- Cara Delevingne calls out Justin Bieber for ‘ranking’ wife Hailey’s friends Friday 9:07 PM
- Fans defend Jenna Marbles after some people claimed she mistreated her dogs in a recent video Friday 8:37 PM
- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
- Why you should drop everything and start reading ‘Lore Olympus’ Friday 6:27 PM
- ‘Boogaloo’ memes are trying to organize a second civil war—and they’re spreading fast Friday 3:48 PM
- People are disturbed by these McDonald’s-scented candles Friday 3:47 PM
- Season 2 of ‘The Witcher’ is in production Friday 3:16 PM
- Here are some cringey billboards Bloomberg ran in Arizona Friday 2:51 PM
- PewDiePie returns to YouTube after 37-day hiatus Friday 2:01 PM
- Why was a Republican Party Facebook page co-managed by someone in Turkmenistan? Friday 1:26 PM
- The shorthand guide to ‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars’ Friday 1:07 PM
- Congress urges Tinder to screen for sex offenders Friday 1:03 PM
- Video shows 9-year-old threatening suicide after being bullied Friday 12:01 PM
- Ex-Goldman Sachs CEO says he might vote Trump because Sanders is too mean to him Friday 11:40 AM
- Twitch streamer says she was banned for body painting Friday 11:39 AM
No. 15 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (10-2) come to sunny Orlando to take on tough Big 12 representative Iowa State Cyclones (7-5) for a Saturday afternoon matchup at Camping World Stadium in the Camping World Bowl. This will be the first time the football programs have ever faced each other, though both schools have been around for at least a century.
Notre Dame quarterback Ian Book was steady, passing for 2,787 yards, 33 touchdowns and six interceptions, with 516 rushing yards and four additional scores. Tight end Chase Claypool needs 109 receiving yards to achieve an impressive 1,000-yard season. The big, fast Irish defense is ranked No. 21 in the country and makes its money locking down receivers and taking away big plays.
Iowa State is a classic case of a team being better than its record indicates and could surprise in its third-consecutive bowl appearance under head coach Matt Campbell. The Cyclones’ five losses were by total of 21 points, with one-point losses to Iowa and (College Football Playoff entrant) Oklahoma and a two-point loss to Baylor. Iowa State quarterback Brock Purdy passed for 3,760 yards, 27 touchdowns, and nine picks on a 66.3% passing percentage.
Expect a game that will be closer than it would appear on paper.
Here’s how to watch Notre Dame vs. Iowa State in the Camping World Bowl.
|HOW TO STREAM CAMPING WORLD BOWL|
|SLING TV||TRY NOW|
|HULU WITH LIVE TV||TRY NOW|
— UHND.com (@uhnd) December 23, 2019
Camping World Bowl
- Location: Camping World Stadium, Orlando
- Date: Dec. 28, 12pm ET
- Streaming: ABC
How to stream Notre Dame vs. Iowa State live: Watch the Camping World Bowl
The following services offer a one-week trial.
1) Sling TV
- Sling TV pricing: $30-$45 per month ($10 off first month)
- Sling TV devices: Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Xbox One, Google Chromecast, Oculus Go, Microsoft Edge, and iOS and Android devices
- Sling TV local channels: NBC, Fox (check your local availability here)
Sling offers a ton of live sports. Sling TV provides two base channel package options, each priced at $30 per month. Sling Orange includes three ESPN channels, while Sling Blue includes sports channels like NFL Network, NBCSN, and local channels. If you’re Team “Why Not Both,” Sling Orange + Blue combines the two for just $45 per month. Sports Extra: Sling Blue ($10 per month) also includes NFL RedZone.
Other features include a Free Cloud DVR tier for all subscribers (allowing 10 hours of recording a month), the ability to record all live linear channels, and no VOD preemption on any channels. New subscribers get $10 off the first month.
How to use AirTV with Sling
AirTV solves one of Sling’s biggest problems: The inability to receive all of your local channels. By purchasing a basic AirTV for $79.99 or the AirTV Player for $119.99, you can merge those local channels into your Sling TV, (or on your mobile device if you have the basic AirTV). As the Daily Dot wrote in its AirTV review, “It’s practically magic.”
The basic AirTV is a dual-tuner streaming device, while the AirTV Player is basically an upgraded Chromecast that has Netflix preinstalled. You’ll still need to own an HD antenna because even though AirTV gets you access to your local channels, it doesn’t actually physically show them to you.
But AirTV—which has no monthly fee—serves to strengthen one of Sling’s biggest weaknesses compared to other live streaming services like Hulu with Live TV, YouTube TV, and PlayStation Vue. All those services have plenty of local channels. While select NFL and college football games (on Fox, FS1, and FS2) are no longer on Sling, you can still catch Fox games with AirTV.
- Cost: $54.99 per month
- Hulu devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch, and iOS and Android devices
- Hulu local channels: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, the CW (check your local availability here)
Hulu with Live TV includes sports programming among its offerings, including ESPN and FS1, and as a subscriber to the service, you’ll get free access to Hulu’s sizable on-demand library. (Check out the full list of Hulu Live TV channels.)
3) YouTube TV
- Cost: $50 per month
- YouTube TV devices: Google Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, Xbox One, iOS and Android devices
- YouTube TV local channels: NBC, CBS, Fox, ABC, the CW (enter your ZIP code here to check your availability)
YouTube TV is a great option for college football: Fox, ABC, NBC, CBS, FS1, FS2, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN News, and ESPNU are all here and offer a nearly 360 programming platter of action. (Take a look at the full list of YouTube TV channels here.)
Camping World Bowl: Why it matters
Iowa State’s aerial attack will surely test Notre Dame’s physical pass defense in a matchup of strength vs. strength. Brock Purdy has to be able to get the ball to first team All-Big 12 tight end Charlie Kolar and underrated wide receiver Deshaunte Jones, who had 72 catches for 832 yards and two touchdowns. Wide receiver Tarique Milton is the big-play threat for the Cyclones, averaging 20.9 yards per reception.
To boot, Purdy can also run the ball himself.
Notre Dame has an edge with overall team depth, so going toe-to-toe won’t be the best idea—but big plays can keep the Cyclones in it until the end.
New to cord-cutting? Here are our picks for the best movie streaming sites of 2018 and free live TV apps and channels. If you’re looking for a specific channel, here’s how to watch HBO, Showtime, Starz, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, AMC, FX, Fox News, MSNBC, CNN, CNBC, FS1, TBS, TNT, Golf Channel, Syfy, HGTV, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, Bravo, Lifetime, Discovery, PBS, the CW, BBC, CSPAN, NBA TV, MTV, Comedy Central, Food Network, TLC, the Weather Channel, and NFL RedZone without cable, as well as free movies on YouTube. If you’re on the move, here’s how to watch Fox Sports Go and live stream NBC Sports.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Kahron Spearman is a music and film critic whose work can also regularly be regularly found in the Austin Chronicle.