The Voice is a sing-off for sure, but it gets as cutthroat as a title match. Luckily, the contestants don’t have to enter the ring alone. Each singer gets drafted by one of four voice coaches: hit-factory Gwen Stefani, piano man John Legend, country superstar Blake Shelton, and the original American Idol, Kelly Clarkson. These pop music icons will whip each singer into a meringue so thick you can stand on it. Because in this contest, judgment gets pretty personal.
Deciding who makes it to the next round is incumbent on how many times a contestant’s song is downloaded on iTunes after the show airs. Viewers get to literally vote with their wallet, in the first time the free market becomes one of the show’s unofficial judges. Whose team will rise above the rest? And more importantly, which singer’s vocal talents will spur downloads on the iTunes store?
Here’s everything you need to know to watch The Voice.
The Voice host
The Voice season 17 will be presented by Carson Daly.
The Voice coaches
- Kelly Clarkson
- Gwen Stefani
- John Legend
- Blake Shelton
The Voice advisors
Each team will feature battle advisors to further assist contestants on their rise to stardom. Team Kelly’s advisor will be singer/songwriter Normani, Will.i.am will serve as Team Gwen’s advisor, Usher will advise Team John, and Hootie and the Blowfish frontman Darius Rucker will advise Team Blake.
What channel is The Voice on?
The Voice airs on NBC.
What time is The Voice on?
Season 17 of The Voice premieres Monday, Sep. 23, at 8pm ET/PT, with another episode on Tuesday, Sep. 24 at 8 pm ET/PT. New episodes will air on following Mondays and Tuesdays at the same times.
How to watch The Voice season 17 online
While there are variations in their coverage areas and other local channels, all of the major live TV streaming service offer NBC. Even better, you can try any of them with a one-week free trial, allowing you to get started with no upfront cost.
1) Sling TV
- Cost: $30-$45 per month (10$ off first month)
- Devices: Amazon Fire TVs, Android Fire Stick, Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Xbox One, Google Chromecast, Oculus Go, and iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: NBC, Fox (check your local availability here)
For a more à la carte service, look to Sling TV. It offers two cable packages, Sling Orange and Sling Blue, both of which cost $25 per month. If you grab them both (Sling Orange + Blue) you can save $10 per month. Sling Blue offers more bang for your buck with over 40 channels, including sports necessities like FS1, NBCSN, and NFL Network. You’ll need either Sling Blue or Sling Orange + Blue to get local channels like NBC, where you’ll stream American Ninja Warrior. You’ll also gain access to the usual cable mainstays like Food Network, Discovery, Cartoon Network, SYFY, and FXX. Here’s our complete guide to Sling TV channels.
- Cost: $54.95 per month
- Hulu devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch, and iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, the CW (check your local availability here)
Hulu with Live TV is one of the most popular ways to stream live TV, perhaps because you gain access to a massive library of on-demand content including classic and current TV shows, movies, not to mention Hulu’s original programming. As far as live-streaming goes, you’ll have almost 60 channels to flip through, including HGTV, a full suite of ESPN channels, Cartoon Network, FX, and even deep cuts like Nat Geo Wild and Syfy. Here’s the complete list of Hulu Live TV channels.
- The best new movies on Hulu: 2018 new releases to watch
- The best thrillers on Hulu
- Funny movies on Hulu when you need a good laugh
- 10 sad movies on Hulu guaranteed to make you cry
- Cost: $44.99 for your first month and $54.99 per month thereafter
- FuboTV devices: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Android TV, iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: ABC, Fox, NBC, CBS, the CW (in some markets) (check local availability here)
FuboTV was built from the ground up with sports fans in mind. There are different channel packages available whether you’re looking for basketball, soccer, golf, and even outdoor sports like rock climbing. But no worries, all the great cable channels you’re after are present too, including Viceland, Bravo, TBS, and IFC. Here’s the complete FuboTV channels list.
- Cost:$44.99-$79.99 per month
- PlayStation Vue devices: PlayStation 3 and 4, Roku, Amazon Fire, Google Chromecast, Kodi, iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: NBC, Fox, ABC, CBS (enter your ZIP code here to check your availability)
If you have a PS4 and are into the idea of having your gaming and streaming needs met in the same place, PlayStation Vue is made for you. You don’t need a PS4 to enjoy this service. You can also use a Roku, Amazon Fire devices, and even Kodi. Plus, you’ll get awesome channels like AMC, BBC America, and Bravo in PlayStation Vue’s entry-level package. One subscription works with up to five devices, all with unlimited cloud DVR storage, which makes it one of the most binge-friendly solutions. (Here are all of PlayStation Vue channels.)
5) YouTube TV
- Cost:$49.99 per month
- YouTube TV devices: Google Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, Xbox One, iOS, and Android devices
- Local channels: NBC, CBS, Fox, ABC, the CW (enter your ZIP code hereto check your availability)
YouTube TV is a great solution for families because one subscription can add up to six accounts. Each account comes with unlimited cloud DVR. There are sports channels like NBCSN, NBA TV, and four ESPN channels. Disney, Disney XD, Disney Junior, and Cartoon Network will keep any kid (or kid at heart) busy for hours. It also comes with a few Spanish-language channels like Telemundo and NBC Universo. AMC, BBC America, and IFC are there too, so you won’t miss out on all that prestige TV. (You can find the full list of YouTube TV channels here.)
How to watch The Voice episodes
Many cable channels let you live stream directly from their site, and NBC is no different. Simply go to the channel’s website, select a video to watch, and them fill in your login information from the above services when prompted. If you want to stream on the move, we suggest downloading the NBC app. The same login from the website will work here to watch new episodes of NBC shows and movies.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.