- These high school theater kids put on a totally awesome ‘Alien’ play Saturday 3:59 PM
- Behold these photos of Elon Musk, but with Elizabeth Holmes’ eyes Saturday 3:11 PM
- Barbra Streisand gets canceled over remarks about Michael Jackson’s alleged victims Saturday 2:09 PM
- Report: Florida man raped Texas teen after posing as Instagram celeb Saturday 12:14 PM
- Lori Loughlin’s daughters, Olivia and Isabella, could be banned from USC forever Saturday 11:46 AM
- ‘Starfish’ is a heartbreaking tale of BFFs, grief, and apocalyptic alien invasions Saturday 10:35 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 148 for free Saturday 10:00 AM
- The kids are making scantron memes instead of studying Saturday 9:29 AM
- Every installment of Hulu’s ‘Into the Dark,’ ranked Saturday 6:00 AM
- The internet is mocking Robert Mueller’s report deadline Friday 7:53 PM
- Instagram blocks some anti-vax hashtags—but still has far to go Friday 6:20 PM
- Study: Netflix released more originals than licensed titles last year Friday 2:26 PM
- Laura Ingraham, Dinesh D’Souza slam journalist for having a job Friday 1:40 PM
- Netflix is testing a cheap-as-hell mobile-only plan Friday 1:08 PM
- Astrology app Co-Star’s bizarre push notifications are now a meme Friday 12:18 PM
From the latest indie film to a cutthroat thriller, here’s everything you need to know.
Discovering and watching quality films on television shouldn’t be a chore, but leave it to cable companies to keep things pricey and complicated. Thankfully, streaming services have leveled the playing field when it comes to getting what you want with as little hassle as possible. If you’re reading this, you’re likely looking for an easier way to watch Sundance TV. Fear not, intrepid filmgoer. We’ve got you covered. Here’s everything you need to know to watch a Sundance TV live stream online.
What is Sundance TV?
Sundance TV, like the similarly named film festival, airs quality movies that mainstream audiences might not have caught onto yet. You can bet some future award winners make their way through the channel. In recent years, Sundance TV has also produced original series like Deutschland 83, The Restaurant, and The Bureau. You can check out Sundance TV’s complete list of series here and list of films here.
Sundance TV live stream: 6 ways to watch Sundance TV online for free
With the notable exception of Hulu, Sundance TV is available on most major live TV streaming services (though you may have to opt for an add-on or higher level package). There are plenty of great options, and all come with at least a free seven-day trial.
- Cost: $44.99-$79.99 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- PlayStation Vue devices: PlayStation 3 and 4, Roku, Amazon Fire, Google Chromecast, Kodi, iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: NBC, Fox, ABC, CBS (enter your ZIP code here to check your availability)
To get a Sundance TV live stream, you’ll want PlayStation Vue’s second-level package, the $49.99 “Core.” Besides Sundance TV, you’ll get entertainment options like BBC, four ESPNs, AMC, FX, IFC, NBA TV, NFL Network, Syfy, and more. There’s also a sports add-on package that gets you a ton of extra ESPN, Fox, and NFL content. If you want specific premium channels, you can add them a la carte. (Here’s the complete guide to PlayStation Vue channels.)
- Cost: $16 per month
- Philo devices: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, iOS and Android devices
When it comes to live streaming entertainment TV, you won’t find a cheaper price than Philo. You’ll get your Sundance TV live stream, plus AMC, BBC America, Comedy Central, Hallmark, and IFC, to name just a few. Philo’s news options are limited, however, and its channel line-up doesn’t include sports. (Here’s the complete guide to Philo channels)
3) Sling TV
- Cost: $25-$40 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- Sling TV devices: Amazon Fire TVs, Android Fire Stick, Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Xbox One, Google Chromecast, Oculus Go, and iOS and Android devices
- Sling TV local channels: NBC, Fox (check your local availability here)
Sling TV is an odd beast, but depending how you tackle it, you might save a buck. The service is split up between two packages: Sling Orange and Sling Blue. Each one costs $25 alone, or you can pay $40 a month to have both. Sling Orange is a fairly succinct blend of entertainment, news, and ESPN. Sports fans will want Sling Blue (so long as they can live without ESPN). To get a Sundance TV live stream on either, you’ll need to opt in at $5 a month for the “Hollywood Extra” package, which also includes Reelz, Fandor Festival, TCM, Cinemoi, the Film Detective, and HDNet Movies. (Here’s the complete guide to Sling TV channels.)
