- ‘Isabelle Facts’ was a wholesome queer meme account—until harassers showed up 1 Month Ago
- 2016 election stories the ‘Newsroom’ reboot will cover Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Brandon Rios vs. Humberto Soto for free Today 6:00 AM
- ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ heads to ‘Bly Manor’ for next installment Today 5:45 AM
- How to stream James DeGale vs. Chris Eubank Jr. for free Today 5:30 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 145 in Prague for free Today 5:00 AM
- R. Kelly charged in Chicago with multiple counts of sex abuse Friday 7:51 PM
- Elon Musk finally hosts PewDiePie’s meme review Friday 6:27 PM
- Netflix throws ‘Umbrella Academy’-themed wedding for fans Friday 4:54 PM
- Report: Facebook collects app data on users’ body weight, menstrual cycles Friday 3:38 PM
- Amy Klobuchar reportedly ate salad with a comb, and Twitter’s got questions Friday 2:47 PM
- Nobody likes Spotify’s new update Friday 2:34 PM
- Student assaulted on campus while tabling for right-wing group Friday 1:56 PM
- Kim Kardashian West sues fashion company for using her likeness to sell clothes Friday 1:12 PM
- The Oscar-nominated movies you’ll actually want to watch again Friday 12:56 PM
Something wicca this way comes.
You know you’re a ’90s kid if you remember the cult supernatural drama Charmed on the WB. Last year, the CW (America’s destination for addictive teen dramas) rebooted the witchy fantasy pulp show. Set in Hilltowne, Michigan, three sisters discover that they’re powerful witches destined to protect the innocent from demons and the forces of evil. The eldest sister, science nerd Macy Vaughn, has the power of telekinesis. The middle sister, feminist activist Melanie Vera, can freeze time at will. The youngest, the loveable and bubbly Margarita Emilia Vera, can read people’s thoughts. Together, they are “The Charmed Ones,” the world’s most powerful coven of witches. Lucky for us, they’re on our side.
Here’s everything you need to know to watch Charmed online for free.
- Melonie Diaz as Melanie “Mel” Vera
- Madeleine Mantock as Macy Vaughn
- Sarah Jeffery as Margarita Emilia “Maggie” Vera
- Ser’Darius Blain as Galvin Burdette
- Ellen Tamaki as Niko Hamada
- Rupert Evans as Harry Greenwood
- Nick Hargrove as Parker Caine
Charmed season 1
Season 1 of Charmed premiered Oct. 14, 2018. After a brief midseason break, Charmed returns with new episodes starting Sunday, Jan. 20, at 9pm ET/PT on the CW.
- DC heroes: The top 20 DC Comics superheroes of all time
- The complete list of upcoming DC Comics movies
- The best DC animated movies of all time
- Here’s how fast the Flash really is
How to watch Charmed online for free
All the big-name, live TV streaming services let you try their services for one week, so you can watch Charmed online for free. There are variations among them, though, especially when it comes to the local channels offered. Depending on which service you choose, the availability of the CW in your area might vary. The links below will offer a quick primer on what channels you’ll get with each service.
- Cost: $40 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- Hulu devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch, and iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, the CW (check your local availability here)
Hulu with Live TV not only gives you access to on-demand content, but you’ll also be able to stream live TV, including local networks. If you miss Charmed when it airs, no worries: It will be available on-demand along with countless movies, classic programs, and of course, original series available exclusively on Hulu. You’ll also get access to almost 60 channels, including Lifetime, ESPN, USA, and plenty more. (Here’s the complete list of Hulu Live TV channels.)
- The best new movies on Hulu: 2018 new releases to watch
- The best thrillers on Hulu
- Funny movies on Hulu when you need a good laugh
- 10 sad movies on Hulu guaranteed to make you cry
- Cost: $39.99 for your first month and $44.99 per month thereafter (after a 7-day free trial)
- FuboTV devices: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Android TV, iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: ABC, Fox, NBC, CBS, the CW (in some markets) (check local availability here)
If you’re a sports fanatic, FuboTV is a streaming service built just for you. There are tailor-made packages for fans of basketball, international soccer, golf, and even rock climbing. For the rest of the family, there’s a suite of great channels including Food Network, IFC, TBS, Cartoon Network, and more. The CW may be available in your market, so be sure to check before subscribing. (Here’s the complete FuboTV channels list.)
3) YouTube TV
- Cost: $40 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- YouTube TV devices: Google Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, Xbox One, iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: NBC, CBS, Fox, ABC, the CW (enter your ZIP code here to check your availability)
The original destination for videos online has rolled out a streaming package of its own. YouTube TV offers a streaming suite of more than 60 popular cable networks, including local channels. Among them are sports channels including ESPN and FS1, entertainment destinations like FXX and TBS, and even a handful of Spanish language channels like Telemundo and NBC Universo. One YouTube TV subscription lets you add up to six accounts, each with unlimited cloud DVR. (You can find the full list of YouTube TV channels here.)
4) DirecTV Now
- Cost: $40-$75 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- DirecTV Now devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, and Amazon Fire Stick
- Local channels: ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, the CW (enter your ZIP code here to check local availability)
DirecTV Now is DirecTV’s answer to online streaming. If you simply must have the most channels, DirecTV Now offers upwards of 125 in its most expensive package. Of course, its basic $40-a-month Live a Little plan will get you access to the CW, where you can get your Charmed fix. You can find the full list of DirecTV Now channels here.
How to catch up on Charmed episodes
If you need to catch up on older Charmed episodes, you have some options.
- Cost: $1.99/episode, $19.99/season
- Devices: Amazon Fire Stick, Fire TV, Fire tablets, and Fire phone; Roku, Google TV, TiVo, Nvidia Shield, PlayStation 3 and 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Wii
You can watch past episodes of Charmed on your TV, tablet, phone, or computer. Individual episodes will run you $1.99 each, but you can nab an entire season of Charmed on Amazon for $19.99.
2) The CW
New to cord-cutting? Here are our picks for the best movie streaming sites of 2018 and free live TV apps and channels. If you’re looking for a specific channel, here’s how to watch HBO, Showtime, Starz, Sundance TV, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, Willow, AMC, FX, Fox News, Freeform, MSNBC, CNN, CNBC, FS1, TBS, TNT, Tennis Channel, Golf Channel, Syfy, HGTV, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, Bravo, Lifetime, Discovery, PBS, the CW, BBC, CSPAN, NBA TV, MTV, Comedy Central, Food Network, TLC, HLN, A&E, Animal Planet, National Geographic, the Weather Channel, the History Channel, and NFL RedZone without cable, as well as free movies on YouTube. If you’re on the move, here’s how to watch Fox Sports Go and live stream NBC Sports.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Jaime Carillo is a writer for Pure Nintendo and a plucky YouTube cook. He specializes in writing about console gaming and kitchen gadgets. It comes naturally, considering he's either wielding a massive cleaver or Switch Pro controller at any given point. When he's not cruising through a drive-thru at 2am, he's baking shokupan or whipping up a big pot of Japanese curry. He enjoys retro gaming, geopolitics, and Vic Berger videos.