- Apple warns coronavirus expected to cause iPhone ‘supply shortages’ Monday 7:59 PM
- Will ‘The Bachelor’ end without an engagement? Monday 7:44 PM
- This ‘Little Women’ scene just became a meme Monday 7:03 PM
- Playable version of Blizzard’s ‘StarCraft: Ghost’ leaks online nearly 15 years after cancelation Monday 6:31 PM
- This Twitter extension can block unsolicited nudes from your inbox Monday 6:01 PM
- Jeffree Star wears cornrows after being accused of cultural appropriation Monday 4:49 PM
- Jeff Bezos says he’ll commit $10 billion to combat climate change Monday 4:18 PM
- A TikTok user went on a mission to turn his urine blue by chugging food coloring Monday 3:55 PM
- YouTuber’s vacation in ‘Bali’ was actually staged at Ikea Monday 3:14 PM
- Video shows liquor store manager calling employee ‘f*cking worthless’ Monday 1:16 PM
- Instagram influencer scams followers out of $1.5 million Monday 12:22 PM
- Why did the Israeli military tweet this thirst trap? Monday 10:43 AM
- Jake Paul wants you to have financial freedom… by paying him a monthly fee Monday 10:40 AM
- Tweets from Sanders supporters are terrifying the establishment Monday 10:15 AM
- Zuckerberg says he supports 1 bill in Congress that would regulate Facebook Monday 10:11 AM
‘Tis the season once again! Ever year, Hallmark airs some of its most iconic (along with a few new) Christmas movies in anticipation of the holidays. This year is no different. While we’re already well into December, you still have plenty of chances to get in on the Hallmark Christmas movie action with the Hallmark Countdown to Christmas.
From a hilarious family fake-out to a movie spinoff of a beloved television series, 2019’s lineup has a little something for everyone. Here’s everything you need to know about the Hallmark Christmas movies airing for this year’s Countdown to Christmas.
|WATCH THE HALLMARK COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS|
|SLING TV||TRY NOW|
|AT&T TV NOW||TRY NOW|
2019 Hallmark Countdown to Christmas movies list
All movies start at 7pm CT/8pm ET.
1) Holiday Date
When it airs: Saturday, Dec. 14
Brooke’s boyfriend, Ethan, dumped her right before the holidays. Since she’s told her family that Ethan’s the dream boyfriend, she decides to hire a fake Ethan for their benefit. Joel, an actor, agrees to meet Brooke’s family in disguise as Ethan. However, there’s only one problem: Joel is Jewish and has never celebrated Christmas. Chaos ensues as both Joel and Brooke struggle to keep his true identity under wraps in this Hallmark Christmas movie.
When it airs: Sunday, Dec. 15
Best friends Lauren and Colleen have their dream jobs: working as personal “Christmas Coaches” to help people have the most spectacular Christmases they could ever hope for. Suddenly, they find themselves working with a freshly moved royal family from England, whose eldest son, James, couldn’t care less for the holidays. However, Lauren soon starts to work her magic on James’ cynical heart—and he works a bit of his own magic on her heart in return.
When it airs: Saturday, Dec. 21
Rebecca is in the running for a promotion at work in this Hallmark Christmas movie. Unfortunately, so is her irritating co-worker, Chris. When their boss forces them to work together to plan the office Christmas party, the two clash even more due to both their planning styles and Rebecca’s background of Hanukkah traditions. The chemistry between Rebecca and Chris is apparent as sparks fly—but will their competitive natures ruin everything?
When it airs: Sunday, Dec. 22
Liam and Sarah are the mayors of two neighboring New Hampshire towns. More importantly, they’re rivals. When it’s time for New Hampshire’s annual Christmas Spirit Competition, both of their towns unexpectedly advance to the finals. Liam and Sarah soon come to the conclusion that working together would be more productive than continuing to battle each other, and their collaboration leads to more than just a love for Christmas.
When it airs: Wednesday, Dec. 25
When Calls the Heart is an ongoing Hallmark series centering on young teacher Elizabeth Thatcher as she broadens her horizons past her privileged upbringing. Home for Christmas, a holiday movie special, features all the key characters from the main series. In this film, Elizabeth is simultaneously mourning her husband’s death and preparing for her son’s first Christmas. Meanwhile, her loved ones are struggling with new beginnings, fraught love triangles, and all the hurt and healing of the holidays.
