- YouTube’s 2018 Rewind video is one of the most-hated videos of all time Today 12:37 PM
- Roger the buff kangaroo has died at the age of 12 Today 12:34 PM
- Elon Musk says no one is censoring his tweets Today 12:22 PM
- Netflix drops trailer for heist movie starring Ben Affleck and Oscar Isaac Today 12:18 PM
- Offset tweeted about missing Cardi B—and the internet isn’t having it Today 12:17 PM
- Why this wild Trump resignation conspiracy theory really makes a lot of sense Today 12:14 PM
- (Likely fake) photo of people having sex on Great Pyramid sparks international outrage Today 12:07 PM
- This gay Black furry is esports’ player of the year—and he’s teaching the far-right a lesson Today 12:04 PM
- Poster for ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ movie sparks memes Today 11:54 AM
- Gritty, seal with eel top Twitter’s choices for Trump’s next chief of staff Today 11:36 AM
- Police forcefully yank one-year-old baby from mother’s arms during arrest Today 10:41 AM
- ‘Watership Down’ producer warns parents that Netflix adaptation isn’t for kids Today 10:35 AM
- Don’t insult Nickelback in front of Deadpool Today 10:32 AM
- PewDiePie calls Lilly Singh an ‘idiot’ for wondering why female YouTubers aren’t top earners Today 9:40 AM
- Jack Dorsey had an amazing birthday in Myanmar, where social media enabled genocide Today 9:27 AM
From ‘South Park’ to ‘The Daily Show with Trevor Noah,’ here’s everything you need to know.
For a channel that once featured puppets making prank phone calls, Comedy Central still stands as a pillar of modern entertainment television. Less than a decade ago, Jon Stewart defined what it meant to be a political humorist, and Key & Peele continued the Chapelle Show’s legacy of biting racial humor and commentary. If you’re sick of expensive cable plans and are looking for a cheaper, more convenient streaming service, look no further. Here’s everything you need to know to watch a Comedy Central live stream.
What is Comedy Central?
Founded in 1989, Comedy Central is one of the biggest purveyors of—go figure—comedy programming. Countless stand-up specials, cartoons, sitcoms, and variety or talk shows have all rotated through its lineup at one point or another. The list of famous Comedy Central shows is long but includes South Park, Reno 911, Workaholics, Futurama, Bojack Horseman, Tosh.O, and Broad City, to name just a few. Comedy Central is also well-known for showing reruns of popular comedies like King of the Hill.
Comedy Central live stream: 3 ways to watch Comedy Central online for free
Though only a few live TV streaming services offer a Comedy Central live stream, those that do come with at least a free seven-day trial. The channel is missing from Hulu, FuboTV, YouTube TV, and PlayStation Vue.
Philo is the absolute cheapest way to get a Comedy Central live stream—and plenty of other entertainment channel live streams. That includes AMC, BBC America, Discovery, MTV, Nickelodeon, and more. Philo lacks sports channels, and your news options are limited to only BBC World News and Cheddar Big News. But there’s an add-on package that gets you BET Her, Nicktoons, and two Discovery channels among others. (Here’s a complete guide to Philo channels.)
2) Sling TV
There’s a catch with Sling TV: It’s split up between the Sling Orange package and the Sling Blue package, each with different channels. You can buy one for $25 or combine them for $40. The good news is that a Comedy Central live stream is on both. Sling Orange is a pretty basic mix of entertainment and news, and the most significant sports options are four separate ESPN channels. Sling Blue has plenty of entertainment options but definitely suits sports fans, assuming they can live without ESPN. Sling also features a wide variety of add-on packages, plus options for Spanish-speaking viewers. (Here’s a complete guide to Sling TV channels.)
3) DirecTV Now
Cost: $40 to $75 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
Devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, and Amazon Fire Stick
It’s not the cheapest plan available, but for the money, DirecTV Now is one of the best options. For the $40 entry-level “Live a Little” package, you’ll get your Comedy Central live stream, plus entertainment like BBC, AMC, FX, MTV, Syfy, and more. The news and sports options are comprehensive (ESPN, ESPN 2, Fox Sports, etc.), but you’ll want to go up to the $65 “Go Big” package if you want darn near everything. If you’ve got to have Game of Thrones, DirecTV Now is the cheapest way to get HBO for $5 a month, with similar prices for other premium channels. (Here’s a complete guide to DirecTV Now channels.)
Other ways to watch Comedy Central online
To use the Comedy Central app, you’ll need to log in with your information from a streaming service. The app is compatible with Philo and DirecTV but not with Sling TV.
You can watch a Comedy Central live stream (as well as some on-demand content) on CC.com, but you’ll have to provide a login from a valid streaming service. If you use Philo or DirecTV Now, you should be good to go. Unfortunately, Sling doesn’t make the cut.
New to cord-cutting? Here are our picks for the best movie streaming sites of 2018 and free live TV apps and channels. If you’re looking for a specific channel, here’s how to watch HBO, Showtime, Starz, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, AMC, FX, Fox News, MSNBC, CNN, CNBC, FS1, TBS, TNT, Golf Channel, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, Lifetime, Discovery, PBS, the CW, BBC, CSPAN, NBA TV, MTV, A&E, TLC, the Weather Channel, and NFL RedZone without cable, as well as free movies on YouTube. If you’re on the move, here’s how to watch Fox Sports Go and live stream NBC Sports.
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.