- Angela Abar wrestles with destiny in ‘Watchmen’ episode 8 Sunday 9:05 PM
- Guy who runs Trump Organization Twitter account caught hyping up own tweet Sunday 4:51 PM
- People found out how tall Olaf is–and now ‘Frozen’ is terrifying Sunday 3:41 PM
- Rapper Juice WRLD dead at 21 Sunday 3:02 PM
- Embody Andrew Yang, fight other presidential candidates in video game Sunday 2:33 PM
- Ariana Grande spoke with TikTok teen who looks exactly like her Sunday 1:00 PM
- Beyoncé accused of paying dancers ‘low rates’ Sunday 11:58 AM
- Timmy Thick blasted for saying the N-word in comeback video Sunday 9:11 AM
- Netflix’s ‘The Confession Killer’ is a devastating and well-built portrait of a con artist Sunday 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! I’m ashamed to tell anyone about my online shopping habit Sunday 6:00 AM
- UPS facing backlash for thanking police after employee killed in shootout Saturday 5:02 PM
- Sanders campaign fires staffer after anti-Semitic, homophobic tweets surface Saturday 3:13 PM
- Brother Nature was attacked, says everyone just watched with phones out Saturday 2:45 PM
- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad Saturday 1:24 PM
- Ex-vegan YouTuber accused of fraud after following meat-only diet Saturday 1:11 PM
We’ve known that Disney+ was going to be the Godzilla of streaming services the moment it was announced. After all, 500 Walt Disney Studios movies and 7,000 episodes of Walt Disney Television is a pretty amazing prospect to have at your fingertips.
If you’re 100% on board with everything from Star Wars to The Simpsons, you’re probably wondering how to sign up for Disney Plus. The good news is that it’s easy, and we can help you get it done so you can meld yourself to your sofa for all eternity.
7 day free trial
(with Hulu & ESPN+)
Considering the mammoth amount of content Disney+ (or Disney Plus, as some call it) has to offer, the price tag seems paltry. Like just about all streaming services these days, you can try it out for free. This trial lasts a week and will automatically renew on day eight, so keep this in mind if you choose not to go forward with the service. But if you do, it’ll set you back $6.99 a month or $69.99 for a year.
You also have the option of rolling Disney+ into a bundle with Hulu and ESPN+ for $12.99 a month, which in this streamer’s opinion is a dang fine deal. It’s also worth mentioning, however, that Verizon and Fios customers on existing 4G LTE and 5G wireless “unlimited” plans get a year of Disney+ for free, those lucky scamps. Don’t plunk down your credit card until you’re sure that this doesn’t include you!
If you’re not sure which streaming device works best with Disney+, good news: All the major ones are covered. You can watch on a wide range of phones, tablets, laptops, and video game consoles. You’ll also be able to stream using Google Chromecast, Apple TV, Nvidia Shield, both Roku devices and TVs with built-in Rokus, and Sony TVs with built-in Android. And the Disney+ app can be used on Apple, Android, LG, and Samsung devices, as well as the full Amazon Fire device range.
- All Amazon Fire TV devices
- Fire Tablets on Android
- Amazon Fire TV Edition
- 4th Generation Apple TV or newer
- Roku LT and higher
- Roku TVs
- Samsung Models from 2016 or later with Tizen OS
- LG Models from 2016 or later with Web OS 3.0 or later
- Android TV Models from 2016 or later including Sharp AQUOS and Sony Brava
- Roku TV
- Amazon Fire TV Edition
- All Chromecast devices
- Chrome OS
Disney Plus on Google Chrome browser
- The most recent version of Google Chrome
- Mac OS
Disney Plus on iOS devices
- iOS 11 or newer
- iPhone XS, XS Max devices
Disney Plus on Windows 10
- All Windows 10 devices
Disney Plus on Xbox
- Xbox One
Disney Plus on Playstation
Lord, what can’t you watch on Disney+? If you’ve been obsessed with Disney since you were a child, every animated feature you can dream of is now at your fingertips. Hardcore Marvel Universe fan? Yep, all that is there too. The brand-new Star Wars series The Mandalorian is a huge draw for the classic sci-fi franchise. There’s even something for you Jeff Goldblum stans. I hate to say they thought of everything, but Disney ain’t one of the biggest names in the world for nothin’.
For those of you that want a look at our personal faves, here you go. Be mindful that this is a tiny percentage of the full Disney+ library—there’s much more to come.
- The Mandalorian
- Lady and the Tramp
- Star Wars
- The Empire Strikes Back
- Return of the Jedi
- Avengers: Endgame
- Toy Story 1-3
- Beauty and the Beast
- The Lion King
- The Little Mermaid
- The Muppet Show
- The Simpsons (all 30 seasons)
For an exhaustive list, here are all of the Disney+ titles you can stream effective Week 1.
- Here’s everything you need to know about Disney Plus
- The best movies and TV shows streaming on Disney+
- How to sign up for the Disney+ bundle
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Colette Bennett is a writer/editor who specializes in web culture, skincare, and all things geek. Her work has appeared on CNN, HLN, Engadget, Kotaku, Colourlovers, and Continue Magazine. She also writes horror and sci-fi fiction for Corona Books and is at work on her second novel.