- How to stream U.S. vs. Canada live in the Concacaf Nations League rematch 1 Year Ago
- Dave Rubin freaks out over hoax that he didn’t eat this steak 1 Year Ago
- 20 ugly sweaters that’ll make your spirits bright 1 Year Ago
- A beginner’s guide to Mandalorians in the ‘Star Wars’ universe 1 Year Ago
- How to stream Duke vs. Georgia State live 1 Year Ago
- Plenty of NFL fans, including Samuel L. Jackson, are defending Myles Garrett on Twitter Today 9:21 AM
- Apple is banning vaping apps Today 9:15 AM
- 2019: The year Logan Paul stopped giving a f*ck about his critics Today 8:45 AM
- Why is Reddit allowing a more extreme version of r/The_Donald to be revived? Today 8:25 AM
- Redditor wants to know if he’s the a**hole for ghosting pregnant partner Thursday 8:19 PM
- How to go live on TikTok Thursday 8:08 PM
- Joey Salads suggests Democrats carried out Santa Clarita mass shooting Thursday 7:31 PM
- How influencers use TikTok to make money and launch careers Thursday 7:18 PM
- How to stream Argentina vs. Brazil live Thursday 6:51 PM
- Miss Fame calls out Justin Bieber for low music video appearance pay offer Thursday 6:19 PM
|HOW TO WATCH GOLF CHANNEL|
|HULU WITH LIVE TV||TRY NOW|
|SLING TV||TRY NOW|
You no longer need a massive cable channel from DirecTV or Dish to watch NBC’s Golf Channel. In fact, nearly every major live TV streaming service offers it in one of their packages—and for a lot cheaper than what you’re used to paying. But chances are that you’re looking for more than just a Golf Channel live stream. You need to know what else you’re going to be able to watch for your money and what devices you’ll need. The following guide tells you everything you need to know to watch the Golf Channel online and so much more.
What is the Golf Channel?
A part of the NBC Sports Group, the Golf Channel is a 24-hour specialty channel devoted to the wide world of golf. It’s where you’ll find the vast majority of the coverage for the PGA Tour, as well as the European Tour, LPGA Tour, and Asia Tour, not to mention the championships for NCAA Division I men’s and women’s golf. Since 2016, the Golf Channel has also aired the early rounds of the Open Championships, and it’s the best place to watch Ryder Cup online. But it’s not just live events. The Golf Channel also hosts tons of instructional programming, with series like Golf Channel Academy, Playing Lessons, School of Golf, and PGA Tour Champions Learning Center.
- What is ESPN+ and how does it work? Cost, features & live games
- How to stream NFL games online: A complete guide to the 2018 season
- CBS All Access takes you closer to your favorite shows
Golf Channel live stream: 6 ways to watch online
All of the major live TV streaming services—with the notable exception of YouTube TV—offer the Golf Channel. Here’s everything you need to know to watch online.
- Cost: $44.99 for your first month and $54.99 per month thereafter (after a 7-day free trial)
- FuboTV devices: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Android TV, iOS and Android devices
- FuboTV local channels: Fox, NBC, CBS (check local availability here)
FuboTV offers a stacked streaming package for sports with an Achilles heel: no ESPN offerings. But you get channels that are typically upgrades in other packages (NBA TV, NFL Network, Pac-12 Network) including in your introductory package, along with a 4K version of FS1, NBC Golf, FX and more.
- Cost: $40 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- Hulu devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch, and iOS and Android devices
- Hulu local channels: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, the CW (check your local availability here)
If you already use Hulu, the streaming service that lets you catch up quickly on all your favorite TV shows, it’s easy to upgrade to Hulu with Live TV—and cheap to do so. That’s because your $40-per-month subscription comes with Hulu with Limited Commercials (you can upgrade to Hulu No Commercials for an extra $4 per month). Hulu Live TV channels include NBC Golf, a full block of ESPN, FS1 and FS2, Big Ten Network, and CBS Sports Network, so you’re sure to get your fill of sports. You also get cable essentials like CNN, FX, and A&E (but not AMC). You can find the full list of Hulu Live TV channels and add-ons here.
3) Sling TV
- Cost: $25-$40 per month (40% off first month)
- Sling TV devices: Amazon Fire TVs, Android Fire Stick, Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Xbox One, Google Chromecast, Oculus Go, and iOS and Android devices
- Sling TV local channels: NBC, Fox (check your local availability here)
Sling TV offers a slightly cheaper way to watch Golf Channel online, but you don’t get as much bang for your buck. NBC Golf isn’t available in any of Sling TV’s basic packages. You’ll have to add the Sports Pack ($10 per month) to either the basic Sling Blue package ($25 per month) or Sling Orange + Blue ($40 per month). Sling Blue frustratingly lacks all of the ESPN channels seen below, so you’ll likely want to go big here, which would actually bring your total monthly commitment to $50 per month. You can find a complete breakdown of Sling TV channels here.
- Funny movies on Hulu when you need a good laugh
- 10 sad movies on Hulu guaranteed to make you cry
- The 10 best serial killer movies on Hulu
- Cost: $44.99-$79.99 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- PlayStation Vue devices: PlayStation 3 and 4, Roku, Amazon Fire, Google Chromecast, Kodi, iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: NBC, Fox, ABC, CBS (enter your ZIP code here to check your availability)
There are four tiers of PlayStation Vue, and all of them are considerably cheaper than what you would pay for a satellite service. The Golf Channel is available in the Core package ($49.99 per month) and above. That one includes NBA TV, MLB Network, SEC Network Extra, AMC, and a suite of ESPN channels. You can see the full list of PlayStation Vue channels here.
Cost: $40 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
Hulu devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch, and iOS and Android devices
If you’re looking for a Golf Channel app, this is it. The great thing about NBC Sports is that downloading it not only gives you access to a live stream of the Golf Channel, you can also watch any live sports from your local NBC affiliate and anything that’s on NBCSN, including daily programming like The Dan Patrick Show. The app is free to download, but in order to unlock content, you’ll have to enter credentials from your cable or live streaming provider. All of the options above will suffice.
New to cord-cutting? Here are our picks for the best movie streaming sites of 2018 and free live TV apps and channels. If you’re looking for a specific channel, here’s how to watch HBO, Showtime, Starz, Sundance TV, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, Willow, AMC, FX, Fox News, Freeform, MSNBC, CNN, CNBC, FS1, TBS, TNT, Tennis Channel, Syfy, HGTV, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, Bravo, Lifetime, Discovery, PBS, the CW, BBC, CSPAN, NBA TV, MTV, Comedy Central, Food Network, TLC, HLN, A&E, Animal Planet, National Geographic, the Weather Channel, the History Channel, and NFL RedZone without cable, as well as free movies on YouTube. If you’re on the move, here’s how to watch Fox Sports Go and live stream NBC Sports.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Austin Powell is the former managing editor of the Daily Dot. His work focuses on the intersection of entertainment and technology. He previously served as a music columnist for the Austin Chronicle and is the co-author of The Austin Chronicle Music Anthology.