- What is the TikTok drink and can you still get it? Thursday 9:27 PM
- “Party, Party, Party” TikTok meme grapples with party culture Thursday 8:43 PM
- Baby Yoda was just added to Sims 4 Thursday 7:54 PM
- Religious conservatives petition Netflix to pull ‘gay Jesus’ Christmas comedy Thursday 7:19 PM
- Kylie Jenner criticized for yet another expensive car post Thursday 5:57 PM
- Apex Legends became a major Pornhub search in 2019 Thursday 5:15 PM
- CBS accidentally interviewed InfoWars host as regular Trump supporter Thursday 4:31 PM
- TLC accused of fatphobia, fetishization with show about ‘mixed-weight’ couples Thursday 3:41 PM
- Betting odds show KSI could fight FaZe Sensei, Jake Paul, or Justin Bieber next Thursday 3:20 PM
- Nick Cannon releases another thirsty Eminem diss track Thursday 2:59 PM
- Dogs at polling stations are helping bark out the vote in the U.K. Thursday 1:00 PM
- Streamers dominated Pornhub searches in 2019 Thursday 12:59 PM
- Pro and anti-boot factions emerge in wake of ‘Wonder Woman 1984’ trailer Thursday 12:31 PM
- The ‘Rise of Skywalker’ press tour has turned into a rehash of ‘The Last Jedi’ Thursday 12:18 PM
- What’s in a TikTok username? Thursday 12:00 PM
Disney+ is prepping a sequel to the cult Halloween favorite Hocus Pocus, Collider reports.
What’s on Disney+? Here’s everything we know:
Workaholics writer Jen D’Angelo is on board to pen the screenplay, indicating that the new film will retain a good portion of the original’s campy, comedic charm. Sources tell Collider that the goal is to bring back original leads Bette Middler, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Kathy Najimy to reprise their witchy roles in some capacity.
None of the leading ladies are attached as of yet, but Disney is hopeful that they will sign on as the project develops further. It is unclear if Disney intends for the actresses to star in the sequel or if they will back up a new, younger coven.
There is no word yet if other actors from the original film—including Thora Birch, Vinessa Shaw, and Doug Jones—will be tapped to participate.
Released in 1993, Hocus Pocus tells the story of three sisters who were cursed during the Salem witch trials and mistakenly resurrected in the modern era. Fans can watch the film on Freeform until the end of October.
Though there is no firm release date for its sequel, Hocus Pocus will be available on Disney+ when it launches on Nov. 12. You can see a running list of titles the streaming service will release at launch.
- Here’s everything we know about Disney+ so far
- Here are all of the Disney+ titles available to stream at launch
- Report: Ewan McGregor to star in Obi-Wan Disney+ series
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Brenden Gallagher is a politics reporter and cultural commentator. His work has been published by Motherboard, Complex, and VH1. He’s the co-founder of Beer Money Films, an indie production company. Based in Los Angeles, he works in television drama as a writers assistant.