPinstripeBowl (@PinstripeBowl) December 8, 2019
New Era Pinstripe Bowl
- Location: Yankee Stadium, New York City
- Date: Dec. 27, 3:30pm ET
- Streaming: ESPN
How to stream Michigan State vs. Wake Forest live: Watch the Pinstripe Bowl
The following services offer a one-week trial.
1) Sling TV
- Sling TV pricing: $30-$45 per month ($10 off first month)
- Sling TV devices: Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Xbox One, Google Chromecast, Oculus Go, Microsoft Edge, and iOS and Android devices
- Sling TV local channels: NBC, Fox (check your local availability here)
Sling offers a ton of live sports. Sling TV provides two base channel package options, each priced at $30 per month. Sling Orange includes three ESPN channels, while Sling Blue includes sports channels like NFL Network, NBCSN, and local channels. If you’re Team “Why Not Both,” Sling Orange + Blue combines the two for just $45 per month. Sports Extra: Sling Blue ($10 per month) also includes NFL RedZone.
Other features include a Free Cloud DVR tier for all subscribers (allowing 10 hours of recording a month), the ability to record all live linear channels, and no VOD preemption on any channels. New subscribers get $10 off the first month.
How to use AirTV with Sling
AirTV solves one of Sling’s biggest problems: The inability to receive all of your local channels. By purchasing a basic AirTV for $79.99 or the AirTV Player for $119.99, you can merge those local channels into your Sling TV, (or on your mobile device if you have the basic AirTV). As the Daily Dot wrote in its AirTV review, “It’s practically magic.”
The basic AirTV is a dual-tuner streaming device, while the AirTV Player is basically an upgraded Chromecast that has Netflix preinstalled. You’ll still need to own an HD antenna because even though AirTV gets you access to your local channels, it doesn’t actually physically show them to you.
But AirTV—which has no monthly fee—serves to strengthen one of Sling’s biggest weaknesses compared to other live streaming services like Hulu with Live TV, YouTube TV, and PlayStation Vue. All those services have plenty of local channels. While select NFL and college football games (on Fox, FS1, and FS2) are no longer on Sling, you can still catch Fox games with AirTV.
- Cost: $44.99 per month
- Hulu devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch, and iOS and Android devices
- Hulu local channels: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, the CW (check your local availability here)
Hulu with Live TV includes sports programming among its offerings, including ESPN and FS1, and as a subscriber to the service, you’ll get free access to Hulu’s sizable on-demand library. (Check out the full list of Hulu Live TV channels.)
3) YouTube TV
- Cost: $50 per month
- YouTube TV devices: Google Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, Xbox One, iOS and Android devices
- YouTube TV local channels: NBC, CBS, Fox, ABC, the CW (enter your ZIP code here to check your availability)
YouTube TV is a great option for college football: Fox, ABC, NBC, CBS, FS1, FS2, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN News, and ESPNU are all here and offer a nearly 360 programming platter of action. (Take a look at the full list of YouTube TV channels here.)
New Era Pinstripe Bowl: Why it matters
Wake Forest quarterback Jamie Newman is a big, strong, physical player who’s thrived with the read-option game plan. Throughout the video below, you’ll see what Michigan State will contend with, including some highly unusual delays.
New to cord-cutting? Here are our picks for the best movie streaming sites of 2018 and free live TV apps and channels. If you’re looking for a specific channel, here’s how to watch HBO, Showtime, Starz, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, AMC, FX, Fox News, MSNBC, CNN, CNBC, FS1, TBS, TNT, Golf Channel, Syfy, HGTV, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, Bravo, Lifetime, Discovery, PBS, the CW, BBC, CSPAN, NBA TV, MTV, Comedy Central, Food Network, TLC, the Weather Channel, and NFL RedZone without cable, as well as free movies on YouTube. If you’re on the move, here’s how to watch Fox Sports Go and live stream NBC Sports.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Kahron Spearman is a music and film critic whose work can also regularly be regularly found in the Austin Chronicle.