- Cost: $39.99 for your first month and $44.99 per month thereafter (after a 7-day free trial)
- FuboTV devices: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Android TV, iOS and Android devices
- FuboTV local channels: Fox, NBC, CBS (check local availability here)
With 85 channels, FuboTV is a dream for sports lovers—so long as you can live without ESPN. You’ll get your Sundance TV live stream, plus IFC, AMC, BBC, FX, Hallmark, Syfy, and plenty more. In the way of sports, you’ll get Fox Sports 1 and 2, the Big Ten Network, CBS and NBC Sports, and perhaps most importantly, the NFL Network. Fubo is also one of the friendliest services for Spanish and Portuguese-speaking households, with a base package for Latino families as well as some add-on options. There are also some specialized sports add-ons, including one that will get you NFL RedZone. (Here’s the complete guide to FuboTV channels.)
5) YouTube TV
- Cost: $40 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- YouTube TV devices: Google Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, Xbox One, iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: NBC, CBS, Fox, ABC, the CW (enter your ZIP code here to check your availability)
With 73 channels, YouTube TV is a solid option for streaming both entertainment and sports content. You’ll get your Sundance TV live stream, plus IFC, BBC, FX, AMC, and more. Sports fans will appreciate having four ESPN channels to choose from, plus Fox Sports 1 and 2, the MLB Network, and NBA TV. Film lovers might dig the add-ons, which include AMC Premiere, Showtime, and Starz. (Here’s the complete guide to YouTube TV channels.)
6) DirecTV Now
- Cost: $40-$75 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- DirecTV Now devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, and Amazon Fire Stick
- Local channels: ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, the CW (enter your ZIP code here to check local availability)
For the money, there’s no better bang for your buck than DirecTV Now. To get a Sundance TV live stream, you’ll need to opt for the “Just Right” package, which runs you $55 per month. You won’t go wanting for any other entertainment channel, and sports options are solid, though true fans might want to go even higher to the $65 “Go Big” package for extra channels. If you need your HBO, DirecTV Now offers the cheapest add-on at $5 a month, with similar prices for Showtime, Cinemax, and Starz. (Here’s the complete guide to DirecTV Now channels.)
Other ways to watch Sundance TV online
Sundance TV allows you to watch a live stream of its content from the comfort of your laptop or desktop computer so long as you subscribe to an applicable service. If you subscribe to Philo, Fubo, YouTube TV, DirecTV Now, and PlayStation Vue, you’re good to go (Sling TV customers unfortunately don’t have access). Just go to Sundancetv.com, click the “sign in” button on the top right, and provide your login info. You’ll then be able to watch a live stream of content by clicking the “Schedule” tab.
The Sundance Now app is the Sundance group’s way of allowing fans to watch on-demand Sundance content. It’s available on iOS, Android, Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, and Xbox One. That said, it’s a separate, paid service. You can subscribe annually for $4.99 a month (so $60 a year) or $6.99 per month with no commitment.
New to cord-cutting? Here are our picks for the best movie streaming sites of 2018 and free live TV apps and channels. If you’re looking for a specific channel, here’s how to watch HBO, Showtime, Starz, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, Willow, AMC, FX, Fox News, Freeform, MSNBC, CNN, CNBC, FS1, TBS, TNT, Tennis Channel, Golf Channel, Syfy, HGTV, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, Bravo, Lifetime, Discovery, PBS, the CW, BBC, CSPAN, NBA TV, MTV, Comedy Central, Food Network, TLC, HLN, A&E, Animal Planet, National Geographic, the Weather Channel, the History Channel, and NFL RedZone without cable, as well as free movies on YouTube. If you’re on the move, here’s how to watch Fox Sports Go and live stream NBC Sports.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.