- A police union is urging its officers to post ‘The Punisher’ logo Monday 7:33 PM
- Redditors call for a Nestlé boycott through memes Monday 6:16 PM
- How a 10-second Disney jingle became a meme in Thailand Monday 4:48 PM
- Instagram users share photos showing gruesome killing of 17-year-old Bianca Devins Monday 4:33 PM
- The horror game banned for mocking China’s president probably isn’t coming back Monday 3:31 PM
- Cheap vibrators, condoms, and lube: The most satisfying Amazon Prime Day deals Monday 3:07 PM
- George R.R. Martin says fan backlash won’t affect his ‘Game of Thrones’ ending Monday 3:03 PM
- The very finest Area 51 memes Monday 2:52 PM
- Tweet map ranks states where people are boycotting Amazon Prime Day Monday 1:54 PM
- Lil Nas X says he will perform at Area 51 for free Monday 12:56 PM
- The best Prime Day deals for gamers Monday 12:53 PM
- How Republicans are dancing around Trump’s racist tweets Monday 12:42 PM
- Not even anti-immigrant groups are defending Trump’s ‘go back’ tweets Monday 12:37 PM
- Netflix’s latest chase thriller ‘Point Blank’ lacks electricity Monday 12:27 PM
- Jay Inslee floats Megan Rapinoe as his secretary of state pick Monday 11:33 AM
Here are the best ways to keep up with your favorite college teams.
You can’t be a true sports fan without at least a little interest in good ol’ college athletics. It says something that the NCAA, like the NFL, is a powerful giant that results in the building of huge stadiums, massive fan gatherings, and blushing media coverage. There’s no shortage of ways to keep up with your alma mater (or whatever college you profess love for), and ESPNU is one of the best ways to do it. Thankfully, Plenty of streaming services offer ESPNU, so you can cut the cord and ditch expensive cable subscriptions. No matter what sport you follow, here’s everything you need to know to watch an ESPNU live stream.
What is ESPNU?
ESPNU was formally launched back in 2005, and as of 2015 provided college sports programming to 73 million households. ESPNU has coverage rights for the American Athletic Conference, the Big Ten Conference, the Pac-12 Conference, Western Athletic Conference, and more. Some of the channel’s studio shows include ESPNU Coaches Spotlight, SportsCenterU, and College Football Live.
ESPNU live stream: 5 ways to watch ESPNU online for free
WATCH: Is SlingTV worth it?
1) Sling TV
Sling TV Blue
- Cost: $25 to $40 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- Sling TV devices: Amazon Fire TVs, Android Fire Stick, Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Xbox One, Google Chromecast, and iOS and Android devices
Getting an ESPNU live stream on Sling TV isn’t so straightforward, but it’s doable. Firstly, Sling is split between two packages: Sling Orange and Sling Blue. Orange is smaller and more basic but features three ESPN channels. Blue is larger and more sports-friendly overall, but it’s missing those ESPN channels. It costs $25 for one of the packages and $40 to combine them. To get ESPNU, you’ll need to pay $5 a month for the Sling Orange Sports Extra package. That package also gets you about 90 percent of the sports content available in Sling Blue, with the exception of the NFL Network. (Here’s the complete guide to Sling TV channels.)
- Cost: $40 per month
- Hulu devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch, and iOS and Android devices
It’s exactly what it sounds like: Hulu’s on-demand library full of movies and TV shows, plus a live stream of 58 channels. You’ll get your ESNPU live stream, plus normal ESPN, ESPN 2, ESPN News, and ESPN Goal Line. Other sports networks include CBS and NBC Sports, Fox Sports 1 and 2, and NBC Golf, in case you didn’t have enough already. If you want more NFL content, you can get NFL RedZone as part of a 15-channel sports add-on. Though you won’t get Viacom channels (Comedy Central or MTV), Hulu’s entertainment options make it of the best packages out there and includes Cartoon Network, Disney Channel, FX, CW, and National Geographic. (Here’s the complete guide to Hulu Live TV channels.)
- Cost: $44.99 to $79.99 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- Devices: PlayStation 3 and 4, Roku, Amazon Fire, Google Chromecast, Kodi, iOS and Android devices
You won’t get an ESPNU live stream through PlayStation Vue’s entry-level “Access” package, but you’ll get it one step up in the $49.99 “Core” package. It’s not labeled as such, but it’s definitely the sports fan package and includes the Big Ten Network, CBS Sports, ESPN News, ESPNU, NBC Golf, MLB Network, NBA TV, the SEC Network, and the coveted NFL Network. Entertainment and news options include BBC, AMC, Cartoon Network, Discovery, HGTV, and FX. It’s a great option if you have a large family that all wants to stream at once, since the service will let you have five people going at all times. (Here’s the complete guide to PlayStation Vue channels.)
4) YouTube TV
- Cost: $49.99 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- Devices: Google Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, Xbox One, iOS and Android devices
YouTube TV offers 73 channels, and it’s very friendly for sports fans. You’ll get your ESPNU live stream, plus ESPN, ESPN 2, and ESPN News. Then there’s Fox Sports 1 and 2, LA Football Club, MLB Network, NBA TV, NBC Golf and Sports, Big Ten, and Tennis Channel. Heck, you even get the Olympic Channel. You’ll also get the core pillars of entertainment channels, including AMC, BBC, Cartoon Network, FX, NatGeo, and Syfy. You can’t add on HBO or NFL Network/RedZone, but you do have the options of Showtime or Fox Soccer Plus. (Here’s the complete guide to YouTube TV channels.)
Other ways to watch ESPNU online
If you want to watch ESPNU on desktop, you can always do so from your web browser. ESPN recommends that you run the latest version of Chrome, Safari, Firefox, or Explorer, and that you have an internet speed of at least 2 Mbps. (For a full list of system requirements, go here.) You’ll find all of the live ESPNU programming under the Watch tab. Just press the play button on the video player, and you’ll be prompted to enter your login information. ESPN accepts DirecTV Now, Hulu, Sling TV, PlayStation Vue, and YouTube TV credentials in addition to standard cable providers. Just select which one you use from the list, enter your information, and you’re set.
Watch ESPN app
Cost: Free to download, requires stream provider’s login info.
Devices: Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Android and Kindle Fire, Google Chromecast, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, and iOS and Android devices.
New to cord-cutting? Here are our picks for the best movie streaming sites of 2018 and free live TV apps and channels. If you’re looking for a specific channel, here’s how to watch HBO, Showtime, Starz, Sundance TV, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, AMC, FX, Fox News, MSNBC, CNN, CNBC, FS1, TBS, TNT, Golf Channel, Syfy, HGTV, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, Bravo, Lifetime, Discovery, PBS, the CW, BBC, CSPAN, NBA TV, MTV, Comedy Central, Food Network, TLC, HLN, A&E, Animal Planet, the Weather Channel, and NFL RedZone without cable, as well as free movies on YouTube. If you’re on the move, here’s how to watch Fox Sports Go and live stream NBC Sports.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.