- Anti-Trump bros Ed and Brian Krassenstein get kicked off Twitter Thursday 8:07 PM
- Amazon is trying to solve pushback on facial recognition software with a web form Thursday 6:56 PM
- T.I. says Nipsey Hussle’s death was ‘like losing Iron Man’ Thursday 6:32 PM
- Facebook banned billions of fake accounts in the first 3 months of this year Thursday 5:49 PM
- Twitch streamer gets banned for drunkenly passing out during broadcast Thursday 5:00 PM
- WikiLeaks’ Julian Assange indicted under Espionage Act Thursday 4:39 PM
- These doctored videos want to make you think Nancy Pelosi is always drunk Thursday 4:02 PM
- A robot could soon be delivering your packages from a self-driving car Thursday 3:29 PM
- Bipartisan anti-robocall bill overwhelmingly passes Senate Thursday 2:40 PM
- Deepfake-style videos can now be made with just a single image Thursday 1:57 PM
- The Lonely Island’s ‘Bash Brothers’ is what Netflix should be doing with short-form comedy Thursday 1:55 PM
- ‘Green dress lady’ proves green screen memes are still going strong Thursday 1:45 PM
- ‘Bowling alley strike screen’ memes are bizarre and wonderful Thursday 12:40 PM
- TikTok star Mohit Mor shot and killed Thursday 12:00 PM
- Stephen A. Smith is baby Thursday 11:43 AM
These guys do not like each other.
Michael “Venom” Page and Paul Daley have a healthy disdain for each other. Some might even call it hatred. The level of animosity these two MMA fighters have displayed against each other should make the Page vs. Daley bout, which is the main event for Bellator 216 and which you can live stream for free on
DAZN, a compelling event to watch.
After all, how could you not want to see what transpires after Page had this to say about Daley: “I wouldn’t spit on him if he was on fire,” Page said, via Bloody Elbow. “He’s a little bitch. The reason why this fight hasn’t happened years before is because he’s a little bitch. Someone flashed a million dollars in his face and he still feels forced into doing it.”
Daley will likely respond in the ring on Saturday. Here’s everything you need to know to live stream Page vs. Daley.
Michael “Venom” Page vs. Paul Daley
- When: Saturday, Feb. 16 at 7:30pm ET (prelims); 10pm ET (main card)
- Where: Mohegan Sun Casino in Uncasville, Connecticut
- Streaming: DAZN (free with one-month free trial)
What is DAZN?
You can watch this Bellator 216 card on the Paramount Network if you have cable TV, but if you’ve already cut the cord, DAZN is the way to stream Page vs. Daley. A DAZN subscription costs $9.99 per month, but the service gives you an extensive one-month free trial, meaning you can watch Page vs. Daley for free.
DAZN has been a hit in various countries for the past few years, and in September 2018, it stormed the U.S. shores specializing in streaming boxing and MMA. Last year, DAZN signed Canelo Alvarez—the biggest boxing star in North American—to a $365 million deal to fight exclusively on the streaming service. Earlier this week, it was announced that the biggest European boxing star, Anthony Joshua, would face American hopeful Jarrell “Big Baby” Miller in June exclusively for DAZN customers. Combine those boxing matches with its Bellator MMA coverage, and DAZN promises to stream more than 100 fights per year. That’s an outstanding deal for a relatively paltry sum.
DAZN works with Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and both iOS and Android phones. All you have to do is download the DAZN app and log-in with your subscription credentials. You can also stream via computer browsers Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge, Internet Explorer, and Opera.
Page vs. Daley: Why it matters
This is a first-round match in the Bellator Welterweight World Grand Prix tournament. But in reality, the fact that this is a grudge match between the two might mean even more to the participants.
Page (13-0) is one of the biggest stars in Bellator, and he hasn’t had a problem letting Daley (40-16-2) know what he thinks about him. Daley has lost three of his last six fights, while Page has won seven of his nine Bellator fights by stoppage. Page is a -225 favorite, meaning you’d have to bet $225 for the chance to win $100 on a Page victory. He doesn’t think much of Daley’s ability and has taken to making misogynistic attacks on his opponent.
As the Sporting News wrote, “There’s no doubt that Daley wants to pummel Page after MVP has repeatedly referred to his fellow British fighter as ‘Paula,’ remixing his nickname of ‘Semtex’ to ‘Tampax,’ even bringing a couple of boxes of the tampon brand to their press conference.”
And if Page knocks Daley out, there’s a good chance, he’s going to keep humiliating him. After all, this is what Page did after stopping Evangelista Cyborg—who ended up suffering a skull fracture thanks to the high knee to his head.
Daley, though, doesn’t sound impressed by Page’s credentials.
“The talk is over,” Daley said a recent press conference, via MMA Fighting. “[On] Feb. 16, all this act, the illusion, all this dancing … all of that is over, really. Sometimes I get a little bit frustrated when people ask me about Michael Page. I’m like, ‘Are you watching what I’m watching?’
“… This guy is so good on social media that he’s fooled people into thinking he’s a credible and good fighter. He’s not. He’s not a credible or good fighter; he’s pathetic.
Page vs. Daley live stream schedule
Main card (10pm ET)
- Michael “Venom” vs. Paul Daley
- Cheick Kongo vs. Vitaly Minakov
- Mirko Cro Cop vs. Roy Nelson
- Yaroslav Amosov vs. Erick Silva
- Valerie Loureda vs. Colby Fletcher
Prelims (7:30pm ET)
- Alexandra Ballou vs. Sarah Payant
- Pat Casey vs. Nekruz Mirkhojaev
- Kastroit Xhema vs. Kemran Lachinov
- Demetrios Plaza vs. Drews Rodriguez
- Rodolfo Neves Rocha vs. Jesse Kosakowski
- Tyrell Fortune vs. Ryan Pokryfky
- Vinicius De Jesus vs. Rodolpho Barcellos
- Reginaldo Felix vs. Justin Sumter
New to cord-cutting? Here are our picks for the best movie streaming sites of 2018 and free live TV apps and channels. If you’re looking for a specific channel, here’s how to watch HBO, Showtime, Starz, Sundance TV, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, Willow, AMC, FX, Fox News, Freeform, MSNBC, CNN, CNBC, FS1, TBS, TNT, Tennis Channel, Golf Channel, Syfy, HGTV, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, Bravo, Lifetime, Discovery, PBS, the CW, BBC, CSPAN, NBA TV, MTV, Comedy Central, Food Network, TLC, HLN, A&E, Animal Planet, National Geographic, the Weather Channel, the History Channel, and NFL RedZone without cable, as well as free movies on YouTube. If you’re on the move, here’s how to watch Fox Sports Go and live stream NBC Sports.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.