- Judge says Daily Stormer founder must pay $14 million for harassing Jewish realtor 4 Months Ago
- Graphic depiction of suicide cut from Netflix’s ’13 Reasons Why’ 4 Months Ago
- Streaming titles seize 2019 Emmy nominations 4 Months Ago
- ‘Frankenstein’s Monster’s Monster, Frankenstein’ tries to find humor in bad actors Today 12:02 PM
- Democratic senator calls Facebook ‘dangerous’ during Libra cryptocurrency hearing Today 11:57 AM
- How ‘Kyle’ became synonymous with angry, Monster Energy-chugging white boys Today 11:22 AM
- Nearly impossible ‘Super Mario Maker 2’ level inspires memes Today 11:16 AM
- Madonna faces backlash for posting photos of her Black daughters with watermelon Today 10:44 AM
- Biden wants to challenge Trump to a push-up contest Today 10:00 AM
- Trump continues to tweet as House gears up to condemn his racist tweets Today 9:21 AM
- Your therapist probably wouldn’t approve of this meme Today 9:06 AM
- Batman Talisman finally lets the villains rule Gotham City Today 8:22 AM
- Controversial #ICEBae divides social media Today 8:22 AM
- Why Veronica Mars doesn’t drop any F-bombs in Hulu’s adult-rated revival Today 7:11 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Taco Chronicles’ will make your heart soar and mouth water Today 7:00 AM
How to stream Michael Conlan vs. Ruben Garcia Hernandez for free
It’s a St. Patrick’s Day celebration for Conlan.
Michael Conlan is one of the top prospects in all of boxing. He’s slowly and steadily taking on more difficult assignments, and that’s what Ruben Garcia Hernandez represents to him on Sunday. Hernandez has faced world champions, and the level of talent he represents should give Conlan—a two-time Irish Olympian—a solid test. The Conlan vs. Hernandez fight can be streamed live on ESPN+ for free, and because Conlan is a potential future star, it’s certainly worth checking out.
Here’s everything you need to know to watch the Conlan vs. Hernandez live stream.
Michael Conlan vs. Ruben Garcia Hernandez
- When: Sunday, March 17 at 6pm ET
- Where: Madison Square Garden in New York City
- Streaming: ESPN+ (free with one-week trial)
Michael Conlan vs. Ruben Garcia Hernandez live stream: How to watch ESPN+ boxing for free
Conlan is one of the young fighters in the sport who can benefit most from the new wave of OTT services who are televising boxing, namely DAZN, ESPN+, and occasionally Showtime. Conlan is promoted by Top Rank, which has entered into a deal with ESPN for dozens of fights per year on the main network and its subscription streaming service. It allows talented prospects like Shakur Stevenson, Conlan, and some of the best fighters in the world, such as Terence Crawford and Vasiliy Lomachenko, to be featured regularly. It’s been a great boon for boxing fans.
ESPN+ is the cheapest way to stream boxing on a monthly basis. Subscribers pay $4.99 per month or $49.99 for the year, and you can cancel at any time. ESPN+ gives you a free one-week trial, so you can watch Sunday’s action between Conlan and Hernandez without paying a cent.
ESPN+ is basically an extension of the main ESPN app, and it shows original programming and plenty of live sports that you normally don’t see on the family of ESPN networks. The ESPN+ exclusive content is designated by the “E+” logo in the corner of the preview tile.
The ESPN+ app is available on Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Google Chromecast, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, and iOS and Android devices. Aside from boxing, you can stream NHL games, along with thousands of college sports broadcasts, domestic and international soccer matches, and the entire catalog of 30 for 30 documentaries.
Michael Conlan vs. Ruben Garcia Hernandez: Why it matters
Conlan (10-0, 6 knockouts) is an enormous betting favorite to beat Hernandez. He’s a -10000 favorite, meaning you’d have to wager $10,000 to win a paltry $100. But Hernandez (24-3-2, 10 KOs) is potentially dangerous. He has plenty of experience, losing to the likes of Nonito Donaire (once considered one of the best boxers in the world) and former prospect Randy Caballero. He could create the most discomfort for Conlan yet.
“This is a nice step up in class,” Conlan told the Daily Dot. “It’s an opponent who has been in with some top guys. It’s a good test, because he’s been in with some good fighters. I know he’s tough and I know he’s strong and very durable. I can’t give him any confidence in the fight, because people with confidence, they’ll overperform. My objective is to take away his confidence very quickly.”
In reality, this is another showcase for Conlan. For the third straight year, he’s headlining a St. Patrick’s Day show at Madison Square Garden. Former boxing superstar Miguel Cotto drew plenty of fame for his annual boxing matches at Madison Square Garden during the Puerto Rican Day Parade celebration, and for the past few years, Mexican star Canelo Alvarez has made sure to fight on Cinco de Mayo weekend.
Conlan is becoming the Irish version of those two fighters.
“I love what Top Rank did with [Cotto] in New York,” Conlan said, referring to the promoter he and Cotto shared. “That’s one of the things we spoke about when we [negotiated] contracts. I wanted to do St. Patrick’s Day in New York. There’s tons of Irish in New York. It’s my home away from my home.”
Before he turned pro, Conlan was best probably best known as the Olympian who flipped off the judges after they gave him a decision with which he disagreed. So far, he’s perfect as a pro, and on Sunday, he aims to keep his record that way.
Michael Conlan vs. Ruben Garcia Hernandez live stream
- Michael Conlan vs. Ruben Garcia Hernandez
- Luis Collazo vs. Samuel Vargas
- Paddy Barnes vs. Oscar Mojica
- Josue Vargas vs. Adriano Ramirez
- Joseph Adorno vs. Victor Rosas
- John Bauza vs. Ricardo Maldonado
- Vladimir Nikitin vs. Juan Tapia
- Lee Reeves vs. Edward Torres
New to cord-cutting? Here are our picks for the best movie streaming sites of 2019 and free live TV apps and channels. If you’re looking for premium services, here’s how to watch HBO, Showtime, and Starz online. Want a specific channel? Here’s how to stream A&E, AMC, Animal Planet, BBC, Bravo, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, CNN, CNBC, C-SPAN, Comedy Central, the CW, Discovery, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, Food Network, Fox News, Freeform, FS1 and FS2, FX, Golf Channel, HGTV, History Channel, HLN, Lifetime, MSNBC, MTV, National Geographic, NBA TV, PBS, Sundance TV, Syfy, TBS, Tennis Channel, TLC, TNT, the Weather Channel, Willow, and NFL RedZone without cable, as well as free movies on YouTube. If you’re on the move, here’s how to watch Fox Sports Go and live stream NBC Sports.
For a year-round sports fix, sign up here to receive our weekly boxing newsletter. You’ll hear about all the biggest fights and best knockouts from the Daily Dot’s streaming sports guru Josh Katzowitz.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.