- A police union is urging its officers to post ‘The Punisher’ logo Monday 7:33 PM
- Redditors call for a Nestlé boycott through memes Monday 6:16 PM
- How a 10-second Disney jingle became a meme in Thailand Monday 4:48 PM
- Instagram users share photos showing gruesome killing of 17-year-old Bianca Devins Monday 4:33 PM
- The horror game banned for mocking China’s president probably isn’t coming back Monday 3:31 PM
- Cheap vibrators, condoms, and lube: The most satisfying Amazon Prime Day deals Monday 3:07 PM
- George R.R. Martin says fan backlash won’t affect his ‘Game of Thrones’ ending Monday 3:03 PM
- The very finest Area 51 memes Monday 2:52 PM
- Tweet map ranks states where people are boycotting Amazon Prime Day Monday 1:54 PM
- Lil Nas X says he will perform at Area 51 for free Monday 12:56 PM
- The best Prime Day deals for gamers Monday 12:53 PM
- How Republicans are dancing around Trump’s racist tweets Monday 12:42 PM
- Not even anti-immigrant groups are defending Trump’s ‘go back’ tweets Monday 12:37 PM
- Netflix’s latest chase thriller ‘Point Blank’ lacks electricity Monday 12:27 PM
- Jay Inslee floats Megan Rapinoe as his secretary of state pick Monday 11:33 AM
From telenovelas to Spanish-speaking news, here’s everything you need to know.
In the world of Spanish-speaking television, no names are bigger than Telemundo and Univision. From telenovelas to broadcast news, Telemundo offers nearly-constant programming. But it can be a pain to keep up with cable bills while trying to keep up with your favorite Spanish movies and shows, so if you’re looking for a cheaper, more accessible alternative, here’s our guide on how to watch a Telemundo live stream.
What is Telemundo?
Though Telemundo’s origins go back as far as 1954 in the form of WKAQ-TV, the Telemundo brand wasn’t fully developed until 1993. By then, the Telemundo organization had acquired enough subsidiary channels and content that a rebranding was due. Thus, the big T logo was born. Since its inception, Telemundo has brought plenty of drama shows to its lineup, including The Lord of the Skies, La Reina del Sur, Fearless Heart, and dozens more. Telemundo also provides Spanish-speaking news, reality television, talk shows, sports, and even children’s programming.
Telemundo live stream: 5 ways to watch Telemundo online for free
Not every major live TV streaming service includes a Telemundo live stream—the channel is missing from Philo and Sling TV—but you still have plenty of options. Each service that offers Telemundo comes with at least a free seven-day trial.
- Cost: $40 per month
- Hulu devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch, and iOS and Android devices
- Hulu local channels: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, the CW (check your local availability here)
It’s exactly what it sounds like: Hulu’s on-demand library of movies, shows, and anime, plus live streams of 58 channels, including your Telemundo live stream. There’s no Univision or other Spanish-speaking channels to add on, unfortunately. There are plenty of English entertainment and news options, though, like Cartoon Network, CW, CNN, and four ESPN channels. (Here’s the complete guide to Hulu Live TV channels.)
- Cost: $44.99-$79.99 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- PlayStation Vue devices: PlayStation 3 and 4, Roku, Amazon Fire, Google Chromecast, Kodi, iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: NBC, Fox, ABC, CBS (enter your ZIP code here to check your availability)
A Telemundo live stream is the only Spanish channel available on PlayStation Vue’s entry-level “Access” package, which also gets you Freeform, Discovery, Disney, ESPN, and ESPN2. You can opt in for the “Español Pack,” which includes Cine Sony, CNN en Español, Fox Deportes, two Spanish Discovery channels, and Universo—but no Univision. (Here’s the complete guide to PlayStation Vue channels.)
- Cost: $39.99 for your first month and $44.99 per month thereafter (after a 7-day free trial)
- FuboTV devices: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Android TV, iOS and Android devices
- FuboTV local channels: Fox, NBC, CBS (check local availability here)
If you’re just as interested in sports as you are in a Telemundo live stream, FuboTV is a really solid choice. It’s also one of the most accommodating packages for Spanish-speaking audiences. You’ll get Fox Deportes, the El Rey Network, NBC Universo, Univision, Univision TDN, and UniMás. English-speaking sports include the NFL Network, Fox Sports, CBS Sports, NBA TV, and NBC Golf, although no ESPN. If you need one simple package to get as much Spanish content as possible, FuboTV is the way to go. (Here’s the complete guide to FuboTV channels.)
4) YouTube TV
- Cost: $40 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- YouTube TV devices: Google Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, Xbox One, iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: NBC, CBS, Fox, ABC, the CW (enter your ZIP code here to check your availability)
If you want to keep your Telemundo live stream viewing in the familiar YouTube player, YouTube TV is a good choice. You’ll also get NBC Universo and regular Universo. English entertainment and sports options include BBC America, CW, ESPN, Fox Sports, and plenty more. (Here’s the complete guide to YouTube TV channels.)
5) DirecTV Now
- Cost: $40-$75 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- DirecTV Now devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, and Amazon Fire Stick
- Local channels: ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, the CW (enter your ZIP code here to check local availability)
DirecTV Now does an incredible job of catering to Spanish-speaking audiences. Aside from the general pyramid of channel packages, DirecTV Now also offers the “Todo y Mas” package, which cherry picks from DirecTV’s offerings and adds more than 40 Spanish-speaking channels. You’ll get your Telemundo live stream, plus Univision, ESPN Deportes, NatGeo Mundo, Discovery en Español, CNN en Español, and tons more. If you need English speaking channels, the entry level “Live a Little” package will get you 65 really good ones, including Telemundo and Univision. If you want premium channels like HBO and Showtime, DirecTV Now offers them for as low as $5.
New to cord-cutting? Here are our picks for the best movie streaming sites of 2018 and free live TV apps and channels. If you’re looking for a specific channel, here’s how to watch HBO, Showtime, Starz, Sundance TV, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, Willow, AMC, FX, Fox News, Freeform, MSNBC, CNN, CNBC, FS1, TBS, TNT, Tennis Channel, Golf Channel, Syfy, HGTV, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, Bravo, Lifetime, Discovery, PBS, the CW, BBC, CSPAN, NBA TV, MTV, Comedy Central, Food Network, TLC, HLN, A&E, Animal Planet, National Geographic, the Weather Channel, the History Channel, and NFL RedZone without cable, as well as free movies on YouTube. If you’re on the move, here’s how to watch Fox Sports Go and live stream NBC Sports.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.