- You can watch DC Universe’s acclaimed original shows for free 1 Month Ago
- Ximena Sariñana talks capturing feminine energy on her latest album 1 Month Ago
- The power of parasocial relationships in the age of loneliness 1 Month Ago
- How to get started with WhatsApp on desktop Today 5:30 AM
- Netflix will remove controversial disaster footage from ‘Bird Box’ Sunday 4:04 PM
- J.K. Rowling’s latest ‘Fantastic Beasts’ reveal is bringing the memes Sunday 3:01 PM
- President Trump calls for government agencies to ‘look into’ ‘Saturday Night Live’ Sunday 12:18 PM
- How to stream Michael Conlan vs. Ruben Garcia Hernandez for free Sunday 11:00 AM
- ‘Pet Sematary’ is a bloodless remake of a Stephen King classic Sunday 10:50 AM
- Here’s the Marvel movie order list you didn’t know you needed Sunday 9:59 AM
- Where do 2020 Democratic candidates stand on weed? Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Billions’ season 4 for free Sunday 6:30 AM
- If you’re not using Vudu, you’re missing out Sunday 6:00 AM
- Everything you need to know about WhatsApp Sunday 5:30 AM
- ‘The Inventor: Out for Blood in Silicon Valley’ tries to get a read on Elizabeth Holmes Saturday 1:57 PM
It’s time to settle this once and for all.
The UFC Fight Night 144 bout between Raphael Assuncao and Marlon Moraes on Saturday night isn’t for the bantamweight title. In fact, it’s unclear when the winner will get a shot at the belt. But the Assuncao vs. Moraes matchup is intriguing nonetheless, and there’s an easy way to watch the live stream for free. Here’s everything you need to know including the complete schedule for the Assuncao vs. Moraes live stream.
UFC Fight Night 144 Live Stream: How to watch Assuncao vs. Moraes for free
UFC Fight Night 144 is available exclusively on ESPN+, the new subscription service from ESPN. Right now, you can sign-up for a one-week trial, allowing you to watch Assuncao vs. Moraes for free. Otherwise, ESPN+ costs $4.99 per month or $49.99 per year—and there’s no long-term commitment. You can cancel anytime.
Think of ESPN+ as super-sizing your favorite sports channel. The service functions as an extension of ESPN’s main website and app, unlocking exclusive series like Kobe Bryant’s Detail and more live sports than you could ever possibly watch. ESPN+ is the exclusive home of the boxing promoter Top Rank, which has already resulted in marquee bouts from Terence Crawford and Vasiliy Lomachenko. You can stream NHL games, college sports broadcasts, soccer matches from around the world, and every single 30 for 30 documentary. Oh, and ESPN+ has six more UFC Fight Nights on the books in the next two months, so you’ll easily get your money’s worth.
To watch UFC Fight Night 144, you’ll just need to download the ESPN app, which is available on Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Google Chromecast, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, and iOS and Android devices. After you sign-in with your subscription credentials, you’ll be able to watch any of the count locked behind the “E+” logo, including the Assuncao vs. Moraes live stream.
Assuncao vs. Moraes: Why it matters
Both fighters are in good position to eventually take on bantamweight champion TJ Dillashaw. Assuncao (27-5) has triumphed in 11 of his last 12 bouts—Dillashaw was the one to beat Assuncao in 2016—while Moraes’ only loss in his last 17 bouts was to Assuncao. The last time they fought, Assuncao escaped with a split decision victory in a competitive bout.
Both are top-notch fighters, and both are still hungering to get to the top of the 135-pound weight class.
“I think about that Johnny Cash song: You can run on for a long time, sooner or later God’ll cut you down,” Moraes (21-5-1) told ESPN.com. “I don’t care if I’m going to fight TJ next or not. I can beat all these guys. One day, he will have to fight me. I’m here to work and I’ll fight anyone after this.”
For now, Moraes will focus on getting his revenge on Assuncao on Saturday night.
UFC Fight Night 144 live stream schedule
Here’s the complete schedule of events.
5pm ET | ESPN+ Prelims
- Markus Perez vs. Anthony Hernandez
- Mara Romero Borella vs. Taila Santos
- Thiago Alves vs. Max Griffin
- Junior Albini vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik
- Geraldo de Freitas vs. Felipe Colares
- Ricardo Ramos vs. Said Nurmagomedov
- Magomed Bibulatov vs. Rogerio Bontorin
8pm ET | Main card ESPN+
- Raphael Assuncao vs.Marlon Moraes
- Jose Aldo vs. Renato Moicano
- Demian Maia vs. Lyman Good
- Charles Oliveira vs. David Teymur
- Johnny Walker vs. Justin Ledet
- Livinha Souza vs. Sarah Frota
New to cord-cutting? Here are our picks for the best movie streaming sites of 2018 and free live TV apps and channels. If you’re looking for a specific channel, here’s how to watch HBO, Showtime, Starz, Sundance TV, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, Willow, AMC, FX, Fox News, Freeform, MSNBC, CNN, CNBC, FS1, TBS, TNT, Tennis Channel, Golf Channel, Syfy, HGTV, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, Bravo, Lifetime, Discovery, PBS, the CW, BBC, CSPAN, NBA TV, MTV, Comedy Central, Food Network, TLC, HLN, A&E, Animal Planet, National Geographic, the Weather Channel, the History Channel, and NFL RedZone without cable, as well as free movies on YouTube. If you’re on the move, here’s how to watch Fox Sports Go and live stream NBC Sports.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.