- Influencer gets revenge on her male trolls with Instagram account 1 Year Ago
- Conservatives are frothing over a Ukraine joke told on CNN 1 Year Ago
- Dua Lipa isn’t canceled—but her fans are defending her in #DuaLipaIsOverParty like she is Today 9:21 AM
- These YouTube videos claim to show the Kobe Bryant helicopter crash (they don’t) Today 9:08 AM
- More than 40 colleges say they won’t use facial recognition on campus Today 8:32 AM
- LeBron’s Instagram tribute to Kobe is devastating Today 7:56 AM
- ‘Rise of Empires: Ottoman’ is ‘Game of Thrones’ for history buffs Today 7:00 AM
- People on Twitter ask whose ancestors would’ve passed immigrant ‘wealth test’ Monday 6:54 PM
- Kobe Bryant helicopter crash mocked in teen’s TikTok video Monday 6:38 PM
- Chiefs, Bears, Packers have Twitter accounts hacked Monday 3:48 PM
- Washington Post reporter suspended amid backlash over Kobe Bryant tweet Monday 3:08 PM
- America is united in hating Ken Starr’s impeachment hat Monday 3:01 PM
- In ‘Cuties,’ the contradictions of growing up come to a head Monday 1:55 PM
- Racist tweets blame fruit bat soup for coronavirus Monday 1:25 PM
- What is the #ILeftTheGOP movement? Monday 1:21 PM
|HOW TO WATCH NICKELODEON WITHOUT CABLE|
|SLING TV||TRY NOW|
|AT&T TV NOW||TRY NOW|
Spongebob is officially old enough to vote in America, and it’s still going strong. That’s a testament to the enduring legacy of Nickelodeon. One of the best spots for kids shows out there, Nickelodeon is a familiar and fun choice if you’re a parent looking to keep the kids entertained, or if you just want to relive your favorite moments from Double Dare and Rocket Power. Here’s everything you need to know to watch a Nickelodeon live stream for free.
What is Nickelodeon?
Nickelodeon, or just “Nick,” launched in 1977 as the first major cable channel for kids aged 2-17. It effectively found its dominant footing by the early ’90s, establishing original iconic shows like Rugrats,Ren & Stimpy, and Hey, Arnold! In the late ’90s and early 2000s, the streak continued with the absolutely monolithic Spongebob Squarepants, goth kid starter pack Invader Zim, The Fairly Oddparents, and more long-form fare like Avatar: The Last Airbender. Today, you can still find Spongebob running circles around the programming schedule, alongside some newer favorites like Loud House, every toddler’s favorite Peppa Pig, live-action material like Henry Danger, and the holy grail of gross-out game shows, the Double Dare reboot.
Nickelodeon live stream: 3 ways to watch Nickelodeon online for free
Surprisingly, only three of the major live TV streaming services offer Nickelodeon, but the ones that do also provide free trials, so you can figure out which one works best for you and your family.
1) Sling TV
Watch:: Is Sling TV Worth it?
- Cost: $30-$45 per month ($10 off first month)
- Sling TV devices: Amazon Fire TVs, Android Fire Stick, Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Xbox One, Google Chromecast, Oculus Go, Samsung, LG, Portal TV, Air TV, and iOS and Android devices
- Sling TV local channels: NBC, Fox (check your local availability here)
Sling TV is one of the better live TV streaming services, just not when it comes to Nickelodeon. There’s no option for the core Nickelodeon channel. It’s just not there, oddly enough. That said, the $30-per-month Sling Blue package offers Nick Jr. If you add on the $5-per-month Sling Kids package, you’ll also get NickToons and TeenNick. So that’s a few bases covered, but be sure to double check the shows you want are actually on those channels (Here’s a complete guide to Sling TV channels.)
- Cost: $20 per month (after 7-day free trial)
- Philo devices: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, iOS and Android devices
Philo is the cheapest live TV streaming service, and when it comes to watching Nickelodeon online, it’s also the best. Philo not only gets you a Nickelodeon live stream, but you’ll also get Nick Jr. and TeenNick for your trouble, so all corners of the family are covered. You’ll also get strong, more adult options like BBC America, AMC, and Comedy Central. To sweeten the deal, you’ll also get free cloud DVR that lasts up to 30 days. (Here’s a complete guide to Philo channels.)
3) AT&T TV Now
- Cost: $65-$135 per month
- Devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: NBC, CBS, Fox, ABC, the CW (enter your ZIP code here to check your availability)
There’s a good chance that you’re already looking to AT&T for your wireless needs. The second you sign up you’ll gain instant access to 45+ channels, including local channels and even free HBO on PLUS and MAX channel suites. Plus, it comes with CloudDVR which lets you record up to 20 hours of TV per month. One account works on two devices, but you can add more devices for only $5.
Other ways to watch Nickelodeon online
Nickelodeon site & app
Nickelodeon makes it easy to watch full episodes online a day after they air on TV. Simply go to Nickelodeon.com or the Nickelodeon iOS/Android app, find what you want to watch, and you’ll be prompted to enter a cable or stream provider account. If you have DirecTV Now or Philo, you’ll be able to watch anything offered on-demand. If you’re a Sling subscriber, you’re out of luck, unfortunately.
It’s worth noting that Nickelodeon has more episodes available for non-subscribers than most channels might. The downside is you’ll have to suffer through a few ads every 10 minutes or so, but that’s a small price to pay to catch up on your favorite shows.
New to cord-cutting? Here are our picks for the best movie streaming sites of 2018 and free live TV apps and channels. If you’re looking for a specific channel, here’s how to watch HBO, Showtime, Starz, Sundance TV, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, Willow, AMC, FX, Fox News, Freeform, MSNBC, CNN, CNBC, FS1, TBS, TNT, Tennis Channel, Golf Channel, Syfy, HGTV, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, Bravo, Lifetime, Discovery, PBS, the CW, BBC, CSPAN, NBA TV, MTV, Comedy Central, Food Network, TLC, HLN, A&E, Animal Planet, National Geographic, the Weather Channel, the History Channel, and NFL RedZone without cable, as well as free movies on YouTube. If you’re on the move, here’s how to watch Fox Sports Go and live stream NBC Sports.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.