- People are sharing photos of how much they’ve changed in a decade 8 Months Ago
- A few of our favorite things on Newegg are on sale for Black Friday 8 Months Ago
- Disney adds ‘Bob’s Burgers’ movie back to release schedule after accidentally yanking it 8 Months Ago
- Ocasio-Cortez launches petition demanding Stephen Miller’s resignation Today 1:24 PM
- Prince Andrew’s defense against child sex crimes stokes conspiracy theory flames Today 1:20 PM
- More people may be looking to cancel Disney+ than Netflix Today 1:09 PM
- Monday Night Football: How to stream Chiefs vs. Chargers live Today 1:00 PM
- After days of deadly protests, Iran implements ‘largest internet shutdown ever’ Today 12:55 PM
- ‘Disney Plus and thrust’ is apparently the new Netflix and Chill Today 12:32 PM
- Woman fired, sued after coworker shared their sexts Today 12:22 PM
- Group running GoFundMe for border wall breaks ground without permits Today 11:47 AM
- Biden says he won’t support federal legalization of marijuana Today 11:42 AM
- People can’t get enough of ‘Baby Yoda’ Today 11:41 AM
- ‘The Crown’ season 3 switches its cast but loses none of its intrigue Today 11:23 AM
- Protesters occupying Hong Kong university post last wishes to Twitter as police move in Today 11:19 AM
The second FA Cup semifinal concludes on Sunday in London with two historic and, more recently, middle-of-the-pack clubs, Wolves and Watford. It’s the eighth time these two teams clash in the knockout competition, the 15th FA Cup semifinal for Wolves, and the seventh for Watford. Both likewise come in evenly matched, separated by only a point in the English Premier League standings, and in seventh and eighth place, respectively. Here is everything you need to know to watch the Watford vs. Wolves live stream for free.
FA Cup semifinal: Watford vs. Wolves
- When: 11:00am ET, Sunday, April 7
- Where: Wembley Stadium in London
- Watch: ESPN+
FA Cup live stream: How to watch Watford vs. Wolves for free
- Cost: $4.99 per month or $49.99 for 12 months (after a free 7-day trial)
- Devices: Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Android and Kindle Fire, Google Chromecast, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, iOS and Android devices
The FA Cup will be broadcast exclusively online through ESPN+ this year, a development which makes the $4.99 per month price for the service look even cheaper. Thankfully, you can get started with a one-week trial, allowing you to watch Watford vs. Wales for free. For those of you wondering what ESPN+ is, the new streaming platform launched by ESPN last year has the rights to thousands of live broadcasts of leagues such as the MLB, NHL, Boxing, the English FA Cup, the Carabao Cup, the English League Championship, and the Italian Serie A, not to mention 20 exclusive UFC Fight Night events each year.
There are plenty of other reasons to subscribe too. ESPN+ is where you’ll find original series like Kobe Bryant’s Detail and NBA: Year One. Then there’s the entire 30 for 30 catalog—all 150-plus entries and counting—which you can download and watch on-demand. You’ll also gain access to exclusive articles and see fewer ads across the ESPN network. That’s a helluva bargain for $4.99 per month.
Watford vs. Wolves: Why it matters
In the EPL, there are six giants with more money than the rest of the competition. Any soccer fan can rattle them off without blinking: Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea, and Tottenham. But after that, Wolves and Watford can hold their own—overachieving this season and outclassing the “other guys” tier in the table. It’s kind of a perennial purgatory, though, because by April you’re too far behind in the points race to contend and too ahead to worry about finishing near the relegation zone. Watford has 46 points, Wolves 47, and whichever club finishes in seventh place wins a bid in next year’s Europa League—a prize with all the sizzle of winning a Ford Fiesta on Wheel of Fortune.
It makes the historic FA Cup the shining, attainable end game for two smartly managed, internationally flavored clubs. An injury may sideline Watford’s star scorer Roberto Pereyra. This week Wolves made it official and signed its star striker Raul Jimenez to a long-term deal. The timing ain’t great for Watford.
New to cord-cutting? Here are our picks for the best movie streaming sites of 2019 and free live TV apps and channels. If you’re looking for premium services, here’s how to watch HBO, Showtime, and Starz online. Want a specific channel? Here’s how to stream A&E, AMC, Animal Planet, BBC, Bravo, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, CNN, CNBC, C-SPAN, Comedy Central, the CW, Discovery, Disney Channel, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, Food Network, Fox News, Freeform, FS1 and FS2, FX, Golf Channel, Hallmark, HGTV, History Channel, HLN, Lifetime, MSNBC, MTV, National Geographic, NBA TV, Nickelodeon, PBS, Sundance TV, Syfy, TBS, Tennis Channel, TLC, TNT, the Weather Channel, Willow, VH1, and NFL RedZone without cable, as well as free movies on YouTube. If you’re on the move, here’s how to watch Fox Sports Go and live stream NBC Sports.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Ramon Ramirez is the news director, and formerly the Dot's entertainment editor and evening editor. His work has appeared in the Washington Post, Grantland, Washington City Paper, Austin American-Statesman, and Austin Monitor.