- UPS facing backlash for thanking police after employee killed in shootout Saturday 5:02 PM
- Sanders campaign fires staffer after anti-Semitic, homophobic tweets surface Saturday 3:13 PM
- Brother Nature was attacked, says everyone just watched with phones out Saturday 2:45 PM
- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad Saturday 1:24 PM
- Ex-vegan YouTuber accused of fraud after following meat-only diet Saturday 1:11 PM
- The 15 best Disney+ hidden gems and deep cuts Saturday 12:23 PM
- Everyone in GoFundMe scam involving homeless veteran has now pleaded guilty Saturday 12:06 PM
- Boy invites kindergarten class to his adoption–and people are emotional Saturday 11:56 AM
- Reddit links leaked trade deal documents to Russian campaign Saturday 10:44 AM
- How to stream Alistair Overeem vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik Saturday 8:30 AM
- Amazon sends customers condoms and soap instead of Nintendo Switch Saturday 8:28 AM
- How to live stream Jermall Charlo vs. Dennis Hogan Saturday 8:00 AM
- Apple TV’s ‘Truth Be Told’ is a criminally dull drama Saturday 6:00 AM
- Thousands of Uber users have reported sexual assaults, company says Friday 5:40 PM
- ‘Astronomy Club’ reformats the sketch show Friday 4:58 PM
It’s that time of year when having an NBC Sports live stream becomes absolutely essential. Not only will you want to watch Sunday Night Football, but the NHL and NBA seasons are also upon us—not to mention the Premier League.
|HOW TO WATCH NBC SPORTS|
|HULU WITH LIVE TV||TRY NOW|
|SLING TV||TRY NOW|
No matter what sport you’re into, there’s always something to watch on NBC Sports (and the closely affiliated NBCSN). NBC Sports hosts the Stanley Cup playoffs, the Triple Crown, the French Open, and PGA tour events, in addition to dedicated regional sports coverage in Philadelphia, Chicago, Boston, Portland, the Bay Area, and Washington, D.C. That means you’ll get a ton of additional local games if you’re in one of those markets. Here’s the breakdown provided by NBC Sports in the App Store:
- NBA: 76ers, Bulls, Celtics, Kings, Trail Blazers, Warriors, and Wizards
- NHL: Blackhawks, Capitals, Flyers, and Sharks
- MLB: Athletics, Cubs, Giants, Mets, Phillies, and White Sox
- MLS: Earthquakes and Revolution
Even better: With the NBC Sports app, you’ll also be able to watch the Golf Channel and Olympic Channel if they’re included in your cable or live TV streaming package (more on that in a bit).
Here’s everything you need to know about NBC Sports streaming to help you catch all the action—and hopefully save some money too.
NBC Sports live stream: 6 ways to watch NBCSN online
All six of the major live TV streaming services offer NBCSN, but they vary significantly when it comes to their cost, compatible devices, and other NBC Sports channels they provide. Here’s a complete breakdown of each one.
- Cost: $40 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- Hulu devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch, and iOS and Android devices
- Hulu local channels: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, the CW (check your local availability here)
Hulu with Live TV offers the best of all worlds when it comes to streaming NBC Sports and NBC because you’re also getting the Golf Channel and Olympic Channel (hey, you’ll appreciate it in a couple of years). But Hulu also offers the best way for you to catch up on your favorite NBC shows and other live sports. (Here’s a complete guide to Hulu Live TV channels.)
Game-changing feature: Every subscription comes with free access to Hulu’s on-demand library, meaning you can catch up on all of your favorite shows. (Here are our picks for the best movies on Hulu, Hulu documentaries, anime, and the must-see Hulu originals.)
2) Sling TV
- Cost: $25-$40 per month (40% off first month)
- Sling TV devices: Amazon Fire TVs, Android Fire Stick, Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Xbox One, Google Chromecast, Oculus Go, and iOS and Android devices
- Sling TV local channels: NBC, Fox (check your local availability here)
While one of the leaders in live TV streaming, Sling TV is not one of the better options for NBC Sports streaming. That’s because NBCSN is only available in two of its packages: Sling Blue ($25 per month) and Sling Orange + Blue ($40 per month). But even with those packages, Sling TV notes NBC and NBC Sports are only available in select markets, so you’ll want to double-check your availability with the link above. (Here’s a complete guide to Sling TV channels.)
Game-changing feature: Price. But when it comes to a NBC Sports live stream, you get what you pay for.
- Cost: $44.99 for your first month and $54.99 per month thereafter (after a 7-day free trial)
- FuboTV devices: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Android TV, iOS and Android devices
- FuboTV local channels: Fox, NBC, CBS (check local availability here)
Game-changing feature: Three-day replay for games and 30 hours of cloud DVR.
Given its reputation as a sports streaming service, it’s not surprising that FuboTV is a great way to watch NBC Sports online, but it’s worth noting that, in checking my local availability, it was the only one that confirmed I’d receive a regional NBC Sports channel as well. That’s on top of an already stellar collection of channels that includes NFL Network, NBA TV, and Big Ten Network. If you have to have ESPN, though, you’re out of luck. (Here’s a complete guide to FuboTV channels.)
4) YouTube TV
- Cost: $49.99 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- YouTube TV devices: Google Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, Xbox One, iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: NBC, CBS, Fox, ABC, the CW (enter your ZIP code here to check your availability)
With YouTube TV, you’ll get access to a full suite of NBC Sports channels in addition to specialty options like NBA TV and MLB Network and other live sports essentials (ESPN, FS1). Sure, there’s plenty of filler, but with options like AMC, MSNBC, Syfy, and FX, you’re getting a pretty comprehensive package. (Here’s a complete guide to YouTube TV channels.)
Game-changing feature: You can add up to six accounts per household, and each one of those accounts gets unlimited cloud DVR. Even better: You can fast-forward through ads in recorded programs.
Cost: Free to download
Devices: Roku, Apple Airplay, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Xbox, iOS and Android devices
Once you’ve decided which of the services you want above, or if you already have cable and just need a way to live stream NBC Sports on the go, download this app immediately. Not only will you be able to watch NBC Sports live, but you’ll also have access to every NBC Sports channel that’s included in your subscription. That means you can stream regional content, the Golf Channel, and the Olympic Channel all from one spot. Plus you’ll get full even replays, some on-demand highlights, and the ability to customize alerts for your favorite teams. Did I mention the app is completely free?
New to cord-cutting? Here are our picks for the best movie streaming sites of 2018 and free live TV apps and channels. If you’re looking for a specific channel, here’s how to watch HBO, Showtime, Starz, Sundance TV, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, Willow, AMC, FX, Fox News, Freeform, MSNBC, CNN, CNBC, FS1, TBS, TNT, Tennis Channel, Golf Channel, Syfy, HGTV, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, Bravo, Lifetime, Discovery, PBS, the CW, BBC, CSPAN, NBA TV, MTV, Comedy Central, Food Network, TLC, HLN, A&E, Animal Planet, National Geographic, the Weather Channel, the History Channel, and NFL RedZone without cable, as well as free movies on YouTube. If you’re on the move, here’s how to watch Fox Sports Go.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Austin Powell is the former managing editor of the Daily Dot. His work focuses on the intersection of entertainment and technology. He previously served as a music columnist for the Austin Chronicle and is the co-author of The Austin Chronicle Music Anthology.