- How a deepfake gets made 4 Months Ago
- How to watch ‘Veronica Mars’ season 4 online 4 Months Ago
- The MCU’s Phase 4 is all about Marvel getting weird Today 7:07 AM
- How alt porn site SuicideGirls gets women to pose naked for free Today 7:00 AM
- Why did the GOP launch a website hyping socialist candidates? Today 6:30 AM
- The macrophilia and size-change fetish communities are made possible through the magic of the internet Today 6:00 AM
- Is Trump defiling the U.S. flag in this MAGA dude’s artwork? Sunday 4:41 PM
- White woman claims she invented sleep bonnets, selling them for $100 Sunday 4:03 PM
- Even real cats are transfixed by the enigma that is the ‘Cats’ trailer Sunday 3:04 PM
- Wait, how tall is Peppa Pig? Sunday 1:55 PM
- Twitter suspends Iranian state media outlets for harassing members of a religious minority Sunday 1:06 PM
- Pro-MAGA pageant queen stripped of title over ‘offensive’ tweets Sunday 11:52 AM
- Marvel unveiled its Phase 4 plans at San Diego Comic-Con Sunday 9:16 AM
- How a queer Instagram is helping fight the opioid epidemic in Appalachia Sunday 6:30 AM
- Philadelphia to fire 13 officers for racist, violent Facebook posts Saturday 6:12 PM
The most significant boxing match of the year, Errol Spence vs. Mikey Garcia, is finally here.
The most significant boxing match of the year is here. Here’s everything you need to know to watch Mikey Garcia vs. Errol Spence, two of the best fighters in the world clashing in a Fox PPV,
Garcia is moving up two weight divisions to challenge for Spence’s 147-pound title. That weight difference—Garcia has had his biggest successes in the 135-pound division—could be the difference for Garcia. There’s also the worry that the powerful Spence can seriously damage Garcia for his long-term career. But others argue that Garcia’s talent is good enough to give Spence a hard time.
No matter what, you’re going to have to pay $74.95 to watch the fight on PPV. But even if you’ve cut the cord, you still have ways to live stream Spence vs. Garcia.
Errol Spence vs. Mikey Garcia
- When: Saturday, March 16 at 9pm ET
- Where: AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas
- Streaming: Fox Sports app
Spence vs. Garcia live stream: How to watch online
If you want to watch a live stream of Spence vs. Garcia, you’re going to have to pay $74.95 for it. There is no legal way to take it in for free. But you also don’t have to have cable to watch.
If you purchase the card on Foxsports.com, you can stream it through the Fox Sports app on your device with whatever service provider you use. That includes Apple TV, Android TV, Fire TV, Xbox One and Roku.
Aside from the four-fight card on PPV, you can also watch former heavyweight titlist Charles Martin on the undercard on FS1 and Fox Deportes, beginning at 8pm ET. Martin—who won a title in 2016 but then lost it to Anthony Joshua three months later—will face the unbeaten Gregory Corbin, and you can stream it for free.
We have a complete guide for streaming FS1 here, but here’s all of the essential information. You can stream it via Sling TV, Hulu with Live TV, FuboTV, YouTube TV, DirecTV Now, PlayStation Vue, or with log-in credentials from any of those services on the Fox Sports Go app. All of these services should allow for at least a one-week free trial. Remember, this is is for the Martin-Corbin undercard fight only.
If you’d rather watch Spence vs. Garcia on the big screen, you can head to www.FathomEvents.com to see if the fight is at a movie theater nearby.
Spence vs. Garcia: Why it matters
Garcia (39-0, 30 knockouts) is one of the best 135-pound lightweights in the world, but lately, he’s been experimenting at higher weight classes to see how far his boxing skills and his talent can take him. So far, it’s worked. He’d already won world titles at featherweight (126 pounds), junior lightweight (130 pounds), and lightweight, and last March, he won a 140-pound belt by beating the solid Sergey Lipinets.
He’s also got immense amounts of power. Just look what he did to Dejan Zlaticanin at 135 pounds.
But the real question is whether Garcia can make Spence feel his power at a weight class that’s 12 pounds heavier than where Garcia has been most effective. Spence is bigger than Garcia, and in part, the betting odds reflect that—Garcia is about a 3/1 underdog. But Garcia seems confident.
“We’ve been implementing techniques that will help me improve my speed, explosiveness and reaction time, while also adding a little bit of mass,” he said. “I think all of that is going to be beneficial to me on fight night. I feel very happy with the results.”
Even if Garcia and Spence were the same size, though, Garcia might still be the underdog. That’s because Spence (24-0, 21 KOs) is one of the purest talents in the world, the kind of fighter who could become an all-time great.
He had the most important win of his career in 2017 when he knocked out Kell Brook, and he followed that up by stopping the durable Lamont Peterson and knocking out Carlos Ocampo in the first round. Garcia would be the most talented boxer Spence has ever beaten and would add considerably more accolades to the already impressive career of the 29-year-old.
“Mikey is very difficult because of how he places his punches,” Spence said. “He’s always thinking and he has a high ring IQ. But I’ve been clicking on all cylinders. I’m strong mentally and physically and prepared for anything he brings to the table. A win here can definitely catapult me and I’m ready to make it happen.”
Spence vs. Garcia live stream schedule
- Errol Spence vs. Mikey Garcia
- David Benavidez vs. J’Leon Love
- Luis Nery vs. McJoe Arroyo
- Chris Arreola vs. Jean Pierre Augustin
- Charles Martin vs. Gregory Corbin*
*Exclusively on FS1.
New to cord-cutting? Here are our picks for the best movie streaming sites of 2019 and free live TV apps and channels. If you’re looking for premium services, here’s how to watch HBO, Showtime, and Starz online. Want a specific channel? Here’s how to stream A&E, AMC, Animal Planet, BBC, Bravo, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, CNN, CNBC, C-SPAN, Comedy Central, the CW, Discovery, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, Food Network, Fox News, Freeform, FS1 and FS2, FX, Golf Channel, HGTV, History Channel, HLN, Lifetime, MSNBC, MTV, National Geographic, NBA TV, PBS, Sundance TV, Syfy, TBS, Tennis Channel, TLC, TNT, the Weather Channel, Willow, and NFL RedZone without cable, as well as free movies on YouTube. If you’re on the move, here’s how to watch Fox Sports Go and live stream NBC Sports.
For a year-round sports fix, sign up here to receive our weekly boxing newsletter. You’ll hear about all the biggest fights and best knockouts from the Daily Dot’s streaming sports guru Josh Katzowitz.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.