- ‘Weathering With You’ blends fantasy and realism in a magical love story Saturday 6:18 PM
- Kidnapped teen used Snapchat to get rescued Saturday 4:35 PM
- What fans do and don’t want to see in future ‘Far Cry’ installments Saturday 4:26 PM
- Aaron Carter accused of stealing lion art for merch Saturday 3:10 PM
- Instagram’s hidden like counts were inspired by a ‘Black Mirror’ episode Saturday 2:06 PM
- Student says they were expelled for tricking teacher into making inappropriate TikTok Saturday 12:26 PM
- Space Force uniforms relentlessly mocked, memed Saturday 10:52 AM
- Man flamed after admitting he called police on Target employee over a toothbrush Saturday 9:10 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Vivir Dos Veces’ searches for a last chance at first love Saturday 8:00 AM
- Camila Cabello must do more about her racist history Saturday 6:00 AM
- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
You don’t need a DirecTV cable package to watch NFL Sunday Ticket. In fact, you can now stream NFL Sunday Ticket on Amazon Prime. It’s a little complicated, but it definitely works, and we’re going to walk you through the process.
Before we get started, there’s one thing we need to clarify: You can’t buy NFL Sunday Ticket on Amazon Prime. For that, you’ll still have to go through the online portal for DirecTV. But once you have credentials, you can download the free NFL Sunday Ticket channel on Amazon Prime and watch every out-of-market Sunday afternoon football game for the 2019 NFL season. (The same holds true for streaming NFL RedZone on Amazon Prime.)
Why bother? Well, if you watch movies on Amazon Prime, or have added other channels like HBO or Showtime, it makes sense to streamline your streaming. That way you’re not fumbling through different apps and consoles when it’s time to watch your favorite team.
Here’s everything you need to know to watch NFL Sunday Ticket on Amazon Prime.
There are three different NFL Sunday Ticket packages available online. You’ll need one of these before you watch NFL Sunday Ticket on Amazon Prime
Cost: $73.99 per month for four months or a single payment of $293.96
This is the online version of the DirecTV package, and it includes all of the features you’ve come to love—most notably the ability to watch up to eight games at once. Regional blackouts will still apply (consider picking up an HD antenna for those). With the season starting this week, this is the time to decide if you’d rather budget in monthly payments or just do the single payment now.
2) NFLST.TV Max
Cost: $99 per month for four months or a single payment of $395.99
The Max bundle adds NFL RedZone, which likely needs no introduction. NFL RedZone jumps from one live highlight reel from the next and zeros in on drives once a team reaches the red zone. If you play fantasy football, it’s essential, but there are plenty of other ways to stream NFL RedZone worth considering.
3) NFLSundayTicket.TV U
Cost: $24.99 per month or four months for $99.96
The student version of NFL Sunday Ticket is one of the best deals in streaming, knocking off $50 per month and nearly $200 total. To qualify, you’ll need to enter your name, birthday, and the university you’re currently enrolled in. If that doesn’t work, you can also manually upload documents to verify your enrollment, such as a tuition receipt or class schedule. (You can find more details here.) Suffice to say, it’s worthwhile to find a way to make this work.
- How to watch NFL Network online
- How to watch Thursday Night Football for free on Twitch
- What is ESPN+ and how does it work? Cost, features & live games
How to watch NFL Sunday Ticket on Amazon Prime
Once you have your subscription, all you have to do is download the NFL Sunday Ticket channel and enter your credentials.
Of course, there are plenty of other ways to watch. You can also stream NFL Sunday Ticket on Xbox One, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, PlayStation 4, Roku, Amazon Fire TV and Amazon Fire Stick, Android TV, and iOS and Android devices. You can find a comprehensive list of compatible models and browsers here.
Note: NFL Sunday Ticket only includes the games on Sunday afternoons that start at 1pm ET and 4pm ET. For everything else, you’ll need some options. Here’s what you need to know to watch Thursday Night Football on Amazon Prime, Twitch, or NFL Network, and how to watch Monday Night Football and watch Sunday Night Football. For more, see our complete guide on how to stream NFL games online for the 2018 season.
New to cord-cutting? Here are our picks for the best movie streaming sites of 2018 and free live TV apps and channels. If you’re looking for a specific channel, here’s how to watch HBO, Showtime, Starz, ESPN, AMC, FX, Fox News, MSNBC, CNN, and NFL RedZone without cable, as well as free movies on YouTube.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Austin Powell is the former managing editor of the Daily Dot. His work focuses on the intersection of entertainment and technology. He previously served as a music columnist for the Austin Chronicle and is the co-author of The Austin Chronicle Music Anthology.