- Report: Disney yanks YouTube ad spending following child exploitation accusations Wednesday 7:56 PM
- These people are organizing Fyre Fest live-action role-play parties Wednesday 6:35 PM
- White woman berates Mexican restaurant manager for speaking Spanish Wednesday 4:12 PM
- In Pixar short ‘Kitbull,’ a cat and pit bull become unlikely friends Wednesday 3:48 PM
- Stop exploiting the Jussie Smollett case to discredit LGBTQ hate crime victims Wednesday 3:28 PM
- The best Netflix original movies of 2019 Wednesday 3:20 PM
- Pinterest is reportedly blocking vaccination searches Wednesday 2:53 PM
- Nike’s self-lacing smart sneakers malfunction days after release Wednesday 2:50 PM
- How to quickly get the Havoc weapon in Apex Legends Wednesday 2:48 PM
- The truth behind the anti-LGBTQ emoji controversy Wednesday 1:37 PM
- Tristan Thompson disables Instagram comments after reports he cheated on Khloe Kardashian Wednesday 11:25 AM
- Introducing ‘boner culture,’ this Gamergate blogger’s latest cause Wednesday 11:16 AM
- HBO debuts trailer for controversial Michael Jackson doc ‘Leaving Neverland’ Wednesday 10:46 AM
- Christian woman refuses to do taxes for lesbian married couple Wednesday 10:43 AM
- Political campaigns will be snooping on your phones in 2020 Wednesday 10:43 AM
It’s always Christmas time on the Hallmark Channel.
The Hallmark Channel’s annual Countdown to Christmas has come and gone, but there’s no reason why you need to wait a year for more Hallmark Christmas movies. There’s plenty to enjoy year-round. Here’s everything you need to know to get a Hallmark Channel live stream for free and where you’ll find Hallmark Movies & Mysteries.
Hallmark Channel live stream: How to watch online for free
There’s a lot of competition when it comes to live TV streaming services, and most of them offer the Hallmark Channel. Not sure which one is right for you? Here’s all of the essential info you need. And don’t worry: Each service offers a one-week free trial, and unlike with cable, you don’t have to worry about long-term contract commitments.
- Cost: $39.99 for your first month and $44.99 per month thereafter (after a seven-day free trial)
- FuboTV devices: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Android TV, iOS and Android devices
When you think about the Hallmark Channel, FuboTV is probably not the first streaming service that comes to mind. It has a reputation as a sports-centric service, thanks to its focus on international soccer and inclusion of specialty channels like NFL Network and NBA TV, not to mention college networks like the Pac-12 Network and Big Ten Network. (Here’s the complete FuboTV channels list.)
- Cost: $16 per month (after a seven-day free trial)
- Philo devices: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, iOS and Android devices
Philo is the cheapest live TV streaming option on the market, and it’s not even close. If you’re on a budget, there’s no better way to get a Hallmark Channel live stream, and you get Hallmark Drama and Hallmark Movies & Mysteries to boot. What more could you ask for for $16 per month? How about AMC, MTV, A&E, Comedy Central, and VH1? Somehow, you get free cloud DVR too.
3) Sling TV
- Cost: $25-$40 per month (after a seven-day free trial)
- Sling TV devices: Amazon Fire TVs, Android Fire Stick, Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Xbox One, Google Chromecast, Oculus Go, and iOS and Android devices
You have to jump through a couple of hoops to get the Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movies & Mysteries on Sling TV, but it’s worth it. If you subscribe to either Sling Orange or Sling Blue, either of which costs $25 per month, you can add the Lifestyle Extra package for just $5 per month. That brings your minimum cost to $30 per month, but it might be worth upgrading to Sling Orange + Blue ($40 per month) to get the best of both channel packages. (Here’s a complete guide to Sling TV channels.)
3) DirecTV Now
- Cost: $40-$75 per month (after a seven-day free trial)
- DirecTV Now devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, and Amazon Fire Stick
If you have DirecTV, why not cut the cord and save a ton of money? Depending on which channel package you select, you can get most of the channels you’re used to. The service now offers free cloud DVR, making it one of the better deals on the market—especially since you can add HBO for just $5 per month. (You can view the full DirecTV Now channels list here.)
- Cost: $44.99-$79.99 per month (after a seven-day free trial)
- PlayStation Vue devices: PlayStation 3 and 4, Roku, Amazon Fire, Google Chromecast, Kodi, iOS and Android devices
For what it will cost you—$59.99 to get the Elite package—there are much better options on the market than PlayStation Vue, but for that cost, you’ll also get a ton of specialty sports channels (NFL Network, NBA TV, MLB Network, etc.) and one of the better streaming experiences. (Here are all of the PlayStation Vue channels.)
Other ways to watch Hallmark movies
1) Hallmark Everywhere
- Cost: Free to download, login required to access Hallmark movies
- Devices: Roku, Apple TV, web browsers, iOS, and Android devices
If you subscribe to FuboTV or PlayStation Vue, do yourself a favor and download this app. (Unfortunately, it’s not available to Sling TV or DirecTV Now subscribers.) This way, you can watch on-demand no matter where you travel.
2) Hallmark Movies Now
- Cost: $4.99 per month (with 12-month commitment) or $5.99 per month
- Devices: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Android TV, Chromecast, Android and iOS devices
Note: This is a complete separate streaming service, and the movies that you’ll find here won’t overlap with what’s available on the Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Everywhere. But if you’re looking for older Hallmark movies and a deep catalog to take comfort in anytime you’re feeling lonely or nostalgic, this service will surely suffice.
New to cord-cutting? Here are our picks for the best movie streaming sites of 2018 and free live TV apps and channels. If you’re looking for a specific channel, here’s how to watch HBO, Showtime, Starz, Sundance TV, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, AMC, FX, Fox News, Freeform, MSNBC, CNN, CNBC, FS1, TBS, TNT, Tennis Channel, Golf Channel, Syfy, HGTV, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, Bravo, Lifetime, Discovery, PBS, the CW, BBC, CSPAN, NBA TV, MTV, Comedy Central, Food Network, TLC, HLN, A&E, Animal Planet, National Geographic, the Weather Channel, the History Channel, and NFL RedZone without cable, as well as free movies on YouTube. If you’re on the move, here’s how to watch Fox Sports Go and live stream NBC Sports.
Austin Powell is the managing editor of the Daily Dot. His work focuses on the intersection of entertainment and technology. He previously served as a music columnist for the Austin Chronicle and is the co-author of The Austin Chronicle Music Anthology.