- Woman slammed for trying to put UPS driver on blast Sunday 5:23 PM
- Twitter users are sharing which celebrities have blocked them Sunday 4:43 PM
- Conspiracy theorists are already taking advantage of Kobe Bryant’s death Sunday 4:14 PM
- Adam Driver returns to ‘SNL’ as Kylo Ren to reprise role in ‘Undercover Boss’ parody Sunday 3:46 PM
- White men are raging over ‘SNL’s’ white male rage skit Sunday 3:05 PM
- Kobe Bryant dead at 41 Sunday 2:24 PM
- Pete Buttigieg mocked over ‘staged’ walking photo Sunday 12:22 PM
- Louise Linton deletes pro-Greta Thunberg Instagram post Sunday 10:58 AM
- ‘Crip Camp’ shows how a radical summer camp was monumental to the disability rights movement Sunday 9:08 AM
- How to live stream the 2020 Grammy Awards Sunday 7:00 AM
- Technology created deepfakes—does it have a way to stop them, too? Sunday 6:30 AM
- SESTA-FOSTA is ‘detrimental’ to sex workers’ safety, study confirms Sunday 6:00 AM
- Jeff Bezos’ girlfriend allegedly sent his nudes to her brother, who then leaked them Saturday 6:38 PM
- This Instagram account catches influencers in the wild Saturday 5:42 PM
- The best upcoming video games to look out for in February 2020 Saturday 5:23 PM
Whether you’re streaming your favorites from Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, or get into live TV streaming, Sony’s PS Vue is a great service that makes it easy to access the programming you want. Thankfully, there are several fully-equipped PlayStation Vue devices can stream all the PlayStation Vue channels to your heart’s content. Here’s everything you need to know about what devices PS Vue supports and how many different people can stream on one account at the same time.
What is PS Vue?
PS Vue is an online streaming TV service owned by Sony. Originally only available on Sony devices, the service has expanded the number of ways viewers can enjoy its programming over the years. It now supports a wide range of streaming devices and alternative methods. However, because this is a Sony product, don’t expect to be able to watch on your XBox game console. The streaming wars, like the video game wars, are serious business. Packages start at $44.99 per month for 40+ channels, including ESPN, CNN, Disney, and more. PS Vue also offers add-ons for premium channels like HBO, Showtime, and NFL RedZone. Be sure to check out our comprehensive rundown of PlayStation Vue channels.
- Is YouTube TV really worth the cost?
- Chromecast vs Roku vs Amazon Fire: What’s best for you?
- What is Showbox, and is it legal?
- 20 secret Roku hacks you need to know
PS Vue devices
While the inability to stream on an Xbox might sting, PS Vue works on almost any major streaming device you can think of. Here’s a comprehensive list of everything you can use to stream PlayStation Vue at home.
- PlayStation 4
- PlayStation 3
- Roku 4
- Roku 3
- Roku 2
- Roku Express/+
- Roku TV (non-4K, 4K, and 4K HDR)
- Roku Premiere /+
- Roku Ultra
- Roku Stick /+
- Fire TV Stick
- Fire TV Stick 4K
- Fire TV Cube
- Insignia Fire TV Edition
- Fire HD6 tablets and above
- 4th gen running tvOS 10.0 and up
- Microsoft Edge
- iOS devices running iOS 9 or higher
- Android devices running Android OS 5.0 or higher
- 1st gen and above
How many devices can you use with PS Vue?
When it comes to streaming on multiple devices PS Vue makes the competition look stingy. You can stream simultaneously on up to five different devices using one PS Vue account. In addition, users can make up to 10 different profiles, meaning everyone in your house can have their own personalized recommendations and DVR. Big families, especially ones with kids away at college, should give PS Vue a look.
- The 20 best Roku free channels for movies and entertainment
- Here are all the devices that can stream YouTube TV
- Everything you need to know about Sling TV
- DirecTV Now may be your best option for replacing cable
What’s the best device for PS Vue?
We’ve tested PS Vue on the PS4, Roku, Amazon Fire, Chrome, Safari, and iOS. Of all the devices the best one, the PlayStation 4, is also the most expensive. So what makes the $200-plus PlayStation 4 the best way to stream PS Vue? Multi-channel viewing. You can watch up to three live channels at once on one screen on the PlayStation 4. For sports fans who follow multiple games, this feature might be able to sell you on PS Vue by itself, provided you have a PlayStation 4.
If you’re looking to use the service on a more reasonably priced device, the Roku Streaming Stick remains the gold standard for entry-level devices. Users get a compact streaming stick that offers 1080p HD picture and a voice-controlled Bluetooth remote for just $49.99. It’s tiny so you can throw it in your bag when you’re traveling, or just enjoy that it doesn’t take up space in your entertainment center.
New to cord-cutting? Here are our picks for the best movie streaming sites of 2018 and free live TV apps and channels. If you’re looking for a specific channel, here’s how to watch HBO, Showtime, Starz, ESPN, AMC, FX, Fox News, MSNBC, CNN, FS1, TBS, TNT, Golf Channel, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, the CW, NBA TV, MTV, the Weather Channel, and NFL RedZone without cable, as well as free movies on YouTube. If you’re on the move, here’s how to watch Fox Sports Go and live stream NBC Sports.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
John-Michael Bond is a tech reporter and culture writer for Daily Dot. A longtime cord-cutter and early adopter, he's an expert on streaming services (Hulu with Live TV), devices (Roku, Amazon Fire), and anime. A former staff writer for TUAW, he's knowledgeable on all things Apple and Android. You can also also find him regularly performing standup comedy in Los Angeles.