- Artist Yumi Sakugawa uses Instagram to tackle creative shame 1 Year Ago
- Is that Rosa Parks in random Twitter user’s baby photo? Tuesday 8:24 PM
- Syracuse students say white supremacist manifesto was AirDropped to them Tuesday 7:44 PM
- Florida woman gets prison time for throwing slushie at Matt Gaetz Tuesday 6:28 PM
- Marie Kondo’s online store slammed for selling clutter-worthy products Tuesday 5:34 PM
- People are rallying against toxic masculinity on International Men’s Day Tuesday 4:42 PM
- Reddit wants to stop its pro-Trump forum from outing the alleged whistleblower Tuesday 3:38 PM
- White woman calls cops on man who said he was visiting aunt with his kids Tuesday 3:12 PM
- ‘The Stranded’ is a flawed yet addictive blend of ‘Degrassi’ and ‘Lost’ Tuesday 2:45 PM
- The ‘gonna tell my kids’ meme is revisionist history at its most absurd Tuesday 2:24 PM
- Redditor asks former burglars to give home security tips Tuesday 2:18 PM
- Facebook-Breitbart partnership under fire in wake of new Stephen Miller emails Tuesday 2:00 PM
- John Krasinski under fire after praising the CIA Tuesday 1:46 PM
- Conservatives melt down after Chick-fil-A says it will stop donating to anti-LGBTQ orgs Tuesday 1:33 PM
- ‘Honey Boy’ is an experimental look at channeling trauma Tuesday 1:28 PM
Lifetime has been one of the few places on television for reliable female-oriented programming, and that’s no small feat. If you’re looking for a Lifetime live stream to catch up on all your favorite shows and reality TV series, here’s everything you need to know.
|HOW TO WATCH LIFETIME|
|HULU WITH LIVE TV||TRY NOW|
|SLING TV||TRY NOW|
What is the Lifetime channel?
Originally founded in 1984, Lifetime struggled to find its footing until a change in leadership brought about a new wave of programming geared toward women. In the decades since, Lifetime has become synonymous with made-for-TV films and television programs featuring female leads, such as the Kirsten Dunst vehicle 15 and Pregnant or the campy Lizzie Borden Took an Axe in 2014. It also hosts a small selection of reality TV programming, like Married at First Sight or Dance Moms.
Lifetime live stream: 5 ways to watch for free
Nearly every major live TV streaming service includes Lifetime in some capacity. (The two exceptions are PlayStation Vue and YouTube TV.) No matter which one perks your interest, you can sign up for a free trial to see how you like it.
- Cost: $16 per month (after 7-day free trial)
- Philo devices: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, iOS and Android devices
If you have to save a buck, Philo is unbeatable. What it might lack in news (though it offers BBC World News) and live sports it more than makes up for with entertainment options. In addition to Viacom essentials like MTV, VH1, and Comedy Central, Philo TV is the cheapest way to watch AMC online and Hallmark Christmas movies. With Philo, you get both a Lifetime live stream and Lifetime Movies. Did we mention it’s just $16 per month? (Here’s a guide to Philo TV channels.)
Game-changing feature: Besides the unbeatable price? Well, there’s 30 days of unlimited DVR space, and a free trial that only requires a phone number instead of a credit card.
- Cost: $40 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- Hulu devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch, and iOS and Android devices
- Hulu local channels: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, the CW (check your local availability here)
It’s exactly what it sounds like: Hulu’s on-demand library paired with live TV. Even better for Lifetime fans, you’ll not only get a Lifetime live stream but also Lifetime Movies. Channels that might appeal to the same audience include the CW, HGTV, FX, A&E, and plenty more. Pair that with Hulu’s on-demand library and you’ll probably never go hungry for drama shows or movies again. (Here’s a complete guide to Hulu Live TV channels.)
Game-changing feature: Every subscription comes with free access to Hulu’s on-demand library, meaning you can catch up on all of your favorite shows. (Here are our picks for the best movies on Hulu, Hulu documentaries, anime, and the must-see Hulu original series.)
3) Sling TV
- Cost: $25-$40 per month (40% off first month)
- Sling TV devices: Amazon Fire TVs, Android Fire Stick, Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Xbox One, Google Chromecast, Oculus Go, and iOS and Android devices
- Sling TV local channels: NBC, Fox (check your local availability here)
Sling TV is split up between two packages (Sling Orange and Sling Blue), but thankfully, Lifetime is included in both, so you’ll only need to pay $25 a month if a Lifetime live stream is your main goal. Sling Orange is your pick if you want ESPN and Disney networks, but other than that, Sling Blue is a better option, especially if you enjoy a broader spectrum of sports channels. In the way of entertainment, you’ll get BBC America, AMC, HGTV, and plenty more with Sling Blue. Of course, you can also combine the two packages (Sling Orange + Blue) for $40 a month. (Here’s a complete guide to Sling TV channels.)
Game-changing feature: Variety. Sling TV lets you customize your subscription with more than a dozen add-on channel packages.
- Cost: $44.99 for your first month and $54.99 per month thereafter (after a 7-day free trial)
- FuboTV devices: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Android TV, iOS and Android devices
- FuboTV local channels: Fox, NBC, CBS (check local availability here)
Fubo is a really solid choice if you also need a healthy spectrum of sports content to devour. To its credit, it includes both a Lifetime live stream as well as the Lifetime Movies channel. It’s also one of the few places to get Oxygen, for those ladies who really enjoy true crime programming, in addition to the Hallmark Channel. It’s a pinch more expensive than some other options, but in terms of variety, it’s hard to beat. (Here’s a complete guide to FuboTV channels.)
Game-changing feature: Three-day replay for games and 30 hours of cloud DVR.
Other ways to watch Lifetime online
Like a lot of other channels, Lifetime allows people who subscribe to most of the above streaming services to access a Lifetime live stream and movies either on its website. Simply go to mylifetime.com, select the show you want to watch, and you’ll be prompted to provide your login information for one of the applicable services. Hulu, FuboTV, DirecTV Now, and Philo are all accepted, but unfortunately, Sling TV is left out of the fold.
Devices: Apple TV, Roku, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, and iOS and Android devices
If you’re always on the move, it’s a great idea to download the Lifetime app. The same subscriptions that unlock live programming on the Lifetime site will also let you watch full new episodes and movies.
New to cord-cutting? Here are our picks for the best movie streaming sites of 2018 and free live TV apps and channels. If you’re looking for a specific channel, here’s how to watch HBO, Showtime, Starz, Sundance TV, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, Willow, AMC, FX, Fox News, Freeform, MSNBC, CNN, CNBC, FS1, TBS, TNT, Tennis Channel, Golf Channel, Syfy, HGTV, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, Bravo, Discovery, PBS, the CW, BBC, CSPAN, NBA TV, MTV, Comedy Central, Food Network, TLC, HLN, A&E, Animal Planet, National Geographic, the Weather Channel, the History Channel, and NFL RedZone without cable, as well as free movies on YouTube. If you’re on the move, here’s how to watch Fox Sports Go and live stream NBC Sports.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.