- Did the Space Force logo rip off Star Trek? Friday 6:24 PM
- Disabled people with service dogs say Uber, Lyft drivers are denying them rides Friday 3:25 PM
- TikTok teen famous for greasy hair ends her 8-year reign Friday 2:48 PM
- Police handcuff brown man at subway station for carrying a toy gun Friday 1:20 PM
- Fake clip of Sanders quoting infamous ‘hot chip’ tweet is duping people online Friday 1:16 PM
- The Mars Volta’s Cedric Bixler-Zavala alleges Scientologists behind dog’s death Friday 12:46 PM
- Eminem responds to critics: ‘This album was not made for the squeamish’ Friday 12:42 PM
- ‘The poet, the poem’ meme takes iconic lines and turns them into art Friday 12:40 PM
- People are making dark memes about the coronavirus Friday 12:27 PM
- Trump camp’s ‘head on a pike’ impeachment threat hit with memes Friday 11:34 AM
- What is the #FreeBritney movement, and why is Cher tweeting about it? Friday 10:52 AM
- This YouTuber claims the Saudi government plotted to kidnap him on U.S. soil Friday 10:30 AM
- Report: Jack Dorsey declined to host a fundraiser for Tulsi Gabbard Friday 10:22 AM
- Bernie Sanders plugs Joe Rogan endorsement—and women are furious Friday 10:04 AM
- Young woman using TikTok to document the end of her life says she’s dying next week Friday 8:43 AM
Turns out Ricky Bobby was wrong. Just because you’re not first doesn’t mean you’re last. ESPN2 is a living testament to that. The secondary channel is nearly as essential as ESPN itself, offering up countless live games across all the sports you care about and replays of your favorite ESPN programs like SportsCenter. Here’s everything you need to know to find an ESPN2 live stream.
|HOW TO STREAM ESPN2|
|HULU WITH LIVE TV||TRY NOW|
|SLING TV||TRY NOW|
What is ESPN2?
Launched in 1993, ESPN2 was originally designed to be a more youth-centric sports network, and it showed in its graffiti logo and the graphics that ran over shows like SportsNight with Keith Olbermann and more extreme alternative sports coverage, like snowboarding and lumberjack logging. By the late 1990s, the youthful angle began getting phased out for more mainstream coverage, allowing the overall ESPN brand a secondary channel for what was certainly an overflowing schedule. Now on ESPN2 you can find games and matches from the MLB, Major League Soccer, NCAA football and basketball, and even NASCAR on ESPN2. It’s essential for streaming college football. On Oct. 28, for example, ESPN2 will broadcast four NCAA football games: Texas Tech vs. Iowa State (12pm), Arizona State vs. USC (3:30pm), NC State vs. Syracuse (7pm), and Hawaii vs. Fresno State (10:30pm).
- How to stream Pac-12 Network online
- How to stream ACC Network Extra
- How to watch Mountain West Network football games online
- How to watch Big Ten Network online
- How to watch SEC Network online
ESPN2 live stream: 4 ways to watch ESPN2 online for free
If you have a way to watch ESPN online, chances are you can also stream ESPN2. The channels tend to be packaged together on most of the major live TV streaming services. The exception is FuboTV, which doesn’t offer any ESPN channels. Here are your best options for an ESPN2 live stream and what you need to know about each one.
- Cost: $54.99 per month
- Devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch, and iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, the CW (check your local availability here)
Do you want ESPN? Well darn it, you’re getting (almost) every ESPN channel known to mankind in one package, including ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN News, ESPNU, ESPN Goal Line, and ESPN Bases Loaded. Other sports channels include the Big Ten Network, CBS Sports, FS1 and FS2, NBC Sports, and the Golf Channel. If ESPN is what you came for, it’s what you’re getting. (Here’s a complete guide to Hulu Live TV channels.)
Game-changing feature: Every subscription comes with free access to Hulu’s on-demand library, meaning you can catch up on all of your favorite shows. (Here are our picks for the best movies on Hulu, Hulu documentaries, anime, and the must-see Hulu originals.)
2) Sling TV
WATCH: Is Sling TV Worth It?
- Cost: $25-$40 per month (40% off first month)
- Devices: Amazon Fire TVs, Android Fire Stick, Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Xbox One, Google Chromecast, Oculus Go, and iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: NBC, Fox (check your local availability here)
Sling TV is a great bet for sports fans, but it comes with a catch or two. In the Sling Orange pack, you’ll get ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, but all the other sports channels are in the Sling Blue package. You can combine them for $40 a month, and snag NFL RedZone (along with a smattering of other core sports channels) for an extra $10 per month. (Here’s a complete guide to Sling TV channels.)
Game-changing feature: Price. Sling TV is the cheapest way to watch ESPN2 online.
3) YouTube TV
- Cost: $49.99 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- Devices: Google Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, Xbox One, iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: NBC, CBS, Fox, ABC, the CW (enter your ZIP code here to check your availability)
YouTube TV is one of the best options for streaming sports of almost any stripe. You get ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNews, and ESPNU. You’ll also get FS1 and FS 2, MLB Network, NBA TV, NBCSN, Big Ten Network, and CBS Sports. Not bad for a cool $40 a month. If you’ve got a family with diverse tastes, up to six of you can watch whenever you like and you’ll your own unlimited DVR accounts. (Here’s a complete guide to YouTube TV channels.)
Game-changing feature: You can add up to six accounts per household, and each one of those accounts gets unlimited cloud DVR. Even better: You can fast-forward through ads in recorded programs.
Other ways to watch ESPN2
If you’re want to watch ESPN2 on desktop, you can always do so from your web browser. ESPN recommends that you run the latest version of Chrome, Safari, Firefox, or Explorer, and that you have an internet speed of at least 2 Mbps. (For a full list of system requirements, go here.) You’ll find all of the live ESPN2 programming under the Watch tab. Just press the play button on the video player, and you’ll be prompted to enter your login information. ESPN accepts DirecTV Now, Hulu, Sling TV, PlayStation Vue, and YouTube TV credentials in addition to standard cable providers. Just select which one you use from the list, put your information in, and you’re set.
Cost: Free to download
New to cord-cutting? Here are our picks for the best movie streaming sites of 2018 and free live TV apps and channels. If you’re looking for a specific channel, here’s how to watch HBO, Showtime, Starz, Sundance TV, ESPN, ESPN3, ESPNU, Willow, AMC, FX, Fox News, Freeform, MSNBC, CNN, CNBC, FS1, TBS, TNT, Tennis Channel, Golf Channel, Syfy, HGTV, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, Bravo, Lifetime, Discovery, PBS, the CW, BBC, CSPAN, NBA TV, MTV, Comedy Central, Food Network, TLC, HLN, A&E, Animal Planet, National Geographic, the Weather Channel, the History Channel, and NFL RedZone without cable, as well as free movies on YouTube. If you’re on the move, here’s how to watch Fox Sports Go and live stream NBC Sports.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.