How to stream Hallmark Christmas movies
If you want to watch Hallmark Christmas movies, you’ll want access to both the Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movies and Mysteries. The two channels will basically split the premieres for the Countdown to Christmas (complete schedule below). But not every live TV streaming service offers both channels in the same package, and some (Hulu with Live TV and YouTube TV) don’t carry either one. Thankfully, each of the services below offers a free trial, so you can get started without breaking the bank or making a long-term commitment. Here’s what you need to know to stream Hallmark Christmas movies.
1) Sling TV
- Cost: $25 to $40 per month (40% off first month) for Sling TV | $5 per month for Hallmark
- Sling TV devices: Amazon Fire TVs, Android Fire Stick, Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Xbox One, Google Chromecast, Oculus Go, and iOS and Android devices
Sling TV is split up between two packages. You can choose whether to pay $25 per month for a single package or double up for $40. Either way, the Hallmark add-on—and thus unlimited access to Hallmark Christmas movies—will cost an additional $5 per month. Moreover, if premium channels are your thing, Sling has plenty to pick from at competitive prices. (Here’s the complete guide to Sling TV channels.)
- Cost: $44.99 for your first month and $54.99 per month thereafter
- FuboTV devices: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Android TV, iOS and Android devices
- FuboTV local channels: Fox, NBC, CBS (check local availability here)
For what’s largely considered a sports streaming service, FuboTV has a surprisingly well-rounded collection of channels that includes both the Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movies and Mysteries. Even better, FuboTV comes with 30 hours of cloud DVR, so you can record plenty of Hallmark Christmas movies. (Here’s the complete FuboTV channels list.)
3) AT&T TV Now
- Cost: $50-$135 per month
- Hulu devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: NBC, CBS, Fox, ABC, the CW (enter your ZIP code here to check your availability)
There’s a good chance that you’re already looking to AT&T for your wireless needs. The second you sign up you’ll gain instant access to 45+ channels, including local channels and even free HBO on PLUS and MAX channel suites. Plus, it comes with CloudDVR which lets you record up to 20 hours of TV per month. One account works on two devices, but you can add more devices for only $5.
Other ways to watch Hallmark Christmas movies
Cost: Free to download, login required to access Hallmark movies
Devices: Roku, Apple TV, web browsers, iOS and Android devices
Traveling for the holidays? Hallmark Everywhere, a free app, makes it easy to watch Hallmark Christmas movies no matter where you are. Your login credentials for FuboTV or PlayStation Vue will suffice, but for some reason (presumably because it’s only available as an add-on) you can’t use Sling TV. It’s unclear if DirecTV Now works, but DirecTV definitely does.
- The best Christmas movies on Netflix
- The best Christmas movies on Hulu
- Free live TV: The best apps for TV shows and channels
- All of the Hallmark movies on Netflix
Cost: $4.99 per month (with 12-month commitment) or $5.99 per month
Devices: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Android TV, Chromecast, Android and iOS devices
Hallmark Movies Now is Hallmark’s standalone subscription service. It’s worth noting that you won’t be able to watch any of the Hallmark Christmas movies from the three channels discussed at length above. They’re all mutually exclusive services. However, on Oct. 29, Hallmark Movies Now will be stuffing its stocking full of holiday movies in its Mistletoes and Movies section.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
New to cord-cutting? Here are our picks for the best movie streaming sites of 2019 and free live TV apps and channels. If you’re looking for a specific channel, here’s how to watch HBO, Showtime, Starz, Sundance TV, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, Willow, AMC, FX, Fox News, Freeform, MSNBC, CNN, CNBC, FS1, TBS, TNT, Tennis Channel, Golf Channel, Syfy, HGTV, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, Bravo, Lifetime, Discovery, PBS, the CW, BBC, CSPAN, NBA TV, MTV, Comedy Central, Food Network, TLC, HLN, A&E, Animal Planet, National Geographic, the Weather Channel, the History Channel, and NFL RedZone without cable, as well as free movies on YouTube. If you’re on the move, here’s how to watch Fox Sports Go and live stream NBC Sports.
Anna Maria Ward is the social media editor of the Daily Dot. Her work focuses on the intersections of entertainment, pop culture, and social justice. She previously contributed to the Houston Chronicle and Orange magazine.