- Mahershala Ali’s ‘Blade’ movie won’t arrive until Phase 5 of the MCU 3 Months Ago
- Natalie Portman isn’t playing ‘female Thor’—she’s ‘Mighty Thor’ 3 Months Ago
- How to watch ‘Breaking Bad’ online Today 7:00 AM
- Controversial Instagram influencer plans event called ‘The Scam’ Today 7:00 AM
- How to clear your search history on Instagram Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream the Leagues Cup competition between MLS and Liga MX Today 5:00 AM
- Here’s why you shouldn’t buy a Nintendo Switch until mid-August Monday 5:11 PM
- Man blasted for making his coworkers babysit his child Monday 5:07 PM
- Pete Buttigieg’s country radio interview was blocked from the air Monday 4:35 PM
- 15-year-old Smash Bros. prodigy caught using racist slur in private Discord server Monday 3:47 PM
- Instagram users who post pet pictures more likely to get hacked Monday 3:45 PM
- Post-Prime Day recap: Shipping delays, more sales, and a scam Monday 3:08 PM
- Jacob Wohl returns to Twitter … for now Monday 1:56 PM
- How to stream WWE Raw Reunion Monday 1:35 PM
- ‘I hope Trump deports you’: Woman goes on racist rant to Spanish speakers at a store Monday 1:24 PM
Tom Eversley/Shutterstock (Licensed)
This is a game-changer.
Kodi is the secret weapon of streaming fanatics everywhere, and if you’re in the know, Kodi can be a game-changer. The open-source media player got its start as Xbox Media Center years ago and has since evolved into one of the finest ways to stream digital content online. Once upon a time, that would just include your existing digital library, but Kodi now also streams live TV—and you can even get PlayStation Vue on Kodi.
Though Sony doesn’t officially offer support for the service, there’s a PlayStation Vue plugin for Kodi that makes it happen. All you need is a Vue subscription, and you can use your account in Kodi. PS Vue on Kodi is fully loaded, giving you the same experience as the standard app. Need more information about PS Vue? Here’s a quick rundown of its offerings.
What’s great about PlayStation Vue?
Sony’s PlayStation Vue streaming TV service offers one of the best price points and feature sets of any streaming TV solution.
Channel packages start at $44.99 per month for the PlayStation Vue Access plane, which includes 45-plus channels ranging from ESPN to Food Network. Viewers looking for more can add an extra 15 channels for $5 with the $49.99 60+ channel PS Vue Core package. This adds channels like ESPNU and the NFL Network, along with the criminally underrated Turner Classic Movies. You’ll also get a full suite of local channels on PlayStation Vue.)
- What is Kodi, and is it legal?
- How to use Kodi on Roku without jailbreaking your device
- The 8 best (legal) ways to watch movies on Kodi
Viewers who want even more options should consider the $59.99-per-month PS Vue Elite level, a 90-plus channel package that brings BBC World News, Epix, and NBA TV to the party. The final-tier, $79.99-per-month PS Vue Ultra comes with HBO and Showtime, and it’s perfect for movie lovers. Outside of HBO and Showtime, Ultra is the same as the Elite package. But getting HBO and Showtime for just $20? That’s a steal. (Here’s the complete guide to PlayStation Vue channels.)
PlayStation Vue features
Each PS Vue subscriber gets access to free cloud DVR, plus a feature called Catch-Up, which lets you watch shows you forgot to record up to three days after they air. If you live in a house with multiple people using your Vue at once, you’re in luck. PS Vue has one of the most generous shared streaming rules in the industry. Your subscription allows up to five simultaneous streams on the same account. (Here’s are all of the other PlayStation Vue compatible devices.) Each user can have their own profile with their own cloud DVR. It’s remarkable.
Now that you know why you need PlayStation Vue, here’s how to get it running on Kodi.
How to get PlayStation Vue on Kodi
These instructions assume you’ve already got Kodi installed on a device. If you need installation help, here are our handy guides for installing Kodi on Amazon Fire Stick or Android TV. Once you’re ready, here’s how to install PlayStation Vue on Kodi.
- From the home screen go to the add-ons manager.
- Go to Downloads.
- Select Video Add-ons
- Search for PS Vue
Whether you’re watching on Kodi or another streaming device, PlayStation Vue is well worth your time. To learn more, check out our full review of the service right here.
New to cord-cutting? Here are our picks for the best movie streaming sites of 2019 and free live TV apps and channels. If you’re looking for premium services, here’s how to watch HBO, Showtime, and Starz online. Want a specific channel? Here’s how to stream A&E, AMC, Animal Planet, BBC, Bravo, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, CNN, CNBC, C-SPAN, Comedy Central, the CW, Discovery, Disney Channel, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, Food Network, Fox News, Freeform, FS1 and FS2, FX, Golf Channel, Hallmark, HGTV, History Channel, HLN, Lifetime, MSNBC, MTV, National Geographic, NBA TV, Nickelodeon, PBS, Sundance TV, Syfy, TBS, Tennis Channel, TLC, TNT, the Weather Channel, Willow, VH1, and NFL RedZone without cable, as well as free movies on YouTube. If you’re on the move, here’s how to watch Fox Sports Go and live stream NBC Sports.
John-Michael Bond is a tech reporter and culture writer for Daily Dot. A longtime cord-cutter and early adopter, he's an expert on streaming services (Hulu with Live TV), devices (Roku, Amazon Fire), and anime. A former staff writer for TUAW, he's knowledgeable on all things Apple and Android. You can also also find him regularly performing standup comedy in Los Angeles.