- Senator calls Facebook’s current election disinformation efforts ‘inadequate’ in letter 4 Months Ago
- The Phillie Phanatic mascot unveils a slimmer makeover 4 Months Ago
- YouTuber threatened with arrest after rapping about being a girl from Mecca 4 Months Ago
- Video shows flat-Earther ‘daredevil’ crashing to death after homemade rocket fails 4 Months Ago
- Cardi B defends Dwyane Wade’s daughter during Instagram Live 4 Months Ago
- YouTube briefly shuts down beloved ‘lofi hip hop radio’ channel, launching a new meme 4 Months Ago
- Neil deGrasse Tyson points out that Elsa from ‘Frozen’ has ‘horse-sized eyeballs’ Today 10:58 AM
- Republicans as Sanders rises: Watch out, we may vote for Trump Today 10:54 AM
- Amazon series ‘Hunters’ criticized by Auschwitz Memorial over fictionalized scene Today 10:45 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Gentefied’ is actually made for people of color Today 9:28 AM
- Drug dealer loses $60 million after misplacing his Bitcoin code Today 9:18 AM
- TSA bans employees from using TikTok Today 9:09 AM
- PewDiePie rips Jake Paul, calls his money-making venture ‘complete bullsh*t’ Today 9:05 AM
- Can a lawsuit in Illinois stop a dangerous new facial recognition app? Today 6:30 AM
- Fan uncovers ‘Westworld’ trailers hidden on fictional company’s website Sunday 8:18 PM
NFL fans who were also DirecTV customers with subscriptions to NFL Sunday Ticket were left out in the cold at the start of Week 6 action on Sunday.
We are aware that some customers may be experiencing streaming issues with NFL Sunday Ticket. We are working to fix as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.— DIRECTV (@DIRECTV) October 13, 2019
“We are aware that some customers may be experiencing streaming issues with NFL Sunday Ticket,” acknowledged DirecTV, in a tweet appearing shortly after noon Sunday. “We are working to fix as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.”
NFL Sunday Ticket encountered technical difficulties at the start of the early slate of games—which meant those viewers missed the outstanding duel between Houston Texans QB Deshaun Watson and Kansas City Chiefs signal-called Patrick Mahomes.
Service resumed after a four-hour delay, but the damage had been done. Angry fans immediately took their frustrations out on Twitter.
2 hours to fix a once a week service. So sad a billion dollar company and you can’t fix a ainole stream service. #YouHadOneJob— John Klinke (@jklinke03) October 13, 2019
Ridiculous! You never have an technical difficulties taking my money!— Louie De La Rosa (@LouLouart007) October 13, 2019
But viewers can avoid the interruptions in their NFL Sunday Ticket service—at least those related to DirecTV Outages.
NFL Sunday Ticket lets you stream out-of-market NFL games—in other words, the ones not playing on your local channels—every Sunday afternoon on your smart TV, laptop, phone, or tablet, or via a streaming media device like Google Chromecast, Roku, or Amazon Fire. There’s just one catch: Only one game can be treated remotely at any given time, so you won’t be able to split the package with friends or family. NFL Sunday Ticket also unlocks DirecTV Fantasy Zone, a channel that gives you constant fantasy football updates. There’s also NFL Game Pass, a paid add-on, which lets you watch preseason games and replays throughout the week.
Here’s what you need to know about streaming NFL Sunday Ticket without DirecTV.
Cost: $73.99 per month for four months, or one single payment of $293.96
There are two—and only two—ways of acquiring NFL Sunday Ticket without DirecTV. There’s NFLSundayTicket.TV, which costs $73.99 per month for four months. It’s everything you love NFL Sunday Ticket but online-only. You can stream from pretty much any device that connects to the internet (but only on one device at a time).
You can also upgrade to the NFLST.TV Max bundle for a total of $99 per month for four months or one single payment of $395.99. You can also add on NFL Game Pass, which allows you to watch replays of every game after they air, for $50 for the full season.
There’s another way to watch NFL Sunday Ticket without DirecTV: Amazon Prime. While you can’t pay for the package using Amazon Prime, you can at least watch all of the games on the service. To start, first download the NFL Sunday Ticket channel on Amazon Prime. It’s free. From there, you’ll just need to sign in with your subscription credentials to watch.
College students can purchase NFL Sunday Ticket at a discounted price through NFLSundayTicket.TV U.
- How to watch NFL RedZone without cable
- How to watch NFL Sunday Ticket without a DirecTV satellite
- How to watch NFL Network online (without cable)
For a year-round sports fix, sign up here to receive our weekly boxing newsletter. You’ll hear about all the biggest fights and best knockouts from the Daily Dot’s streaming sports guru Josh Katzowitz.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Kahron Spearman is a music and film critic whose work can also regularly be regularly found in the Austin Chronicle.