- Philadelphia to fire 13 officers for racist, violent Facebook posts Saturday 6:12 PM
- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Saturday 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Saturday 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Saturday 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream (updated) Saturday 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Saturday 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Saturday 9:06 AM
- The crushing effects of Trump’s abortion ‘gag rule’ on healthcare Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to live stream Pacquiao vs. Thurman Saturday 6:20 AM
- Review: Hulu with Live TV ensures you always have something to watch Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to live stream UFC on ESPN 4: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Leon Edwards Saturday 5:49 AM
- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Friday 3:19 PM
- Journalists horrified by consolidation of Gatehouse, Gannett Friday 3:12 PM
Silvi Photo/Shutterstock (Licensed)
Two evenly matched teams desperate for a trophy meet. This one should come down to who’s healthy.
The second FA Cup semifinal concludes on Sunday in London with two historic and, more recently, middle-of-the-pack clubs, Wolves and Watford. It’s the eighth time these two teams clash in the knockout competition, the 15th FA Cup semifinal for Wolves, and the seventh for Watford. Both likewise come in evenly matched, separated by only a point in the English Premier League standings, and in seventh and eighth place, respectively. Here is everything you need to know to watch the Watford vs. Wolves live stream for free.
FA Cup semifinal: Watford vs. Wolves
- When: 11:00am ET, Sunday, April 7
- Where: Wembley Stadium in London
- Watch: ESPN+
FA Cup live stream: How to watch Watford vs. Wolves for free
- Cost: $4.99 per month or $49.99 for 12 months (after a free 7-day trial)
- Devices: Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Android and Kindle Fire, Google Chromecast, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, iOS and Android devices
The FA Cup will be broadcast exclusively online through ESPN+ this year, a development which makes the $4.99 per month price for the service look even cheaper. Thankfully, you can get started with a one-week trial, allowing you to watch Watford vs. Wales for free. For those of you wondering what ESPN+ is, the new streaming platform launched by ESPN last year has the rights to thousands of live broadcasts of leagues such as the MLB, NHL, Boxing, the English FA Cup, the Carabao Cup, the English League Championship, and the Italian Serie A, not to mention 20 exclusive UFC Fight Night events each year.
There are plenty of other reasons to subscribe too. ESPN+ is where you’ll find original series like Kobe Bryant’s Detail and NBA: Year One. Then there’s the entire 30 for 30 catalog—all 150-plus entries and counting—which you can download and watch on-demand. You’ll also gain access to exclusive articles and see fewer ads across the ESPN network. That’s a helluva bargain for $4.99 per month.
Watford vs. Wolves: Why it matters
In the EPL, there are six giants with more money than the rest of the competition. Any soccer fan can rattle them off without blinking: Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea, and Tottenham. But after that, Wolves and Watford can hold their own—overachieving this season and outclassing the “other guys” tier in the table. It’s kind of a perennial purgatory, though, because by April you’re too far behind in the points race to contend and too ahead to worry about finishing near the relegation zone. Watford has 46 points, Wolves 47, and whichever club finishes in seventh place wins a bid in next year’s Europa League—a prize with all the sizzle of winning a Ford Fiesta on Wheel of Fortune.
It makes the historic FA Cup the shining, attainable end game for two smartly managed, internationally flavored clubs. An injury may sideline Watford’s star scorer Roberto Pereyra. This week Wolves made it official and signed its star striker Raul Jimenez to a long-term deal. The timing ain’t great for Watford.
New to cord-cutting? Here are our picks for the best movie streaming sites of 2019 and free live TV apps and channels. If you’re looking for premium services, here’s how to watch HBO, Showtime, and Starz online. Want a specific channel? Here’s how to stream A&E, AMC, Animal Planet, BBC, Bravo, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, CNN, CNBC, C-SPAN, Comedy Central, the CW, Discovery, Disney Channel, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, Food Network, Fox News, Freeform, FS1 and FS2, FX, Golf Channel, Hallmark, HGTV, History Channel, HLN, Lifetime, MSNBC, MTV, National Geographic, NBA TV, Nickelodeon, PBS, Sundance TV, Syfy, TBS, Tennis Channel, TLC, TNT, the Weather Channel, Willow, VH1, and NFL RedZone without cable, as well as free movies on YouTube. If you’re on the move, here’s how to watch Fox Sports Go and live stream NBC Sports.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Ramon Ramirez is the news director, and formerly the Dot's entertainment editor and evening editor. His work has appeared in the Washington Post, Grantland, Washington City Paper, Austin American-Statesman, and Austin Monitor.