- These high school theater kids put on a totally awesome ‘Alien’ play Saturday 3:59 PM
- Behold these photos of Elon Musk, but with Elizabeth Holmes’ eyes Saturday 3:11 PM
- Barbra Streisand gets canceled over remarks about Michael Jackson’s alleged victims Saturday 2:09 PM
- Report: Florida man raped Texas teen after posing as Instagram celeb Saturday 12:14 PM
- Lori Loughlin’s daughters, Olivia and Isabella, could be banned from USC forever Saturday 11:46 AM
- ‘Starfish’ is a heartbreaking tale of BFFs, grief, and apocalyptic alien invasions Saturday 10:35 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 148 for free Saturday 10:00 AM
- The kids are making scantron memes instead of studying Saturday 9:29 AM
- Every installment of Hulu’s ‘Into the Dark,’ ranked Saturday 6:00 AM
- The internet is mocking Robert Mueller’s report deadline Friday 7:53 PM
- Instagram blocks some anti-vax hashtags—but still has far to go Friday 6:20 PM
- Study: Netflix released more originals than licensed titles last year Friday 2:26 PM
- Laura Ingraham, Dinesh D’Souza slam journalist for having a job Friday 1:40 PM
- Netflix is testing a cheap-as-hell mobile-only plan Friday 1:08 PM
- Astrology app Co-Star’s bizarre push notifications are now a meme Friday 12:18 PM
Don’t get left out in the cold.
Forget zombies and dragons. Sometimes you just to check the weather. Thankfully, there are a couple of easy ways to get a the Weather Channel live stream for free, whether you need a 10-day forecast for your vacation, to check if you need a jacket before you head out the door, or how likely your flight is during heavy winds. Especially in times of serious crisis, you’ll want a quick way to watch the Weather Channel online, and thankfully, you don’t have to cable, either.
Here’s everything you need to watch a Weather Channel live stream online.
What is the Weather Channel?
Launched in 1982, the Weather Channel more than lives up to its name. Besides the obvious weather forecasts, the Weather Channel is a definitive source for weather-related news and analysis from field experts. Appropriately enough, the Weather Channel also shows off entertainment shows and documentaries related to weather and climate. No matter where you live, the Weather Channel’s radar trackers and weather forecasts will never leave you cold in the rain.
How to watch the Weather Channel live online for free
We’re not sure how LiveNewsOn works, but it does. The channel provides a free Weather Channel live stream (alongside Fox News, MSNBC, and CNN), and you can cast it from your web browser to your TV. It’s not always going to be a great quality stream (some LiveNewsOn streams barely hit 480p on a good day), but it’ll if you just need a quick glance at the Weather Channel, it’ll work in a pinch.
A free internet radio service, TuneIn hosts weather forecasts from the Weather Channel for 22 major metropolitan areas (see the full list here). While not exactly the Weather Channel live stream you’re looking for, the feeds update four times daily, so it’s an easy way to stay informed.
The Weather Channel live stream: 2 ways to watch online
Surprisingly, only two of the six major live TV streaming services offer a Weather Channel live stream. That means if you use Sling TV, PS Vue, YouTube TV, or Hulu with Live TV, you’re out of luck. Here’s what you need to know to watch the Weather Channel online.
- Cost: $39.99 for your first month and $44.99 per month thereafter (after a 7-day free trial)
- FuboTV devices: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Android TV, iOS and Android devices
- FuboTV local channels: Fox, NBC, CBS (check local availability here)
If you’re someone whose main interest in the Weather Channel is to know how it affects your tee time on Saturday or your favorite team’s next outdoor game, FuboTV is the best streaming service for you. While there’s no ESPN, you’ll get the NFL Network, the Golf Channel, NBA TV, and FS1 and FS2, in addition to Fox Sports. News-wise, you get CNN, Fox News and Business, CBS, MSNBC, and others. (Here’s a complete guide to FuboTV channels.)
Game-changing feature: Three-day replay for games and 30 hours of cloud DVR.
2) DirecTV Now
- Cost: $40-$75 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- DirecTV Now devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, and Amazon Fire Stick
- Local channels: ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, the CW (enter your ZIP code here to check local availability)
The Weather Channel is available on DirecTV Now’s Just Right package, which is one up from the eentry-levelpackage, so you’ll be paying at least $55 a month. You get a ton of bang for your buck though with local channels, a great assortment of sports, and a ton of entertainment options. You can also add on premium channels for as low as $5, which more than makes up for the steep entry price. Regardless, you’re saving a ton of money compared to regular DirecTV. (Here’s a complete guide to DirecTV Now channels.)
Game-changing feature: AT&T Unlimited customers can save $25 a month off every DirecTV Now package.
Other ways to watch the Weather Channel online
The Weather Channel website and App
You can watch a live stream of the Weather Channel online via weatherchannel.com or the iOS/Android app, but like similar services, you’ll have to use a cable provider account to log in for service. Unfortunately, the live TV streaming options above won’t suffice. You can, however, watch the latest breaking news videos, get detailed weather reports, and more without signing in.
New to cord-cutting? Here are our picks for the best movie streaming sites of 2018 and free live TV apps and channels. If you’re looking for a specific channel, here’s how to watch HBO, Showtime, Starz, Sundance TV, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, Willow, AMC, FX, Fox News, Freeform, MSNBC, CNN, CNBC, FS1, TBS, TNT, Tennis Channel, Golf Channel, Syfy, HGTV, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, Bravo, Lifetime, Discovery, PBS, the CW, BBC, CSPAN, NBA TV, MTV, Comedy Central, Food Network, TLC, HLN, A&E, Animal Planet, National Geographic, the History Channel, and NFL RedZone without cable, as well as free movies on YouTube. If you’re on the move, here’s how to watch Fox Sports Go and live stream NBC Sports.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.