- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Today 11:58 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ failed women—and it’s a shame on its legacy Today 7:40 AM
- How to use Tor, the network that lets you browse the web anonymously Today 7:30 AM
- How to live stream Devin Haney vs. Antonio Moran on DAZN Today 7:00 AM
- Trump’s transphobic policies are disgusting—but they aren’t new Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Copa del Rey Final online for free Today 5:45 AM
- How to watch the DFB-Pokal final for free Today 5:30 AM
- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
- A ‘Black Mirror’-inspired miniseries is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America Friday 5:56 PM
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Friday 3:27 PM
- QAnon believers link small-town arrest to deep state conspiracy without evidence Friday 1:58 PM
- Instagram photos showing prison conditions spark massive protest Friday 1:33 PM
- ‘Gay rat wedding’ headline sparks amazing new meme Friday 1:03 PM
- ‘I read a gossip piece’ meme mocks Moby’s Instagram post Friday 12:39 PM
- Rotten Tomatoes wants to see your ticket stub to leave a verified review Friday 11:46 AM
Here’s how to see which local channels you’ll get with PlayStation Vue
Tom Eversley/Shutterstock (Licensed)
PlayStation Vue has all the local channels you’re looking for.
PlayStation Vue is the underdog in live TV streaming, in part because too many people still think you need a PlayStation to use it. (You don’t.) PlayStation Vue has some great features and access to local channels.
While most of the major streaming TV services —including YouTube TV, FuboTV, DirecTV Now, and Hulu with Live TV—offer local channels, you might be surprised by how much variation there is depending on the service and your location.
Here’s everything you need to know about streaming local channels on PlayStation Vue.
PlayStation Vue local channels
PlayStation Vue is Sony’s streaming TV replacement that lets you watch your favorite cable and local channels from one app. Packages start at $44.99 per month for a standard basic cable package and top out at $79.99 for more channels and several premium movie options. Of course, no matter what package you choose you’ll a great selection of local channels. PlayStation Vue offers the big four — ABC, CBS, Fox, and NBC — in every available market. While you might miss out on some of your small local favorites, you’ll always catch the primetime lineup. You can see what local channels are available in your area by entering your zip code here.
The one downside to local channels on PlayStation Vue comes when using the service’s DVR feature. Due to licensing rights some ABC, CBS, Fox, and NBC affiliated broadcast channels can’t be recorded. Sadly there isn’t a master list of which affiliates have blocked DVR on PlayStation Vue, so you’ll need to wait until your free trial to find out. However, the good news is PlayStation Vue still offers a wide range of local channels, including many region sports options. Below you can see what local channels are offers on PlayStation Vue in major metropolitan areas across the country.
PlayStation Vue local channels
Here’s a complete breakdown of local channels for PlayStation Vue for major U.S. markets:
- Atlanta: ABC, CBS, Fox, Fox Sports South, Fox Sports Southeast, NBC, Telemundo
- Austin: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, Fox Sports Southwest, Fox Sports Southwest Plus, Telemundo
- Boston: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC
- Charlotte: ABC, CBS, Fox, My TV, NBC, Telemundo
- Chicago: ABC, CBS, Fox, My TV, NBC, Telemundo
- Dallas/Ft. Worth: ABC, CBS, Fox, My TV, NBC, Telemundo
- Detroit: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, Telemundo
- Gainesville: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, Telemundo
- Hartford/New Haven: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, Telemundo
- Houston: ABC, Fox, KHOU11, My TV, NBC, Telemundo
- Los Angeles: ABC, CBS, Fox, My TV, NBC, Telemundo
- Miami/Ft. Lauderdale: ABC, CBS, NBC, Telemundo
- Minneapolis/St. Paul: ABC, CBS, Fox, Fox 9+, Fox Sports North, Fox Sports North Plus, NBC
- New York: ABC, CBS, Fox, My TV, NBC, Telemundo
- Orlando/Daytona Beach/Melbourne: ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, Telemundo
- Philadelphia: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, Telemundo
- Phoenix: ABC, CBS, Fox, Fox Xtra, Fox Sports Arizona, NBC, Telemundo
- San Diego: ABC, CBS, Fox, Fox Sports San Diego, Fox Sports San Diego Plus, Fox Sports West, NBC, Telemundo
- San Francisco/Oakland/San Jose: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, KTVU Plus, Telemundo
- Tampa/St. Petersburg: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, Telemundo
- Washington, D.C.: ABC, CBS, Fox, Fox 5 Plus, NBC, WUSA-9, Telemundo
PlayStation Vue local channels: What’s not included
PlayStation Vue includes almost all the standard local channels you could ever want. To nitpick, there’s one minor exception: PBS isn’t available. However, PBS isn’t available on any major streaming TV service. That doesn’t mean you can’t watch, however. Check out the PBS website to stream the latest episodes of its programming. PBS also has an app that allows you to stream thousands of hours of shows for one low monthly fee.
New to cord-cutting? Here are our picks for the best movie streaming sites of 2018 and free live TV apps and channels. If you’re looking for a specific channel, here’s how to watch HBO, Showtime, Starz, Sundance TV, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, AMC, FX, Fox News, Freeform, MSNBC, CNN, CNBC, FS1, TBS, TNT, Tennis Channel, Golf Channel, Syfy, HGTV, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, Bravo, Lifetime, Discovery, PBS, the CW, BBC, CSPAN, NBA TV, MTV, Comedy Central, Food Network, TLC, HLN, A&E, Animal Planet, National Geographic, the Weather Channel, the History Channel, and NFL RedZone without cable, as well as free movies on YouTube. If you’re on the move, here’s how to watch Fox Sports Go and live stream NBC Sports.
John-Michael Bond is a tech reporter and culture writer for Daily Dot. A longtime cord-cutter and early adopter, he's an expert on streaming services (Hulu with Live TV), devices (Roku, Amazon Fire), and anime. A former staff writer for TUAW, he's knowledgeable on all things Apple and Android. You can also also find him regularly performing standup comedy in Los Angeles.